Season 22 discussion

Comments

• fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks what about Tony? Has he got someone rubbish again?
    In the quote above!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So far then...

Artem and Mischa Barton (Actress)
    Val and Ginger Zee (GMA weather presenter)
    Sasha and Kim Fields (Actress/Real Housewives...)
    Mark with Paige van Zant (MMA)
    Keo and Jodie Sweetin (Actress)
    Tony and Marla Marples (Ex Mrs Trump and actress apparently)

Witney with Von Miller (Football player)
    Sharna and Antonio Brown (Football player)
    Karina and Doug Flutie (Football player)
    Edyta and ?
    Peta and Nyle di Marco (Model who is deaf)
    Jenna??
    Lindsay??
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    yep Mark stands a chance and Tony hasn't got someone old and who has no chance
  • kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe14 wrote: »
    Wish that it would be Von/Karina and Doug/Witney.
    Karina's one of the best dancers on the show and has had rubbish celebs since Corbin so is due a younger partner.
    Witney, on the other hand has another contender. On paper Cody, Alfonso and Carlos were all contenders and you couldn't predict Chris as a duffer on paper either. It's her turn for an older one.

From what I have seen on twitter people have said that Doug is extremely popular where Karina is one of my fav pro I don't mind the pairing wish Von was with Emma though I'm not a fan of Witney's choreography

New pairing announced on puredwts Geraldo Rivera is with Edyta he is the shortest male and only 2 inches shorter than Edyta he is 72 I agree with puredwts that he probably requested her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Updated..

Artem and Mischa Barton (Actress)
    Val and Ginger Zee (GMA weather presenter)
    Sasha and Kim Fields (Actress/Real Housewives...)
    Mark with Paige van Zant (MMA)
    Keo and Jodie Sweetin (Actress)
    Tony and Marla Marples (Ex Mrs Trump and actress apparently)

Witney and Von Miller (Football player)
    Sharna and Antonio Brown (Football player)
    Karina and Doug Flutie (Football player)
    Edyta and Geraldo Rivera (TV show host)
    Peta and Nyle di Marco (Model who is deaf)
    Lindsay and ?? (everyone seems sure it's Lindsay and not Jenna..)
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »
    From what I have seen on twitter people have said that Doug is extremely popular where Karina is one of my fav pro I don't mind the pairing wish Von was with Emma though I'm not a fan of Witney's choreography

New pairing announced on puredwts Geraldo Rivera is with Edyta he is the shortest male and only 2 inches shorter than Edyta he is 72 I agree with puredwts that he probably requested her

Lots of confusion at the "celebrity heights" site about Geraldo, but some say they've met him and he's about 5'9"

www.celebheights.com/s/Geraldo-Rivera-3911.html

Edyta is 5'6" - pretty sure that's right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elsa wrote: »
    Lots of confusion at the "celebrity heights" site about Geraldo, but some say they've met him and he's about 5'9"

www.celebheights.com/s/Geraldo-Rivera-3911.html

Edyta is 5'6" - pretty sure that's right.

Oops that should have been taller not shorter :blush: I heard Edyta was 5'7"
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    Well Mark's going to be top of the leaderboard almost every single week then; Paige trained in ballet, jazz, and hip-hop for 13 years, on top of being the youngest and fittest contestant. :p

Keo might have a shot with Jodie, but if she underperforms we'll know it's Keo's teaching style that's the problem; Chaka was always going to struggle, but neither Lolo nor Charlotte were bad on paper.

(Also excited for Nyle - Marlee Matlin was absolutely awe-inspiring back in Season 6). :o
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Well I've heard of 3 so far :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    new rumour for another female contestant

No idea if this is true or not but if it is who will she dance with? She is pretty tall at 5.9 1/2 and Keo is the tallest pro and he is paired with Jodie unless they have another tall pro. Seem a bit late minute.
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, there's Dmitry Chaplin who they paired with 5'10" Petra Nemcova back in Series 12 (after he'd been gone a couple seasons.)
    Forum Member
    are any of the new pros tall this year?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elsa wrote: »
    Well, there's Dmitry Chaplin who they paired with 5'10" Petra Nemcova back in Series 12 (after he'd been gone a couple seasons.)

I was thinking of Dmitry, Alec as Edyta is back (although I stick to my previous post that neither are coming back), someone new or as Derek is away they need a big name pro to come back again (need roll eyes smilie) but i hope not, this however could be a ploy to get her on another season which has happened before with other celebs although with 11 out of 12 being 'confirmed' through other sources than gma I wouldnt be surprised if tptb are trying to get some unexpected last minute celebs like Alek last year. Normally for the spring season they have 12 pairings
    are any of the new pros tall this year?

No new pros as far as I have heard except maybe the troupe
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PureDWTS saying last cast member is someone from BoyzIIMen and will dance with Lindsay
    Forum Member
    I wish they would get a couple of new pros
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiril kulish being rumoured to be joining the troupe (alongside Emma, Alan, Jenna, Haley? and..can't remember.. 😳 )

KK was Jenna's pro partner in the past and has a background in ballet and Latin. He starred in Billy Elliot on Broadway some years back and won awards for it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Kiril kulish being rumoured to be joining the troupe (alongside Emma, Alan, Jenna, Haley? and..can't remember.. 😳 )

KK was Jenna's pro partner in the past and has a background in ballet and Latin. He starred in Billy Elliot on Broadway some years back and won awards for it

Was the other one Paul?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was the other one Paul?

I might be imagining another one! Did they have three men in the troupe last season? Sasha, Alan and ...? Maybe there'll just be Kiril and Alan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might be imagining another one! Did they have three men in the troupe last season? Sasha, Alan and ...? Maybe there'll just be Kiril and Alan.

Just Sasha, Alan and Artem kinda although he only do bumpers with other pros not troupe only ones. Thought they could have added Paul Karmiryan as his name has been mentioned almost as much as Jenna going to a pro next season each season since Jenna joined.
    Forum Member
    Was the other one Paul?

whos Paul?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whos Paul?

Paul Karmiryan who was on sytycd and has been linked to dwts for about 4 seasons now for the troupe
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emma is not in the troupe she is taking a break according to her Twitter

Kiril, Shannon and Dennis is in the troupe, take it Brittany and Alan are out Jenna and possibly Hayley are in
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emma is not in the troupe she is taking a break according to her Twitter

Kiril, Shannon and Dennis is in the troupe, take it Brittany and Alan are out Jenna and possibly Hayley are in

Interesting about Emma.

Linsay's partner is Wanya Morris from BoysIIMen
    Forum Member
    Interesting about Emma.

Linsay's partner is Wanya Morris from BoysIIMen

wonder if she will come back in a future series?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wonder if she will come back in a future series?

She's very popular and does a good job with some of the more challenged contestants. I'm guessing Edyta might not be a permanent fixture.