Options

GaGa asks why no one mentions Adele's weight.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
Forum Member
http://www.stylist.co.uk/beauty/the-passion-of-lady-gaga
She added: "I thought, well I don't really care if they think I'm fat, because, quite honestly, I did gain about 30 pounds.

"Adele is bigger than me, how come nobody says anything about it?"

Comments

• Options
    Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because of political correctness. See also Alison Moyet. People think it, but no one dares to say it.

The only reason why I'm mentioning it now is because I'm having weight issues too. Trouble is I'm not a great singer ....
    :o;)

Anyway does it matter? We're not talking Pavarotti-girth here...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    Maybe because she is known for her talent and not prancing around the stage in her knickers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they do. All the time. They call her the plump singer, robust singer, and any other word they can think of without saying fat. On entertainment shows when they talk about fashion they say that she knows how to dress for a bigger girl and that full figured women should take notes from her. When she lost a bit of weight, they commented on that as well. Adele is no stranger to weight criticism. They all get it. When Jessie J first came out there were rumors that she was pregnant because, though she is a skinny girl, she had a chubby face. Then they said she was too skinny. Rihanna has had it, Beyonce has for years, all women in the industry do. Remember the Tyra Banks fiasco a few years ago?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »

you have to admit that arbys one made you chuckle. so wrong, but that was kind of funny.
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah - so the anti-bullying Lady Gaga wouldn't mind people criticising Adele's weight?

Interesting.
  • Options
    gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because she is very glamorous and is talented. Pauline Quirke holds her weght(ie: cream cakesl burgers; crisps, coca-cola, curries, McVities biscuits, Mars bars, Twix etc etc)
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    What? I've seen loads of stuff over the years taking the p*** out of Adele's weight. They comment when she loses it, they comment when she puts it on. It's the same with a lot of celeb's they can't win either way.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because her image comes second to the music...
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bullseye.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is sort of an own goal by Gaga given some of the vile things her little monsters say about Adele, Christina and Nicki Minaj's weight.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The media has mentioned Adeles weight many times..
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

^^^
    This!
  • Options
    GreenJellyJamGreenJellyJam Posts: 1,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She obviously does care about it, but hey it's keeping her in the news, that's what she wants.

And everyone mention's Adele's weight.
  • Options
    LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny, I rarely read an article where it isn't mentioned
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was at Lady Ga ga 's live concert in Dublin and she is not actually overweight. She sang and danced her way through her whole show, is super fit and was excellent. She is a great singer and dancer and in her own genre as good as Adele.Perhaps she feels unfairly picked on.

Why do it to people including Adele. Both these artists are talented and their weight is immaterial.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaga's fans are always insulting Adele for her weight. Not all, but the majority of those on Twitter do.
  • Options
    BBKateBBKate Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Like others have said adeles voice speaks for it's self . Lady gaga alway's want some kind of Image.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    quasimoron wrote: »
    I was at Lady Ga ga 's live concert in Dublin and she is not actually overweight. She sang and danced her way through her whole show, is super fit and was excellent. She is a great singer and dancer and in her own genre as good as Adele.Perhaps she feels unfairly picked on.

Why do it to people including Adele. Both these artists are talented and their weight is immaterial.

Not that it matters but I suppose if you wear as little as GaGa does on stage then unless you've got 0% fat/a Victoria's Secret model's body you're gonna look "overweight". A thong isn't very forgiving on the figure.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    Ah - so the anti-bullying Lady Gaga wouldn't mind people criticising Adele's weight?

Interesting.

She's probably just puzzled why her weight is targeted and not Adele's, that's all.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    She's probably just puzzled why her weight is targeted and not Adele's, that's all.

Adele's weight is targeted. All the bloody time. Much more than the likes of Gaga.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Adele's weight is targeted. All the bloody time. Much more than the likes of Gaga.

I was just going by what Lady Gaga said.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Adele's weight has been a point for comment since her career started.

Gaga is obviously oblivious to it.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    All I ever read on Adele vids on youtube is people calling her a whale with a million likes etc
  • Options
    BZRBZR Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why feel the need to point out Adeles bigger? Seems abit bitchy to me.