Options

Oh dear............Corrie's been incredible lately but

Moody BlueMoody Blue Posts: 5,686
Forum Member
why oh why did they ruin it all by bringing Tracy back?

Honestly, I'm sure they are in for a much deserved award............but EE has stolen the Christmas crown and I so wanted it to be Corrie :(

Comments

• Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's time for a Tracy Barlow sub-forum... :eek:
  • Options
    Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    As an EE fan who rarely ever watches Corrie, I can say honestly that I the xmas episodes were good but Corrie still deserves the award more for actually just having such a good return to form and their 50th anniversary was fantastic. I'd vote Coronation Street as best soap and I don't even watch it.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, good idea. The baby swap s/l in EE could use one as well.
  • Options
    RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE has just been through a bad patch, both soaps are brilliant.

Tbf, Corrie never has a BIG christmas episode whilst EE does.
  • Options
    polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moody Blue wrote: »

Honestly, I'm sure they are in for a much deserved award............but EE has stolen the Christmas crown and I so wanted it to be Corrie :(

i wasn't keen on tracey's entrance but i'm sure they'll get bored of her again soon!
  • Options
    RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moody Blue wrote: »

Couldn't agree with you more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tuned back in for the tram crash, and I was really enjoying it again, but since Tracy came back I've completely turned off.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP, I share your pain!

Get her off! Boo! Hiss!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thankfully she's only on a six month contract, hopefulyl he'll get rid of her.
  • Options
    Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thankfully she's only on a six month contract, hopefulyl he'll get rid of her.
    Let's hope so. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Tegan JovankaTegan Jovanka Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually enjoying her winding up the other street residents (and posters on here eh,he:D). Hope she stays. Some of the anti Barlow/Ford posts have been way over the top. Hopefully these will be the only things dissappearing
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the anti Barlow/Ford posts have been way over the top. Hopefully these will be the only things dissappearing.

Agreed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    I find the whole 'nasty' thing totally OTT & unbelievable.

I know it's a soap, but I find it very 'same old' with the Tracy storylines.

Shame - because up until her return, Corrie was going through a very strong patch. I suppose they needed a new focus whilst the street gets rebuilt !
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I said this a week ago
  • Options
    jaayjaay Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Im actually loving having Tracy back. Long may she cause chaos.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am loving having Tracy back. I disliked her return on Christmas Eve but felt she has picked up after that. I am looking forward to more.
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dip in and out of Corrie, her acting is pretty ropey, I remember her being a much better actress.
  • Options
    Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like the fact they've dropped the ball with the excellent tram week aftermath to focus on this garbage.
  • Options
    randomocityrandomocity Posts: 2,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tracy never used to get so much hate. I can't help but feel that people are just jumping on a bandwagon to "fit in" with the cool kids.
  • Options
    hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a rubbish character played by a bad actress.

All pantomime and no depth.

If it had been reality, every woman in that street would have punched her by now. She's got a big mouth with nothing to back it up.

(It's also a ridiculous notion that she'd be bailed and allowed to take custody of her daughter again.)
  • Options
    georgeshairgeorgeshair Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tracy never used to get so much hate. I can't help but feel that people are just jumping on a bandwagon to "fit in" with the cool kids.

I'm not. I genuinely don't like her. She comes across as a pantomime villain, with no positive qualities at all.
  • Options
    mdtaukmdtauk Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stopped watching Corrie since Tracy did that creepy dance and killed Charlie. I watched the tram crash, and the live episode, and watching tonight with Tracy back, it doesn't feel like she has been gone for long.

Never liked her, and now she is back, she is a poor comparison against Charlie Brooks as Janine in EastEnders, she can't act, and doesnt have the fragility or vulnerability of Janine which can make her more three dimensional, and allows you some sympathy for the character.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member

People can come to the same conclusion independently, you know; just because a lot of people agree, it doesn't mean they're following each other.

Tracy-Luv's a dire character. I keep trying to watch Corrie, but she makes me switch off every time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    Kate is a very good actress and is a welcome CS returnee.

I tend to think that EE has just become the 'favoured' soap of the 'cool' Indie kid' gang and the Beeb ruthlessly play on this.
  • Options
    Frankie_boyFrankie_boy Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Kate is a very good actress and is a welcome CS returnee.

I tend to think that EE has just become the 'favoured' soap of the 'cool' Indie kid' gang and the Beeb ruthlessly play on this.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here or its merits in this thread? :confused: