EE: Will Cindy be framed for Lucy's murder?

StubeStube Posts: 16,833
Forum Member
✭✭
We know someone is soon going to be wrongly arrested for the murder of Lucy and everyone assumes it will be Max since there's evidence putting him in the frame - plus he is leaving temporarily. But what if DTC throws a shock at us and it is Cindy who is framed by Ian and Jane? It may sound ludicrous at first but would it really be that out of character for either Ian or Jane considering their behaviour recently? It is also worth mentioning that Mimi is of the age where she may need a break in order to focus on her school work (I'm not sure whether she is still at school) since a lot of soap actors her age have breaks in order to focus on their studies. It'd also be a very dark and twisted development of an already dark and twisted storyline for the Beales. It'd also allow Cindy to eventually be released and show a more relentless and vengeful side just like her mother. Connected in both name and nature etc.

Comments

• NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooooh I quite like this idea!

I'd love for her to come back and be like "Amanda Clarke" from Revenge. :D
  • ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I want to happen. This could lead to Cindy becoming a major character in EE. The ramifications of this would be so extensive for the Beales.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There would be no going back for Ian and Jane as characters if this happened. Great idea though!
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    There would be no going back for Ian and Jane as characters if this happened. Great idea though!

That's true but I think there was no going back for them once it was revealed what Jane did to Lucy and how Ian instantly accepted it. Their characterisation would change but would that be such a bad thing? Phil has gone from being the softer Mitchell brother to getting his partner beaten up at The Albert, making her believe a stranger is her father and even suggesting framing Peter for the murder of his twin sister. That said, it would be very out of character even for Ian. But I wouldn't put it past Jane.
  • shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only reason I don't think this will happen is that she would, obviously, spill all about Bobby and although the police might believe she's deflecting, I don't think the show will have any suspicion by ~outsiders about the hell child for a long time. I think they are setting this Bobby storyline up as one that will run for years, not months and if that's the case, they need to keep him publicly innocent and no suspicion about him for a while yet.

I could be completely wrong, and I kinda hope I am because I think it would be fascinating to see them justify ruining Cindy's life to protect Bobby, but idk if it will happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only reason I don't think this will happen is that she would, obviously, spill all about Bobby and although the police might believe she's deflecting, I don't think the show will have any suspicion by ~outsiders about the hell child for a long time. I think they are setting this Bobby storyline up as one that will run for years, not months and if that's the case, they need to keep him publicly innocent and no suspicion about him for a while yet.

I could be completely wrong, and I kinda hope I am because I think it would be fascinating to see them justify ruining Cindy's life to protect Bobby, but idk if it will happen.

You actually raise a very valid point. I can certainly see this secret continuing up until Laurie Brett decides to leave the show (or another year or two at least). It'll be interesting to see what happens once the truth does come out. Will Cindy, Jane, Bobby and Ian all be arrested and charged? That'd be explosive if it ever did happen - a whole family facing prison. I'd assume Jane would just take the punishment for Cindy and Ian when it comes down to it - after all, she forced them into this mess.
  • Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know, with all of Cindy’s recent screechy histrionics, it wouldn't take a lot to convince the police that she's an unhinged psycho trying to pin their sister's murder on a young boy. And then for Bobby to put on his killing pyjamas to target the person he then believes committed his own crime.

Although I think a more likely scenario would be the social worker (who has already voiced concerns over Cindy possibly harming Beth) alerting the police to said perceived unhingedness and them using this as a basis to build a case against Cindy, leaving Ian and Jane once again to decide if another member of the family needs to be sacrificed to protect Bobby - with their desire to keep Beth now also in the mix.
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a real possibility IMO. I predicted that it'll either be Max or Cindy. It would certainly write out Jake Wood for his one year break from EE. But given the bombshell at the end of last night, it wouldn't surprise me if they let Cindy take the fall.
  • Louise_HammondLouise_Hammond Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    id rather Bobby boshed her with the music box
  • aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    I dont think she will be framed but I do think she will be arrested.
  • demented yoyodemented yoyo Posts: 4,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With his "she better not cause any trouble" remark last night it crossed my mind that Bobby could set Cindy up as the murderer with Ian & Jane backing him up. He might only be an 11 year old boy but there's just something about Bobby I don't trust.
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    They could set her up with the phone and purse that are still under the floorboards.
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would be a big twist.
  • Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would be interesting, but very, very twisted of Jane and Ian. We need to remember that Peter knows the truth too, and I can't see him letting his half sister go down for the crime when he knows that it was really his half brother.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,256
    Forum Member
    You know, with all of Cindy’s recent screechy histrionics, it wouldn't take a lot to convince the police that she's an unhinged psycho trying to pin their sister's murder on a young boy. And then for Bobby to put on his killing pyjamas to target the person he then believes committed his own crime.

Although I think a more likely scenario would be the social worker (who has already voiced concerns over Cindy possibly harming Beth) alerting the police to said perceived unhingedness and them using this as a basis to build a case against Cindy, leaving Ian and Jane once again to decide if another member of the family needs to be sacrificed to protect Bobby - with their desire to keep Beth now also in the mix.

Yes, I think that is more likely.

I can't see either Ian or Jane being bad enough to set out to frame her but how they'd react if she was falsely accused is harder to say. Jane I believe would sacrifice absolutely anyone to save Bobby (and herself so she can look after Bobby) but Ian would be more conflicted I suspect.

I do think that the Social Worker might jump to conclusions about Cindy's Anger Management issues.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    They could set her up with the phone and purse that are still under the floorboards.

Yes. Jane kept those for a reason.
  • dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't quite get my head around how anyone can be falsely imprisoned for long as neither Lauren or Peter would be happy to see anyone else go down for it, particularly if it's someone like Max, Cindy or Abi.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I really hope not, she doesn't deserve that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    That would be interesting, but very, very twisted of Jane and Ian. We need to remember that Peter knows the truth too, and I can't see him letting his half sister go down for the crime when he knows that it was really his half brother.

It'd be interesting if Cindy was framed for the murder (or wrongly accused) and when Lauren returns, she reveals the truth.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,256
    Forum Member
    dantay24uk wrote: »
    I can't quite get my head around how anyone can be falsely imprisoned for long as neither Lauren or Peter would be happy to see anyone else go down for it, particularly if it's someone like Max, Cindy or Abi.

That's assuming they'd find out. Are they in much contact with their families and depending on who is arrested, would they be told if they did ring?

If Ian and Jane are prepared to let somebody innocent go to Prison, they'd probably be at pains not to tell anybody that could clear them and implicate Bobby. So any info they get would most likely come from Max or Abi. Then they'll be the issue of whether it is too late in Lauren's pregnancy for her to fly although you'd think they could give a statement in NZ. It's still hearsay though, Peter didn't actually see anything, he's just going by Jane's confession and Lauren didn't even get that first hand. Didn't they burn Emma's notes so Lauren can't even produce those to 'prove' that it was somebody at the house.
  • idgwiatidgwiat Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Cindy could make enough 'noise' about it being Bobby and the police would contact Peter. He was against the conspiracy in the first instance and had to be talked into it. It was the main reason he went to Australia.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    That's true but I think there was no going back for them once it was revealed what Jane did to Lucy and how Ian instantly accepted it. Their characterisation would change but would that be such a bad thing? Phil has gone from being the softer Mitchell brother to getting his partner beaten up at The Albert, making her believe a stranger is her father and even suggesting framing Peter for the murder of his twin sister. That said, it would be very out of character even for Ian. But I wouldn't put it past Jane.

You make a fair point. Can't really disagree! :o

Wow, that would be some dark shizzle though! :o
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is nothing Jane wouldn't do. She's deranged. I would not put this past her.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this would be a great route to go down. No one would believe Cindy because of how irratic she has been over the Beth situation.
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Ian and Jane do.