What is the best Four in a Bed week?

2»

Comments

• SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't remember which series but I liked the one with the German lady who got loads of grief because she was so firm.

Mrs Tee, Series 2?

I've watched that week a couple of times but I never realised until now that her name was actually Mrs Tee! I'd presumed that her surname was something which everyone found too difficult to pronounce, so they just called her "Mrs T" for short.

Her place has got some awful reviews on Tripadvisor!
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fiveinabed wrote: »
    Sorry, been offline for a while and couldn't find the latest 4IAB forum, but.... have just switched on the telly and TONIGHT IS RAJ NIGHT!
    Happening now on More 4 (Channel 14)

There must be someone out there who knows why Raj disappeared so suddenly the show? Come on .. do share .. please;-)
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, been offline for a while and couldn't find the latest 4IAB forum, but.... have just switched on the telly and TONIGHT IS RAJ NIGHT!
    Happening now on More 4 (Channel 14)

If only he'd stayed to the end, it could have been a classic. I reckon he realised he wasn't going to win so couldn't take the feedback!
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If only he'd stayed to the end, it could have been a classic. I reckon he realised he wasn't going to win so couldn't take the feedback!

He was kicked off the show because he was arrested.
  • bmac1072bmac1072 Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    When does the new series start , had enough of come dine , need my FIAB fix 😀
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Talking of strange, do you remember Moaps Farm, Sussex (Series 5, episode 42) where Lesley put two men in her own room which was reached by a ladder and she crept up to the mezzanine/loft room above and slept there :D

She gave them a glass of bubbly at breakfast but they all had to muck in to cook and get food on the table.

Bit of a bump - but I loved that week! A real mix of characters. Lesley and les were both likeably quirky. Most of them were in fact.
  • Paul_PPaul_P Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    There was one week where there was a really blunt Scottish bloke and a really posh English lady, they didn't really appear to get on, but they always looked like they were ready to tear each others clothes off and get jiggy within seconds.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Mrs Tee, Series 2?

I've watched that week a couple of times but I never realised until now that her name was actually Mrs Tee! I'd presumed that her surname was something which everyone found too difficult to pronounce, so they just called her "Mrs T" for short.

Her place has got some awful reviews on Tripadvisor!

Mrs Tee was on yesterday - such a rude woman, hiding it behind being "blunt and honest". The reviews of her place are hilarious.
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The normal 3 and 4 in a Bed threads seem to have vanished? :confused:

Anyway, it seems there's a brand new episode on C4 tomorrow. I say seems as my onscreen TV guide says it's new, but my papers TV guide says it's a repeat. C4's on line listings guide doesn't have it as a repeat, so I guess we'll see. I can't see it getting as many regular viewers as normal though as its been relegated somewhat in the schedule, it's on 1.05pm. >:(

Tomorrow's places are...
    Stoodley Hunting Lodge in Todmorden, the Inner Guidance Holistic Retreat Centre in Lavenham and Coastal Valley Camp and Crafts in Newquay.

http://todfolkfest.co.uk/content/stoodley-hunting-lodge-bed-and-breakfast
    http://innerguidance.co.uk/retreats/
    http://www.coastalvalley.co.uk/

None of which sound or look via a quick google familiar to me.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Anyway, it seems there's a brand new episode on C4 tomorrow. I say seems as my onscreen TV guide says it's new, but my papers TV guide says it's a repeat. C4's on line listings guide doesn't have it as a repeat, so I guess we'll see. .
    This is the TV Guide's description - they have it down as a repeat too...

The first visit this week is to the five-star Stoodley Hunting Lodge in Todmorden, West Yorkshire - home of David Winfield, who used to own a chain of sex shops. David's luxury rooms even boast a supply of condoms - a far cry from what's offered by his first rivals, Jo and Dominic De Rosa. At the Inner Guidance Retreat Centre in Lavenham, Suffolk, yoga and detox are the order of the day. The final competitors are Tanya and Andy Bellamy, who recently set up Coastal Valley Camp & Crafts in Newquay, Cornwall, offering glamping and willow weaving. The contest features meat-free, gluten-free and sugar-free dining, talk of sex toys, and a crafty afternoon sewing reusable shopping bags

Doesn't sound familiar to me but I didn't see all the 'new' hour long episodes of 3iaB so it's perfectly possible that I just missed it first time around.
  • MadBettyMadBetty Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Julian from the Shelley Guest House on one of those holiday airport shows a few weeks back. Wife Anna Marie had returned to Poland 'to study' and they now have two young children. Julian was by himself in Spain with the baby and toddler and from what I gleened he was trying to persuade Anna Marie to return...odd. Did anyone else see this show? because I tuned in towards the end and am wondering if they had split up.
  • Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The week with the crazy German Mrs Tee who could never sleep :D
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there going to be a new series soon?
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we're amalgamating 3IAB and 4IAB, my first thoughts are:

NICE PEOPLE
    Butterfly Dave on the IOW
    The Little Gloster on the IOW
    G! Boutique in Portsmouth

WEIRD PEOPLE
    Mrs. Tee the Mushroom Collector in the New Forest
    Galia at Slimmeria in Sussex
    Gordon and Blossom in Dovercourt in Essex

NASTY PEOPLE
    Jean Broke-Smith in Holland Park London
    Katie and Mr. Katie at Happy Donkey Hill in Wales
    but way out in front has to be...
    Lizzie Middlemiss of 1 Sallyport in Berwick-On-Tweed

I loved Mrs Tee's week.
    Katie from the Happy Donkey, really is that unpleasant in real life. She used to own an animal rescue centre near where I lived and she would come into the pub I worked in at that time and was truly vile.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Ewwww. :o (Shivers) :o The one with the room like a funeral parlour? She was a nasty piece of work and ended up making a complete fool of herself.

That Rowena was woman who insisted on period garb was a pain.

http://www.middlewichguardian.co.uk/news/9602962.Four_in_a_Bed_winner_Rowena_Moore_opens_up_her_Edwardian_world_to_TV_viewers/

http://sharetv.com/shows/four_in_a_bed_uk/season_3
    Yeah I agree :o:confused:
  • MadBettyMadBetty Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lynn and Ziggy, Eden Lodge, Series 2:

I deeply disliked Lynn and Ziggy of Eden Lodge in Falmouth (same episode as Charlotte Church's parents). Outright cheats and owners of a complete dump of a place. Every time I see that episode I dislike them even more. I thought her 'scattiness' was not at all endearing but irritating and sly. I am of the opinion that if they are that dishonest on a TV show enough to drag it out over the course of a week they'd be as dishonest in their own lives and dealings. Frankly I'd not trust them with a penny of my money or with my credit card details for a booking. Ghastly, awful pair and they deserved to lose.

Paul, Silverwood Lodge and Sue, Seashells Guesthouse, Series 2

Really disliked both these people for the nasty, vindictive way they ganged up on the American lady Nancy because she had the gall to criticise the lack of hot water in Paul's place and for questioning Sue's dog and smoking policy in her place. Paul even called Nancy a liar to her face during the dinner which would have earned him the pleasure of a drink thrown in his face had it been me! both were sour-faced when they went to stay at Nancy's lovely Old Courthouse establishment and went all out to find fault when there was no fault to be found. I thought Nancy left them in the dust for graciousness and good manners showing them both to be the petty, spiteful people they were.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    MadBetty wrote: »
    I saw Julian from the Shelley Guest House on one of those holiday airport shows a few weeks back. Wife Anna Marie had returned to Poland 'to study' and they now have two young children. Julian was by himself in Spain with the baby and toddler and from what I gleened he was trying to persuade Anna Marie to return...odd. Did anyone else see this show? because I tuned in towards the end and am wondering if they had split up.
    Hello Mad Betty, I just wanted to say that we definitely have not split up. Anna Maria was away throughout last year as an exchange student in Salamanca (Spain) as part of her course and “Holiday Airport” was supposed to follow our travels between the Uk and Spain. Television always likes to create a little bit of drama and suspense. As it happens our 2nd child was born in Spain due to the fact that Anna Maria was unable to return home due to complications with her pregnancy. Since “Four in a Bed” we have been incredibly busy. We have been inundated with requests form viewers as to where one can purchase those awful onesies....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Hello Mad Betty, I just wanted to say that we definitely have not split up. Anna Maria was away throughout last year as an exchange student in Salamanca (Spain) as part of her course and “Holiday Airport” was supposed to follow our travels between the Uk and Spain. Television always likes to create a little bit of drama and suspense. As it happens our 2nd child was born in Spain due to the fact that Anna Maria was unable to return home due to complications with her pregnancy. Since “Four in a Bed” we have been incredibly busy. We have been inundated with requests form viewers as to where one can purchase those awful onesies....

www.shelleyguesthouse.co.uk
  • Gaheris MagusGaheris Magus Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Jean Broke-Smith in Holland Park LondonKatie and Mr. Katie at Happy Donkey Hill in Wales

I found Mrs Happy Donkey Hill to be most obnoxious. Although I suppose her feud with Tony and Dawn-Ann (who I thought seemed very nice) made entertaining viewing.
  • george curtisgeorge curtis Posts: 387
    Forum Member

He was kicked off the show because he was arrested.

Not true