Which musical artist has the worst fanbase?

teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
Forum Member
For me, it has to be Beyonce. I love her music and I'm sure she's a nice lady, but some of her fans can get so aggressive and arrogant over her successes that it makes me cringe. Whereas Lady Gaga fans can appreciate their artist's success, I never see them lambasting other acts. Beyonce's fans, however, seem to constantly viciously belittle Rihanna, Ciara, Keri Hilson etc like there's no tomorrow. There's a guy on YouTube called Makael who is a prime example of this.

NOTE: In no way am I, or anyone else who is posting on this thread, saying that all fans of X or Y are exactly the same and behave in the same way. Common sense decrees that these observations are mostly generalisations.

Comments

• Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Definately Lady GaGa fans. On these forums alone you get enough crazies to fill a wing in Bedlam.

Also, I agree with Beyonce fans, they're a bit wild sometimes, but that may just be the fact that I think she's completely over-rated.

And... Britney fans.:o Well, not as much as say, 6 years ago, but there's still a devout following of about 4 million people that will eat you if you express a negative opinion on Ms. Spears.

And how can I forget about The Saturdays!?:eek: I best leave that rock unturned!
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    I consider myself one of both, but Gaga and Britney fans are irritating. Some Gaga fans tend to be completely delusional and cheesily sycophantic and a little bit elitist, and some Brit stans are completely insufferable and use the success of her first era to dismiss any negativity thrown at her, and ignore the fact that she's not really been "on" for a while.

The worst is snobby Rock/Country/Metal fans who think anything outside their genre of choice is beneath them and not "real" music. I'm pretty sure they're only trying to make up for their lack of personality though, so it's not too hard to ignore.
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justin Bieber
    Lady GaGa
    Britney Spears
    Madonna
    Michael Jackson
    JLS
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyonce fans offend me! i mean i respect the woman herself! but her music may not be to my personal taste because i find it all samey and her fans just are delusional to any other artist with strong vocal ability or in similar genre. The hate towards Xtina, Rihanna etc. is just disgusting!

Gaga fans (Monsters) are the biggest reason why i can't get myself 'into' Gaga's music (that and i personally find ehr music repetetive). They're agressive and pit her against icons when there's no need. Credit where it's due of course but please the comparisons are stupid! , DONT compare with Britney, DONT compare with Xtina, DONT compare with Bjork, DONT compare with Grace Jones, DONT compare to Gwen Stefani and DEEEFINATELY DONT compare to Madonna! DELUSIONAL! :mad:

Saturdays/Sugababes and Girls Aloud fans are always out to attack (usually against each other) and 'create rifts' really unnecessary.
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Beyonce fans offend me! i mean i respect the woman herself! but her music may not be to my personal taste because i find it all samey and her fans just are delusional to any other artist with strong vocal ability or in similar genre. The hate towards Xtina, Rihanna etc. is just disgusting!

Gaga fans (Monsters) are the biggest reason why i can't get myself 'into' Gaga's music (that and i personally find ehr music repetetive). They're agressive and pit her against icons when there's no need. Credit where it's due of course but please the comparisons are stupid! , DONT compare with Britney, DONT compare with Xtina, DONT compare with Bjork, DONT compare with Grace Jones, DONT compare to Gwen Stefani and DEEEFINATELY DONT compare to Madonna! DELUSIONAL! :mad:

Saturdays/Sugababes and Girls Aloud fans are always out to attack (usually against each other) and 'create rifts' really unnecessary.

Ladies, gentlemen and hermaphrodites, Josh is proof that all Madonna fans are the sanest of the bunch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ladies, gentlemen and hermaphrodites, Josh is proof that all Madonna fans are the sanest of the bunch.

no i am insane in the membrane ;)

but then again...who is normal??
  • ThinWhitePukeThinWhitePuke Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Cher Lloyd without question, reading the X Factor forum she seemed to have almost a David Koresh hold over her followers it really was scary
  • smashboxsmashbox Posts: 4,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina Stans are the worst!! I don't really find Beyonce fans "bad" I am a fan but only see other fans post here about her and they don't seem too bad.
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,513
    Forum Member
    I'm a Beyoncé fan and I don't think we are that bad. What is wrong with us being happy that she is talented and successful? She's underrated if anything. People don't acknowledge how talented she is. They just keep going on about the ''booty-shaking'' which is silly since it was in a one video.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Justin Bieber fans. They threatened to kill Kim Kardashian because her & Bieber pretended to go on a date or something.

And they mocked Lily Allen when she had her miscarriage because she insulted Justin Bieber.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Britney, no contest.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    I don't think Monsters are that bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Some of the Beyonce fans are pretty bad, but on the other hand some of them are perfectly nice!
    The Justin Bieber fans are crazy obessive about him, it's actually weird. Even though I'm a fan of MJ, some of the fans are totally deluded, and a little bit scary. :o
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I'm a Bey fan and I don't think were that bad either. I see a lot of hate for Beyoncé on certain sites so I understand why they get angry.

There was one point where it was annoying when some Lady GaGa stans would label anyone who wore something 'different' as trying to copy her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oasis fans.

Going to an Oasis gig was more dangerous than bungee jumping with lead weights strapped to your back. And only slightly less painfull.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

Do they? There are loads of Saturdays fans at my university and I don't think they get angry at Sugababes or GA fans (and they know I'm also a Sugababes fan). Maybe it depends on the people?

Anyway I agree about Beiber's fanbase being one of the worst.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definately Lady GaGa fans. On these forums alone you get enough crazies to fill a wing in Bedlam.

Also, I agree with Beyonce fans, they're a bit wild sometimes, but that may just be the fact that I think she's completely over-rated.

And... Britney fans.:o Well, not as much as say, 6 years ago, but there's still a devout following of about 4 million people that will eat you if you express a negative opinion on Ms. Spears.

And how can I forget about The Saturdays!?:eek: I best leave that rock unturned!

worst fanbase?

oh dear, oh dear.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two words - LEONA LEWIS!

A lot of (not all!!) Leona fans seriously can't handle it if you comment that you don't like her voice. Then you get a herd of them slagging you off for having an opinion. Many of her fans are ridiculous.
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Perhaps that happened a lot at first, but most of them seem to have calmed down since then. I mean, when was the last time someone said any of those things on this forum? Sure, there are many elsewhere, but they really aren't any worse than any other big popstar's fans - most people just don't want to believe it. Lady G herself is far worse than her fans when it comes to doing and saying silly things. Oh and I HATE the 'little monsters' thing she goes on about.

I think people just love taking it out on her fans to give themselves another stick to bash her with.

And with you seemingly being a hardcore, protective Madonna fan, of course you're inclined to dislike Gaga.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kutox wrote: »
    Perhaps that happened a lot at first, but most of them seem to have calmed down since then. I mean, when was the last time someone said any of those things on this forum? Sure, there are many elsewhere, but they really aren't any worse than any other big popstar's fans - most people just don't want to believe it. Lady G herself is far worse than her fans when it comes to doing and saying silly things. Oh and I HATE the 'little monsters' thing she goes on about.

I think people just love taking it out on her fans to give themselves another stick to bash her with.

And with you seemingly being a hardcore, protective Madonna fan, of course you're inclined to dislike Gaga.

the comparisons to other artists are EVERYWHERE! and it's something that really pisses me off.

and i am not against Gaga! as i too bought The Fame WAAAY back in Jan '09 but it hasn't stuck with me since but that's MY view. and the comparisons are stupid considering she's just started! GRRRRRRRR :mad:

and i am not 'protective' of Madonna, she is a truely inspiring artist, she's got me through shitty times and inspired me in so many ways...that is all!

am i interested in how Gaga wil develop.....YES....will i buy Born This Way....MAYBE...do i find her overrated/.....TOTALLY....do i like the little monsters thing.....NO!

simples
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Can I just throw out Xtina fans? I like her myself, but Bionic was sub-par, but the amount of attack you got for suggesting it was anything other than amazing was crazy.

And 1st/2nd/3rd generation Sugababes fans who won't accept the new lineup. They're pretty annoying too.
  • Cake_NibblerCake_Nibbler Posts: 6,564
    Forum Member
    Lady Gaga for definite.

I actually think Gaga is brilliant, amazing pop songs but by god do her fans put me a bit off her.

Utterly obsessed, massively attack anyone they see as competition and delusional in that they state she's completely origianal and they're utter hypocrites.

Example:

Christina Aguilera's Not Myself Tonight video. The ignorant stupid fans attacked her loads saying she's just copying Gaga. Some Christona fan points out she looks hot unlike Gaga. Gaga fans then reply Gaga isn't about sex appeal but orginality.

Some one the points out all gaga has done is rip off Madonna. Same fan then replies that Madonna's old 9v childish) and that gaga is hotter than Madonna :rolleyes:

I also hate the 'Little Monsters' thing - just vile.
    It's for sad obsessive people who have no idenity of their own and have the weird persona.
    It's just sickening.

In short:

I LOATHE mad Gaga fans. Anyone referring to themself as a little monster or spouting her quotes thinking they're so deep should be shot. :mad:
    But I do love Gaga and think she's makes Brilliant pop records :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Gaga's fanbase is really no worse than the others are.

On here, for instance, I can't even remember the last time I read an utterly clueless Gaga-devoting post. More often than not it's militant non-fans making the ridiculous contributions.

I guess the misconception is in place because she's currently got the most active fan base and within that, you always have a slightly...unhinged...minority who make the most noise.

Going back to here, the regular Gaga fan posters are all pretty sensible with very minimal drama unless provoked by mindless "hating".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has to be the Bieber fans for me. It's just that most of them are like "omg bbz y u sayin bout him? he ain't a girl cuz he is peng xxx" :angry: I'm not a stereotyical Little Monster (I don't think so anyway)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭