Options

Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• Options
    jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    I think that's a strange thing to assess (Mr Flique) I reckon he was only joking though :D
    I think they just know how to have a good time, are acquitting themselves very well and not taking it too seriously. Besides I doubt very much they'd be thrilled with the plaque and secondly I imagine that quality is probably more a priority for their guests than 'value for money' ... which is not to say that it couldn't or isn't going to be judged great value, just that their guests are normally less likely to have that as top criteria.

Guernsey, I well remember the converted prison and the debacle with claustrophobia - have to say that did seem a complete set up...much like all the cooing and lovey dovery remarks this week, which are getting on my nerves - I reckon someone's going to be cringing seeing the edited footage.

It's awful and doesn't 'go' with anything (except perhaps Wizard's Thatch who are eclectic in the extreme).

All that I-like-to-gaze-into-his-eyes- over-breakfast. :p
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,704
    Forum Member
    If anyone's bored enough, or interested enough to look, here's a few links - some are a couple of years old though

BBC article about hotels worldwide

Visit Britain - Quality Assessment for hotels, guest houses, camp sites etc.

AA Categories with links on the right hand side to explain the awards they grant.

An owners experiences - chosen at random from Google results - I've never heard of this place before. Part Two from their news.

Jam, I agree. Why is it that the token 'prize' or trophy for shows like this is always so naff? :confused:
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    I think the posh lady was the spitting image of Kim Woodburn with her hair scraped back (She'll love me for that ;) ) I absolutely adore her and her husband though and would happily pay £210 just to spend an evening seeing how the other half live :P lol I don't like the fact that the bald guy got very defensive, surely he knows that sort of accommodation is naturally divisive, even if it is good value, it looks like The Situation will overpay massively looking at how much they put in that envelope-Although the picky blond woman is getting right on my wick as well (Really sorry but I'm terrible with the names)

BIB LOL!

I think she's a bit like Clare Balding.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrea comes across as far too desperate to do well on the show and to get married! Though I heard that there is a proposal on the way. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recall seeing on the Hotel Inspector series a hotel called 'Sparkles' in Blackpool (?) run by a very creepy looking lady., it was full of toys and aimed at kids. Has gone out of business now it appears but it would have been interesting seeing her establishment on 4 in a Bed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recall seeing on the Hotel Inspector series a hotel called 'Sparkles' in Blackpool (?) run by a very creepy looking lady., it was full of toys and aimed at kids. Has gone out of business now it appears but it would have been interesting seeing her establishment on 4 in a Bed.

Yes! She could have been on with Mrs Tee and Eileen and the woman from The Hotel Inspector who thought she was running a museum! :eek::D

Alternatively, the could get Alex to inspect Mrs Tee's and Eileen's B&Bs. :eek:
  • Options
    MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my vivid imagination Mrs Tee has a secret room in a basement with a stove on which several saucepans bubble away with human heads in them....."vill you com downstairs vith me for just a liddle moment und see my mushrooms...?":cool:

Eileen is definitely a cat person though her martial arts skills were rubbish and I suspect those men in that show were going along with the gag to make her look dangerous...;)
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my vivid imagination Mrs Tee has a secret room in a basement with a stove on which several saucepans bubble away with human heads in them....."vill you com downstairs vith me for just a liddle moment und see my mushrooms...?":cool:

Eileen is definitely a cat person though her martial arts skills were rubbish and I suspect those men in that show were going along with the gag to make her look dangerous...;)

Mrs Tee has two dead husbands if I remember rightly.

I think the first one died after eating some mushrooms.

I think the second on died after falling down a flight of stairs (because he refused to eat the mushrooms....).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Tonights hotel has good reviews on Trip Advisor - should be interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening.

Is this one going to be the corking ep of the week?

Am intrigued to know why you'd name your rooms after detectives?
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, dear. Hastings. Has a bit of a reputation for being a sh**hole.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love mini golf, but not in the pissing rain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every seaside resort seems to have a pirate-themed mini-golf course on the sea front these days.
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »

In defense of poor old Hastings - it has really improved over the past decade or so. And the Old Town is really nice. I've got friends who have a B&B in Hastings Old Town (though they've thus far declined my suggestions to take part in the programme), and it's a charming place.

Agreed though - bits of Hastings are still rough as a***holes (and its burnt-out pier doesn't help its image!).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    divingbboy wrote: »

Hastings is between 30 and 40 minutes from us, but we've only been about three times in 12 years.

The old fishing huts are quaint to see and a couple of atmospheric streets in the old part of the town, but I keep seeing regeneration mentioned and it seems a very long time in coming.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gboy wrote: »

Agreed though - bits of Hastings are still rough as a***holes (and its burnt-out pier doesn't help its image!).

Not been there myself, but I know it had a huge problem with antisocial behaviour, problem families, etc. From what I can tell, it very much got used as a dumping ground for problem families from other parts of the country.
  • Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    She's crying.

After what she has said and how she game played about others.

Hypocrite.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noooooo....She let the beans loose on the plate. :(
  • Options
    ms2608ms2608 Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crying because she forgot to put sugar on the table - rather OTT in my opinion!
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This woman is annoying

Totally on the edge of insanity lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DamienS wrote: »
    This woman is annoying

Indeed.

No wonder he does not want to marry her !!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's bonkers and, actually, the boys are right about a couple of things IMO.
  • Options
    PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    "We deserve to win" ..........................before you've even seen the last B&B?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pedro wrote: »
    "We deserve to win" ..........................before you've even seen the last B&B?

They do not have a bad b&b but, quite frankly, I would rather stay in the first and second over theirs.

She was really harsh, too harsh, against last nights b&b and got some back. Serves her right for game playing.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,626
    Forum Member
    DamienS wrote: »
    This woman is annoying

So emotional! :eek: Would put me off from staying there, no matter how clean it is - and I disagree with the boys there - you can't be 'too clean'. But as we say on a regular basis - it's the owners who ultimately 'sell' the place.
This discussion has been closed.