Andrea Faustini's debut album 'Kelly'

13»

Comments

• Sammi42Sammi42 Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    I think I was commenting rather than correcting tbh. I'm just saying that I find it odd that anyone would wish non-UK sales to be included in a UK chart.

How is it odd to wish that they did count? I never once suggest they did or they should. Why would I not wish? Do I not want it to have more streams? The fact you keeps going on about how it's weird is weird. After you agreed that you knew what I meant in the first place.

Some people wish they could go to certain countries. I wished the streams from other countries counted.
  • Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really surprised how good this is. Well done Andreas!
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    Sammi42 wrote: »
    How is it odd to wish that they did count? I never once suggest they did or they should. Why would I not wish? Do I not want it to have more streams? The fact you keeps going on about how it's weird is weird. After you agreed that you knew what I meant in the first place.

Some people wish they could go to certain countries. I wished the streams from other countries counted.

I perfectly understand that you think it is a shame that streaming outside the UK doesn't count towards a UK chart. But a UK chart is a UK chart, and so even saying it's a shame, that you wish they would count etc just seems to miss the point that performance in the UK is irrelevant to performance outside the UK. It's great for Andrea that he has non-UK fans, and hopefully for him, those streams, that you say he has abroad, will help him chart in those countries.

Tbh I think we will go on in circles on this one - the DS MF is a discussion forum, where not everyone will agree with what you say - but there's no point getting bothered by it. Let's just agree that we can't agree on this one.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sales 3,753

Ouch... he will be lucky to break 10,000 by the end of the run. This was bound to be his biggest selling week. As i said, he needs to hit the road and tour tour tour to try to build some momentum up to try and sell some albums.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    I perfectly understand that you think it is a shame that streaming outside the UK doesn't count towards a UK chart. But a UK chart is a UK chart, and so even saying it's a shame, that you wish they would count etc just seems to miss the point that performance in the UK is irrelevant to performance outside the UK. It's great for Andrea that he has non-UK fans, and hopefully for him, those streams, that you say he has abroad, will help him chart in those countries.

Tbh I think we will go on in circles on this one - the DS MF is a discussion forum, where not everyone will agree with what you say - but there's no point getting bothered by it. Let's just agree that we can't agree on this one.

My mistake I didn't know a figure of speech would be taken so seriously. I'll be more careful next time (insert sarcasm)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    Ouch... he will be lucky to break 10,000 by the end of the run. This was bound to be his biggest selling week. As i said, he needs to hit the road and tour tour tour to try to build some momentum up to try and sell some albums.

I read somewhere there was only couple hundred sales between the top 5-10.
    A great platform to promote it a like a prime time/late night char show would be great it's unfortunate most of them are on a break right now. I've always said I thought the album would be a slow burner. There is some great potential singles in it. I just hope they get a good proper promotional platform.
  • ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    Dropped to 14 which was pretty close to my prediction. Not too bad but doubtful it will be enough for a second. He needs to get out on the road and tour the crap out if it.

I hope he can get to tour even if it is small intimate gigs.I hope his record deal doesnt go to waste,he deserves some success.
  • dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am confident Andrea will be around for a long time to come, he may not set the charts alight at least initially due to him being new on the scene, receiving relevantly small promotion by RCA and currently only having a smallish fan base, but, the boy can sing and the material produced on the first album is very good even if he/it's not everyone's cup of of tea, no artist/album ever is!

As time progresses his fan base will grow as will the promotion, even if RCA somehow screw it up I suspect he will be snapped up immediately by another label...
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    Sammi42 wrote: »
    My mistake I didn't know a figure of speech would be taken so seriously. I'll be more careful next time (insert sarcasm)

You're clearly perfect for this forum.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Wow downloaded this off spotify today, great album. The songs really suit him and his voice sounds incredible!
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only just checked out his album today didn't realise it was out. His voice is soo incredible I'm so impressed with the album I can't stop listening to it. I really hope he gets the success he deserves! I'll be buying it for sure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didnt realise Andrea is a Syco artist??

https://twitter.com/tmstoresuk/status/625618288912007168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ucra girl wrote: »
    Didnt realise Andrea is a Syco artist??

https://twitter.com/tmstoresuk/status/625618288912007168

On the CD album it says RCA SYCO, all I can think of is that for a period of time SYCO have some rights due to xfactor. All articles regarding his contract only mention RCA... :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dia6olo wrote: »
    On the CD album it says RCA SYCO, all I can think of is that for a period of time SYCO have some rights due to xfactor. All articles regarding his contract only mention RCA... :confused:

When he was signed I dont remember anything about SYCO tbh.It is worrying because Simon wasnt a fan at all.There is Tamera,Ben and Fluer to come.Dont know if Andrea stands a chance long term with Simon.SYCO are taking on too much and diminishing individual chances.That was my tweet and I was surprised to get a reply;-)
  • spoolingspooling Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ucra girl wrote: »
    When he was signed I dont remember anything about SYCO tbh.It is worrying because Simon wasnt a fan at all.There is Tamera,Ben and Fluer to come.Dont know if Andrea stands a chance long term with Simon.SYCO are taking on too much and diminishing individual chances.That was my tweet and I was surprised to get a reply;-)
    Comparing the back sides of the jewel cases of these CDs

Andrea Fausini - Kelly
    Sony Music - RCA - Syco Music
    copyright 2015 Simco limited

Nicholas McDonald - In the arms of an angel
    SYCO Music - RCA - Sony Music
    copyright 2014 Simco limited

Syco/Simco probaly have a contractual deal with XF contestants that they can cash for a while for the popularity they created, a kind of marketing "goodwill" paid back.
    That may also explain that RCA doesn't invest too much, as the net cash eventually goes to SC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spooling wrote: »
    Comparing the back sides of the jewel cases of these CDs

Andrea Fausini - Kelly
    Sony Music - RCA - Syco Music
    copyright 2015 Simco limited

Nicholas McDonald - In the arms of an angel
    SYCO Music - RCA - Sony Music
    copyright 2014 Simco limited

Syco/Simco probaly have a contractual deal with XF contestants that they can cash for a while for the popularity they created, a kind of marketing "goodwill" paid back.
    That may also explain that RCA doesn't invest too much, as the net cash eventually goes to SC.

Probably as the artists are 'discovered' by SYCO.The danger is being caught in the middle of company interests.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrea dropped to 40 for the second week of the charts. Shame.

It is interesting to note that Give a Little Love, his debut single, never broke the top 100. But then it was never played on any major radio stations at all. I am not sure how a song even gets onto a radio's playlist these days?

Most Andrea fans would agree with me that GALL was probably not the right choice as a first single from this album. It is arguably not representative of the album and there are way better songs on the album too - songs that would also appeal to a wider audience. I am hoping that RCA will release Kelly or The River as the next single. Surely they will release a second single? It's a shame to put all that time and investment into the album if they are not going to at least try for a second single.

As to Syco - I Didn't Know My Own Strength is on this album - it is the copy that was recorded as Andrea's potential X Factor winner's single (like Simon would have let THAT happen... ;) ) so it will be wholly owned by Syco. Additionally, having seen the X Factor contract previously, Simon basically owns a proportion of these guy's earnings for a good while after X Factor - two years if I remember rightly.... So I am guessing that explains the annoying Syco label on the album.... I can only hope that it's right that RCA will still be invested in Andrea in 18 months' time, when Syco won't be involved any more.

If you haven't listened to this album yet - give it a go. It isn't what you would expect from Andrea on X Factor. It's a great album :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrea dropped to 40 for the second week of the charts. Shame.

It is interesting to note that Give a Little Love, his debut single, never broke the top 100. But then it was never played on any major radio stations at all. I am not sure how a song even gets onto a radio's playlist these days?

Most Andrea fans would agree with me that GALL was probably not the right choice as a first single from this album. It is arguably not representative of the album and there are way better songs on the album too - songs that would also appeal to a wider audience. I am hoping that RCA will release Kelly or The River as the next single. Surely they will release a second single? It's a shame to put all that time and investment into the album if they are not going to at least try for a second single.

As to Syco - I Didn't Know My Own Strength is on this album - it is the copy that was recorded as Andrea's potential X Factor winner's single (like Simon would have let THAT happen... ;) ) so it will be wholly owned by Syco. Additionally, having seen the X Factor contract previously, Simon basically owns a proportion of these guy's earnings for a good while after X Factor - two years if I remember rightly.... So I am guessing that explains the annoying Syco label on the album.... I can only hope that it's right that RCA will still be invested in Andrea in 18 months' time, when Syco won't be involved any more.

If you haven't listened to this album yet - give it a go. It isn't what you would expect from Andrea on X Factor. It's a great album :)

Jake Sims said Radio stations have their artists,Love Me So never got played too.However it seems if you are signed you get to sing live on TV which Andrea did and SK didint.

I do think it was a shame they promoted the album not Give a little love,that single was a cracker.

In the past we had labels outside of Sony Group like Universal signing XFactor acts but not anymore,these SYCO deals seem to limit chances of contestants.Only Simon's backing gives anyone a chance tbh.Having said that OTY are signed by Warner Music but they always had their own management when all others were signed by James Grant.Tbh there are more complicated business arrangements and boycotts regards signing XFactor acts as they are Simon's property so to speak.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    It's all over for him in terms of this album. The album dropped to 91 yesterday after only 3 weeks. Chart run 14, 40,91.
    Sony/ syco won't waste anymore money on promotion and he won't get a second or third single.
    I have seen this happen too many times over the years of watching X factor. Most acts from that show disappear very quickly. Just going on that show ruins your credibility. That's why no X factor act has ever appeared on Jules holland show.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well at least we got a decent album with original songs from him.

He'll still get to keep his record deal advance which will be a good amount of money and he has his X Factor tour money too. No one feel bad for Andrea, financially even if the record has failed he won't have too bad out of it.

However, i think he'll be able to secure a independent label for a second album at least.

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    surrey13 wrote: »
    It's all over for him in terms of this album. The album dropped to 91 yesterday after only 3 weeks. Chart run 14, 40,91.
    Sony/ syco won't waste anymore money on promotion and he won't get a second or third single.
    I have seen this happen too many times over the years of watching X factor. Most acts from that show disappear very quickly. Just going on that show ruins your credibility. That's why no X factor act has ever appeared on Jules holland show.

I do think that is not neccesarily true.If it wasnt for the XFactor Andrea may have remained unknown.Now he has built a platform out of it which he can use outside the UK.I think the earlier you get out the better and he should move on now away from Sony.

It is the SYCO domination that is ruining it.It looks that unless you have Simon's backing,you cant be successful and other labels wont touch you.Simon has just given Zayn Malik to RCA ,Andrea cant stand a chance .Zayn is also from the XFactor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're all getting ahead of yourselves, these things take time and I suspect Andrea will be around for a long time to come be it with RCA or someone else...