So who is going tonight???

124»

Comments

• Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the judges will score ridiculously high tonight and will be voting tactically, Lisa will get 4 x 10s to try and save her from the bottom 2. Rachel will score high and come in second, Christine will be put to the bottom, Austin next then Tom. The judges will hope it is a Tom/Christine dance off. Christine will go in that case.
    However

More likely it will be a Lisa/Tom dance off. I can't wait:):)
  • Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christa wrote: »
    Should be Christine, much as I like her. But I think the dance off will be Lisa + Rachel or Lisa + Tom.

From what I've seen on here Lisa just does not have support from women. Call it the long-legs-Clooney factor. ;)

By rights I'd like to see any of Lisa, Rachel, Tom & Austin in the final.

I don't think it is because Rachel is far younger and more attractive. Alesha was very popular last year who is also long legged and much more attractive. I think it is to do with Lisa's personality or lack of one. She is fake, cold and does not show real emotion only screwed up facial expressions.:rolleyes:
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why people keep saying it's not a dance contest when that's exactly what it is. A dance contest with celebs. I don't understand the chavvy obsession with "personality", I'm here for the dancing.

This British obsession with non-competition & suppporting the underdog - ie the crappest - bores me to death.

Don't think it's to do with non-competition. Sure this is a dance contest to an extent. Couples go out and dance, get marked for it and at the end someone is declared the winner and gets a cheesy trophy.

What is isn't is a serious dance competition. It can't be.
    The celebs are all shapes, ages, fitness and experience.

They're all doing different dances so there can be no direct comparison.

Three of the judges aren't technically qualified to give a true expert opinion.

Most of the public aren't experts at all so will vote for what pleases them aesthetically.

The camerawork doesn't give a true enough picture of the dances even for those members of the public who do have technical knowledge.

Watching this show and hoping to see a proper competition focusing merely on the dancing will only lead to frustration and disappointment.
  • ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it is because Rachel is far younger and more attractive. Alesha was very popular last year who is also long legged and much more attractive. I think it is to do with Lisa's personality or lack of one. She is fake, cold and does not show real emotion only screwed up facial expressions.:rolleyes:
    Alesha was from a humble background, had just split up with her husband & got dropped by her record label. If she'd lived in Hollywood & gone out with George Clooney she'd have had a much tougher time. ;)

What you say about Lisa says more about you than her. To me she comes across as warm, enthusiastic & bubbly. But then you're obviously one of those people who believes they can tell what a person's "really like" through the telly... :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't think it's to do with non-competition. Sure this is a dance contest to an extent. Couples go out and dance, get marked for it and at the end someone is declared the winner and gets a cheesy trophy.

What is isn't is a serious dance competition. It can't be.
    The celebs are all shapes, ages, fitness and experience.

They're all doing different dances so there can be no direct comparison.

Three of the judges aren't technically qualified to give a true expert opinion.

Most of the public aren't experts at all so will vote for what pleases them aesthetically.

The camerawork doesn't give a true enough picture of the dances even for those members of the public who do have technical knowledge.

Watching this show and hoping to see a proper competition focusing merely on the dancing will only lead to frustration and disappointment.
    It's not a really serious professional dance contest, but it's an amateur contest nonetheless.

I don't find it disappointing - the only year the best dancer didn't win was Darren Gough as I've already said. Then the BBC changed the rules to make sure that didn't happen again.

I get irritated when good dancers go too early as the case of Zoe & Louisa Lytton. But then viewers who watch it to become "fans" of people get annoyed when their favourite goes - viz John & Gethin last year. The uproar on here when Gethin didn't make the final was hilarious - he wasn't that great a dancer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, you don't. The judges don't mark personality, & the best dancer wins, except in the case of Darren Gough. The underdog only made it to the final in the very first series. ;)

yea, but they judges only have 50% of the over all score.
    The public have the other 50% and if they vote for the entertainment of the dance....they are entitled too.

Its not a dancing competition, its a light entertainment show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Christine chould go based on tonight
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,007
    Forum Member
    It really should be Christine, but I fear for Tom :(
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Lisa judges 5 public 1 = 6
    Austin 4 " 4 = 8
    Rachel 3 " 2 = 5
    Tom 2 " 5 = 7
    Christin 1 " 3 = 4

Dance off Rachel and Christine...

only guessing public votes btw :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it should be Christine but I'm worried it might be Rachel. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Tom gets more votes then Christine shes in the dance off if he doesnt she is.
    I think she'll get more votes. Im relaly warming to Tom though so will be a bit guted.
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    Tissy wrote: »
    Lisa judges 5 public 1 = 6
    Austin 4 " 4 = 8
    Rachel 3 " 2 = 5
    Tom 2 " 5 = 7
    Christin 1 " 3 = 4

Dance off Rachel and Christine...

only guessing public votes btw :)

I think it will be a Rachel v Tom dance off
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Der Chef :D

I think tonight there was a bit of tactical voting by the judges to make sure Christine goes:p

It didnt quite work but almost did i.e getting the guys in 3rd and 4th that is ;);)

Ohh Yeah :cool:
  • Kez100Kez100 Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Christine will be in the dance off. She was noticeably out of her depth tonight and there is so much else going on (the popular boys close to her) that I think the sympathy vote is going to be diluted across the board.

No idea who she will be with but she will be going home. I am sure of it. As of last week I couldn't see her going but I can now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Should be Christine but think it might be Tom :mad::(
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This week I fear Christine's fans may not keep her from the dance off - in which case the judges won't save her.

I haven't been a big fan of anyone else - but Lisa and Brendan well deserve their top spot on the leader board this week. Will it keep them from the dance off yet again - who knows?

I thought Rachel was undermarked on her paso - it was far better than Austin's, she should have taken second spot imo.

Tom - well I posted about his bum last week; it is always very noticeable - and his facial expressions are offputting - but, although I'm not much of a fan I do prefer him to Austin.

So my order of preference:
    Lisa and Brendan
    Rachel and Vincent
    Tom and Camilla
    Austin and Erin
    Christine and Matthew.

I've never voted for Lisa yet, but this week I will split my votes between her and Christine.

I think perhaps the only thing we can safely say is that Austin and Erin won't be in the dance off - which, imo, is where they should be.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If there's any justice it will be Christine. The difference between her and the other dancers now is embarrassing.
  • River ManRiver Man Posts: 2,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cantos wrote: »
    I think it will be a Rachel v Tom dance off

I think the same.

Close between Austin and Christine with the public.

Austin 5
    Christine 4
    Tom 3
    Rachel 2
    Lisa 1

Christine, Tom and Rachel tied on 5pts.

Christine escapes with the higher public vote.
  • AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Christine and her energy and enthusiasm but she didnt do well tonight....
    it will all depend on how much public support she has - she is allegedly the most popular female in the comp ? and if she manages to stay out of the bottom....despite Tess best efforts to make her feel bad :mad: then I think its Rachel and Tom in the bottom...and the judges will save their favourite Rachel of course....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CASPER1066 wrote: »
    yea, but they judges only have 50% of the over all score.
    The public have the other 50% and if they vote for the entertainment of the dance....they are entitled too.

Its not a dancing competition, its a light entertainment show
    Indeed but not all the voters think they're not watching a dance contest. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By rights it should be Christine in the dance off. With her will probably either be Tom or Rachel. But then obviously they'd survive.

Might be Tom versus Rachel depending on Christine's support - which we don't know the extent of...
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that Rachel will be in the dance-off...but if she does the Waltz then obviously she has a solid chance of surviving if she can hold it together.

Tricky one to call.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisy_M wrote: »
    I think it should be Christine but I'm worried it might be Rachel. :(

Yes, it should be Christine. And although I think Rachel may well be in the dance off tonight I can't see the judges not saving her against anyone else, except possibly Lisa (based on the assumption that Rachel will do the waltz again).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is that Rachel will be in the dance-off...but if she does the Waltz then obviously she has a fair chance of surviving if she can hold it together.

Tricky one to call.

If Rachel is in the dance off it doesn't matter who she is with they will save her- she scored 39 for her waltz so apart from Lisa no-one else scored as highly as that.

This may be their way of getting rid of Austin if he is not getting the votes :cry: or Tom :confused:

Anyway- we'll see- but it was a strange old marking night!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed but not all the voters think they're not watching a dance contest. ;)

No not some, just most of them;)