Doc Martin (Part 5 — Spoilers)

Comments

• TantraceciliaTantracecilia Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madmother wrote: »
    It sounds like it would be too much at the moment. I couldn't cope with the concept of DM without MC & LG. I would need subtitles too.:rolleyes:
    It could be a definite possibilty for after S5 (if S5 is the last :cry:). For when the withdrawal symptoms become too bad.

that's my feeling right now, I'm still feel dirty!....and it's about a few hours since I stop watching it :rolleyes:

i'm convincing myself that it is a kind of version, but not the same at all!...in fact, at the spanish version the doctor goes out to jogging in the morning, laugh with his aunt and at people, ride a motorbike, and according to what i read, he finaly accept the dog as his :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't cope with the concept of DM without MC & LG.

Me neither. For me it's the characters that make me love it so much - IMO the spanish version is a different show entirely - just based on and named after DM.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sendibo wrote: »
    Me neither. For me it's the characters that make me love it so much - IMO the spanish version is a different show entirely - just based on and named after DM.

that's what i was trying to say....is a different show entirely, but anyway i can't watch it without feel that i'm betraying somthing or someone! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just watch your new vid Sen!!
    loved it!.....excelent song choice!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Was just thinking yesterday that the two words I can't wait to hear from DM in season 5 is "my son".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I totally agree. Absolutely fabulous. :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsWindy1 wrote: »
    Was just thinking yesterday that the two words I can't wait to hear from DM in season 5 is "my son".

We should hear that plenty of times. Probably prefaced by 'Um...':D:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree. Absolutely fabulous. :D:D

I can't either! The villagers are going to have so much fun with this, I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

uuuuhhh!!! yeah!!! I think that phrase will be so sweet to hear!!:cry:
  • ZincubusZincubus Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody told me that Doc Martin has Aspergers Syndrome !?

Is that correct ??

Did a bit of research and >>

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt47315.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zincubus wrote: »

Is that correct ??

Fascinating. We've discussed on this forum off and on too and were not completely sure whether DM's supposed to have Aspergers. Maybe we'll find out during season 5.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is that correct ??

I think if he has or not it depend stricktly on the analysis you made on the character, What I meant is, for some people (as we discuss here some threads ago) he might look like he has Asperger sindrome, for other he is slighly autistics, and for some (like me) he had shitty parents and his upbringing was like from a Charles Dickens book therefore he lacks of all the social skill that we acquiere on our childhood and has a emotional disorder that makes him brusque, blunt, rude but well meaning :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is that correct ??

by the way, love the last post in this link you send!....
    that is the accurate one!:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    by the way, love the last post in this link you send!....
    that is the accurate one!:D:D

That one was funny :D That Adam dude had some great theories. We should send him an invitation :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That one was funny :D That Adam dude had some great theories. We should send him an invitation :rolleyes:

Good idea. Maybe we should issue a blanket invite - everyone welcome. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

yeah!, he looks like one of us!;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is that correct ??

First of all, welcome Zinc...second..wowza:eek::eek:!...this Adam is serious, as in seriously suffering from Docmartinitis!!! I'm guessing his box set is at least as worn as all of ours...very impressive;):rolleyes::p:p.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn it!!!
    last night Mr. TC came back from work and said "lets watch Doctor mateo to see why you like it so much":mad:..... that was like saying that fresh orange juice (just squeezed from the orange) and powder orange juice (orange kool-aid if that exists) are the same!!, at that point I correct him saying that it is a diferent show based on DM...and have nothing similar apart from the fact that is about a surgeon with haemofobia and he will be in love with the school teacher but nothing more!......to make the long history short, last night I had to watch eps 1 & 2 again...:(:(

I think the worst part is that he liked it!!!....so he said that when he cames back today....we will watch at least 2 eps more!!!

I will have to go and buy some sleeping pills, to drop unconscious and not have to watch, take 2 or 3 screwdrivers (vodka with orange juice) before, during and after we watch that so at least i would feel dirty but drunk! (<--- this option feels very suitable) .....any other idea?...well I have the rest of the day untill 6:30 pm (now it is 7:00 am) to think what to do :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Apologies if this has been posted before. I've only just come across it.
    http://radioscilly.com/asheardonair/martinclunes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ginny wrote: »

Dare I say it... that's not exactly a flattering photo of MC :o *ducks*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody told me that Doc Martin has Aspergers Syndrome !?Is that correct ??

Welcome to the thread Zincubus:):)
    I don't think he'sd an Asperger's sufferer - it would be too easy - IMO, he's just a VERY VERY awkward bu**er:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dare I say it... that's not exactly a flattering photo of MC :o *ducks*

must be the angle,.....but it is fine by me :D:D
  • winenroseswinenroses Posts: 6,470
    Forum Member
    simplyred wrote: »
    Welcome to the thread Zincubus:):)
    I don't think he'sd an Asperger's sufferer - it would be too easy - IMO, he's just a VERY VERY awkward bu**er:D

How bizarre. I thought I'd look on here to see if anyone had raised this point and there you both were.

He knows all about OCD but it might be hard for him to diagnose his own Asperger's-like tendencies:

"Sorry, doctor, I hope I'm not wasting your time."

"Yes you are. Next!" :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    winenroses wrote: »
    How bizarre. I thought I'd look on here to see if anyone had raised this point and there you both were.
    He knows all about OCD but it might be hard for him to diagnose his own Asperger's-like tendencies:
    "Sorry, doctor, I hope I'm not wasting your time."
    "Yes you are. Next!" :D

Welcome to you as well:)
    He was certainly made aware of the possibility - by the psychologist Dr Oakwood in S3 - and dismissed it with his usual grace;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ginny wrote: »

Thx, Ginny. Very interesting interview. :):)
This discussion has been closed.