Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Peter still got the pugs? I haven't seen them in this series so far.

No sign of them from what I've seen. Quite odd. There's so much footage of the kids at home, you'd think they'd be bounding around the place...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have no idea how Emily is. All we know about Emily is the saccharine image presented to us of Emily by a PR company and Peter.

This is not about Emily, like it's not about KP. It's about PA cultivating an image of Emily as tool to antiagonise his ex wife.

I have not insulted Emily in any way shape or form - don't twist what I say.

The kids do know Emily. So how can he cultivate an image and 'make her a saint in their eyes' as you said.?
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Peter still got the pugs? I haven't seen them in this series so far.

:D Ha...I thought 'pugs' was a euphemism for something :o couldn't work out what until I read Lexi's post.
  • ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    No sign of them from what I've seen. Quite odd. There's so much footage of the kids at home, you'd think they'd be bounding around the place...

I thought so. The last time I'd seen Porridge it was towards the end of the previous series, he was in the garden wearing a bark collar.

My MIL has one, when they're together I have a job telling them apart, same.:D
  • ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Ha...I thought 'pugs' was a euphemism for something :o couldn't work out what until I read Lexi's post.

:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KP a feminist?.. really?.. she is one of the worst misogynists I have ever encountered... she is incapable of spending more than 24 hours as a single woman... she defines her whole existence on how attractive/sexy she is to men.

I don't think PA is setting Emily up as the pinnacle of womanhood to antagonise his ex... who could he date that would come across as worse?.. seriously KP has set a high bar for bad behaviour... it seems to me Emily is an intelligent normal woman... why is she being attacked for being herself and therefore she must be a schemer?.. give her a break ffs... the only thing questionable about her is her taste in men.

Disclaimer... I am not a PA fan... just because my opinion differs from yours does not mean I have gone over to the orange side.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KP a feminist?.. really?.. she is one of the worst misogynists I have ever encountered... she is incapable of spending more than 24 hours as a single woman... she defines her whole existence on how attractive/sexy she is to men.

I don't think PA is setting Emily up as the pinnacle of womanhood to antagonise his ex... who could he date that would come across as worse?.. seriously KP has set a high bar for bad behaviour... it seems to me Emily is an intelligent normal woman... why is she being attacked for being herself and therefore she must be a schemer?.. give her a break ffs... the only thing questionable about her is her taste in men.

Disclaimer... I am not a PA fan... just because my opinion differs from yours does not mean I have gone over to the orange side.

Who said she was a feminist??

Emily probably is a fine woman - but it's not about her, it's about the emphasis he puts on how perfect she is, in every possible way, with the children...it's completely OTT.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D

You can probably tell I'm not a dog person - I thought maybe it was a new name for moobs :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can probably tell I'm not a dog person - I thought maybe it was a new name for moobs :o

:D Speaking of, he'll be getting those out on Thursday. It's calendar time! Momma will be thrilled. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Speaking of, he'll be getting those out on Thursday. It's calendar time! Momma will be thrilled. ;)

Aww, tis a shame I'm on a late shift, shucks, I always have bad luck :cry: ...will speedo's be involved do you reckon :eek:
  • delazarousdelazarous Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KP is definitely not a feminist - she doesn't have the self awareness! Its why she also hasn't got any real, long term friends which is a shame, I think - women who see others only as competition, could gain so much from gender political awareness
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have no idea how Emily is. All we know about Emily is the saccharine image presented to us of Emily by a PR company and Peter.

This is not about Emily, like it's not about KP. It's about PA cultivating an image of Emily as tool to antiagonise his ex wife.

I have not insulted Emily in any way shape or form - don't twist what I say.
    :D

Cultivating an image to antiagonise the ex wife, he chose to leave 4yrs ago. Really?
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »

Cultivating an image to antiagonise the ex wife, he chose to leave 4yrs ago. Really?

My mistake. It's his music that been keeping him on the front page of magazines, not ex-wife feuding :D
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mistake. It's his music that been keeping him on the front page of magazines, not ex-wife feuding :D

So how does Emily become involved :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep....going out with someone who is not as repulsive as the ex. (which let's face it is nigh on impossible) is one huuuuge conspiracy designed to antagonise.
    Seeing as the ex in question thinks herself the bee's knee's and insists it's 'all about her', I'm intrigued to know just how this is supposed to upset her - nonsensical.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how does Emily become involved :confused:

:confused: Um.......because she seems relatively normal and nice and therefore MUST be being used as some dastardly weapon to harpoon at the heart of the plastic one. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww, tis a shame I'm on a late shift, shucks, I always have bad luck :cry: ...will speedo's be involved do you reckon :eek:

I'm afraid so, fifi. And speedo stuffing too, if the blurb for the ep that I read earlier is accurate.

*sharpens pencil in anticipation* ;)
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: Um.......because she seems relatively normal and nice and therefore MUST be being used as some dastardly weapon to harpoon at the heart of the plastic one. :confused:

I don't think she's necessarily being "used as a dastardly weapon" but there do seem to have been a quite a few comments from PA about how "natural" and "intelligent" she is - and whilst HE might not necessarily have meant the comments as anything more than compliments TO HER, you can guarantee that some people will jump on anything EITHER of them say as proof that they are still having a go at each other.

As to the BIB - I'm still reserving judgement.
    Most people can seem nice if they are well-edited, and I'm still not convinced that a truly nice, classy woman would touch PA with a bargepole - particularly when you consider where he's been.

@Daisy - I second your b*ll*cks and raise you a b*llsh*t;)
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're racing way ahead Lexi, speedo stuffing doesn't feature until ep 8. It's Nick Clegg, fish tanks and A&E drama this week, then Kenyan safari with Ems next week to come first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid so, fifi. And speedo stuffing too, if the blurb for the ep that I read earlier is accurate.

*sharpens pencil in anticipation* ;)

Ah yes !...the sock stuffing, question is one pair or two, oh what a conundrum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she's necessarily being "used as a dastardly weapon" but there do seem to have been a quite a few comments from PA about how "natural" and "intelligent" she is - and whilst HE might not necessarily have meant the comments as anything more than compliments TO HER, you can guarantee that some people will jump on anything EITHER of them say as proof that they are still having a go at each other.

Most people can seem nice if they are well-edited, and I'm still not convinced that a truly nice, classy woman would touch PA with a bargepole - particularly when you consider where he's been.

You really did too.
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have always liked PA I find him amusing, all the slating he gets makes him interesting. You are wondering why??. I recently bought his book in a second hand shop lol and its been a hilarious read.He talks about his wedding outfit and how it was covered in Schwartzkopf thingies-crystals and how everyone at the wedding gasped when they saw him.out of admiration but after seeing the pics I would imagine they were really saying WTF,
    To me the guy is funny and in some ways very naive and immature.. He does not realise how he comes across.His g/f seems lovely, beautiful and smart. I bet he cant believe his luck. He is cheesy, overly gushing and emotional,He is also jealous and petty at times but he admits these flaws in the book, which surprised me. He is also too much influenced by others, fame and loves attention too much.
    His ex is high maintainance, selfish spiteful and immature, but he shares some of those traits. He to me is likeable, despite his flaws. His tough childhood explains a lot of his personality as bullying and not being accepted does affect self esteem and .creates a strong need to be liked. I have not watched any of his shows, but I might watch on youtube now. All this chat has twigged my interest.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    You really did too.

:confused:
    I really did too what??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't disagree with a lot of that.........I do see PA as someone who is and always has been vocal in his compliments and expressions for his love towards family/friends etc (including the early days when with she who shall not be named) so I don't see his behaviour as any different than usual TBH.
    As for Emily, no, none of us know her, that's why I said 'seems' like a nice person and I don't classify 'nice' as classy, I don't think many people do, do they?......what I don't find 'nice' is the type of behaviour and attitudes that I have highlighted many a time regarding the ex.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    You're racing way ahead Lexi, speedo stuffing doesn't feature until ep 8. It's Nick Clegg, fish tanks and A&E drama this week, then Kenyan safari with Ems next week to come first.

Oops. my mistakeage. :D Forgot to look at the date. Hope no one mistakes me for a PA fan now that it seems I can't wait for his revealage.
This discussion has been closed.