Toshiba L7365 WiFi Problem

battlezonebattlezone Posts: 1,838
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've had the above TV for about two months now. Everything fine until Friday 13th (of all days!). The internet connection has failed. I have tried restting the TVat least four times. Tried connecting with an etherent cable. Reset the router (BT HH3). Nothing works even though a connection test says it is connected. Other devices around the house connect OK both wirelessly & cable. So I am at a loss what to do next.

Comments

• Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,460
    Forum Member
    If you've got an ethernet cable connected, then you're not using WiFi - and there shouldn't be any thing to stop the connection working. Presumably you changed the setting to use Ethernet instead of WiFi?.

Assuming you did, try a factory reset on the TV, and set it all up from scratch.
  • battlezonebattlezone Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, it's been a while to reply.

I did try everything possible to get the TV to connect to the www.

Tosh UK couldn't help much and passed me onto a repair company. Ultimately they told me to try and upgrade the firmware to a version that was not listed for my model! Obviously did not do that!

Anyway, in the end I contacted Costco and they collected the TV and refunded me in full (they offer a 90 day try out period on TV's).. They wouldn't swap the set so I re-ordered and saved £100 in the process.

So, there must have been something wrong with the WiFi card in the original TV. New one still working fine after 3 weeks or so
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,460
    Forum Member
    battlezone wrote: »
    So, there must have been something wrong with the WiFi card in the original TV. New one still working fine after 3 weeks or so

Again, as previous mentioned, if you connected it via an Ethernet cable and it still didn't work then it's nothing to do with WiFi.

It 'might' have needed something as simple as a factory reset of the TV?, and start entirely from scratch - but as you've got the set changed now (and saved money) you're all sorted.
  • battlezonebattlezone Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, didn't mention but I had also tried connecting via ethernet but the same thing happened. Tried umpteen factory resets but nowt worked.