Fobwatch-gate

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    t's not just the watch, but the colours associated with the watch that's the really interesting thing. Thanks Andy, you've just found me the smoking gun.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it that rhyme again... And why did those Daleks have to remember Amy?
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    I assumed on first watching the episode with the first fob-watch (can't remember its name now) that a fob-watch was used because it was a more or less ordinary everyday item that wouldn't arouse suspicion in that time period. I assumed that the chameleon arch related gizmo could be anything.
    I always made the same assumption - that the only reason they made Yana's a fob-watch is so that Martha and the viewers could make the connection immediately. If Yana had a perfectly normal object that looked like nothing Martha recognised and didn't arouse any suspicion, then the story would have been a lot shorter.

Having said that, I agree that the item on the dress could just as easily be a mirror or powder compact.
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Samster wrote: »
    I know there is a lot of specualtion about Rory being The Master / relative of but in the dinosaur episode only Rory & his Dad could pilot since they have shared DNA / genetics. IF Rory is masterly, what does that say about his Old Man?

Very good point. The fob watch is interesting but certainly doesn't point to Rory being the Master. Amy however :D No, seriously. Neither are the Master.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    munta wrote: »
    Very good point. The fob watch is interesting but certainly doesn't point to Rory being the Master. Amy however :D No, seriously. Neither are the Master.

Ooh, careful...with Moff, all things are possible! :D
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Ooh, careful...with Moff, all things are possible! :D

So that's where last year came from? He's using an infinite improbability drive! Douglas Adams must have left it in the Script Editors filing cabinet. :)
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    So that's where last year came from? He's using an infinite improbability drive! Douglas Adams must have left it in the Script Editors filing cabinet. :)

Well, that makes sense. In an improbable sort of way. :D