Eastenders - The Beales House...

QTC13QTC13 Posts: 3,566
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sorry if I'm being thick here, but what is happening with the Beales house? Just noticed in tonights episode it's all fenced off? Did I miss something:o

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    I don't think anybody knows
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's not been explained as of yet - though no Beale's have been around to mention it - but still, it should be noted - maybe it will once Ian reappears

Anyone eagle eyed last night should have noticed a change to the Launderette set too....

When they removed the Vic set after the Fire, the other permanent sets in Stage One were moved around (first time in at least 15 years) and upgraded for HD - in doing so, the Launderette has had a complete makeover in the back office area - there is not a new room behind the two spin dryers, a fire exit & more space - they've also removed the telephone & shelving from behind the counter.

This now opens a new question as to where the L shape of the Minute Mart actually goes - as before it was in the area now taken by the new room in the Launderette!
  • Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member

This now opens a new question as to where the L shape of the Minute Mart actually goes - as before it was in the area now taken by the new room in the Launderette!

The Minute Mart has always made little sense because in the L Shape there is a door that would lead straight into the Launderette anyway! I think its because The Minute Mart is a real set on the lot while the Launderette is in stage 1.

The biggest headache for me has always been The Queen Vic because the layout of the stairs downstairs and the landing upstairs never matched. I hope they redesign this with the new look.
  • QTC13QTC13 Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's not been explained as of yet - though no Beale's have been around to mention it - but still, it should be noted - maybe it will once Ian reappears

Anyone eagle eyed last night should have noticed a change to the Launderette set too....

When they removed the Vic set after the Fire, the other permanent sets in Stage One were moved around (first time in at least 15 years) and upgraded for HD - in doing so, the Launderette has had a complete makeover in the back office area - there is not a new room behind the two spin dryers, a fire exit & more space - they've also removed the telephone & shelving from behind the counter.

Ah thanks, thought I may have missed what was wrong with the Beales.

And do you know what, I DID think last night "how long has that little kitchen area been there. At first I thought it may be an outtake for one of the TV Blunders shows, you know, EASTENDERS set falls apart... :D:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Is that I'm sure the flat that Janine and Ryan live in used to be the one that Andy and Debbie lived in right back at the beginning of Eastenders..... and I'm sure that the door off to the right which is now a bedroom, used to be their kitchen!!

Or am I imagining things??!
  • ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member
    Is that I'm sure the flat that Janine and Ryan live in used to be the one that Andy and Debbie lived in right back at the beginning of Eastenders..... and I'm sure that the door off to the right which is now a bedroom, used to be their kitchen!!

Or am I imagining things??!

No you're right but got the house converted into flats after Debbie left. Has been ever since. After Pat lost the BnB her and Frank lived there for a while with a young Janine infact!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got a proper look at the new extended laundrette tonight:D
  • gareth0151gareth0151 Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    there is not a new room behind the two spin dryers, a fire exit & more space - they've also removed the telephone & shelving from behind the counter.

I have to admit I spotted the fire exit and the back room!!
  • kazzieconkazziecon Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Obviously the launderette and the minute mart have been turned into EE "tardis's" (or should that be Tardi?") :confused: We have seen different views of a lot of the "houses" recently!

Let's face it, most of the houses in Albert Square must be huge with the number of people living in there (ie Pat's, Patrick's, The Vic) This has been mentioned before, I know, so let's not go there again!! :D

I too am bemused as to why the Beales house has been boarded up - did it get damaged by the fire at the Vic? If so, how? As one poster said, nothing has been said as none of the Beales have been around!!! :rolleyes:

Sometimes, the continuity on EE leaves a lot to be desired ... but it is still my favourite TV soap!!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't they do this with the cafe as well? :confused: I'm sure when Nick blew it up last year, he escaped through a door at the back, but that had never been seen before. Or maybe I'm wrong. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gmc93 wrote: »
    Didn't they do this with the cafe as well? :confused: I'm sure when Nick blew it up last year, he escaped through a door at the back, but that had never been seen before. Or maybe I'm wrong. :D

Yes that's right - just remembered something else tho - wasn't there a door at the back next to the telephone that used to lead out onto the side alley? Maybe someone else can remember or correct me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QTC13 wrote: »
    Yes that's right - just remembered something else tho - wasn't there a door at the back next to the telephone that used to lead out onto the side alley? Maybe someone else can remember or correct me.

Yeah I remember that too. I can't remember seeing it since the fire though. :)
  • 12december198412december1984 Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pop_Art wrote: »
    The Minute Mart has always made little sense because in the L Shape there is a door that would lead straight into the Launderette anyway! I think its because The Minute Mart is a real set on the lot while the Launderette is in stage 1.

The biggest headache for me has always been The Queen Vic because the layout of the stairs downstairs and the landing upstairs never matched. I hope they redesign this with the new look.

The door in the Minute Mart leads to a storage area for cameras and lighting from what I remember seeing on a behind-the-scenes in the past.

But it does make you wonder why on Earth no one thought "we'll add a room onto the Launderette" and then thought "oh, we can't, it's where the Minute Mart stock room would be!"

I guess because the lot is on a reduced scale, it causes questions like these, had the set been built to full scale then it'd be much more likely that both rooms could exist without question?

And when the Queen Vic set was on Stage 1, am I right in thinking the back room to the Launderette used to lead in the Vic where the darts board was?
  • 12december198412december1984 Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QTC13 wrote: »

You are correct. This YouTube video when Grant leaves EastEnders quite clearly shows said door behind Jane's head.

I'm sure Kathy's Cafe gets bigger and bigger....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-3iCdy7LAg&feature=related
  • kazzieconkazziecon Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    The door at the back of the cafe used to be the entrance to the mini-cab office at the very start of the series back in 1985. Ali Osman (Oscabs) used to run it and the cafe with his wife, Sue.

I thought the door was still there but, tbh, haven't really taken that much notice. Is the phone still there??? :confused:

I always wondered why, with the number of refurbishments the cafe has had, they still have the same entrance with the wall around it? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,460
    Forum Member
    Maybe to prevent the draft and wind from the customers? We havnt seen any of the Beales for ages so we dont know as to why the Beales house has been reboarded.

Now i know all the sets are changing to HD sets which is why some sets are having a make over like the Vic, Launderette etc. But the Beales living room has recently had a make over so i figuired this was because of the HD sets?

Im guessing its purely boarded up because of the Vic fire.
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    The Launderette has always had that room it's just not been used for a long time.

I do wonder what excuse ian will use to explain the building work if it does get explained at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,460
    Forum Member
    We know the rooms always been there its just been altered thats all.