Comments

• Options
    INSOMNIA56INSOMNIA56 Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Treyc- Alone (Heart)
    Katie- Warm Whispers (Missy Higgins)
    Cher- Jolene (Dolly Parton)
    Rebecca- Other Side Of The World (KT Tunstall)
    Wagner- You Got The Love (Candi Staton)
    Mary- Don't Cry Out Loud (Melissa Manchester)
    Aiden- Never Tear Us Apart (INXS)
    Matt- In My Place (Coldplay)
    Paije- This Woman's Work (Kate bush)
    One Direction- Feel (Robbie Williams)

nobody but nobody on this show is to be allowed within 5000 light years of a Kate Bush song
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Rebecca - Both Sides Now
    Treyc - Alone
    Cher - Beautiful
    Katie - Dont Speak
    Paije - Me And Mrs Jones
    Aiden - Everybody Hurts
    Matt - With Or Without You
    Mary - The Power Of Love
    Wagner - Save Your Love
    One Direction - Rule The World

That's all very good suggestions.
    U2 would be great for Matt even if I sort of hope they'll wait with that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts :)

Matt - Fall at your feet, Crowded House
    Rebecca - I think its gonna rain today (Bette Midler version)
    Treyc - Alone, Heart
    Cher - Issues, The Saturdays
    Katie - Time after time, Cyndi Lauper
    Paije - Lets stay together, Al Green
    Aiden - Fix you, Cold Play
    Mary - Ive found someone, Cher
    Wagner - Is this love, Whitesnake
    One Direction - I want it that way, Backstreet Boys

I would be a fab judge!!!! Good mixture there from me :D
  • Options
    AliBaba2010AliBaba2010 Posts: 4,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This for Paije or Rebecca > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7wA7Zvm6oU
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aiden's voice reminds me of Michael Stipe so I'd like to hear him sing "Everybody Hurts" (as long as they don't mess around with the arrangement).
  • Options
    Faria262Faria262 Posts: 6,952
    Forum Member
    Rebecca - I Bruise Easily (Natasha Bedingfield) - can imagine it ev en though I prefer Natasha to Rebecca and doubt R would better the original :)

Cher - No Air (Jordin Sparks/Chris Brown) - Again, brave from a big Jordin fan but I prefer Cher to Rebecca so she might pull it off, and it'd give Jordin more exposure :)

TreyC - Family Portrait (Pink) Might give her a chance to connect more emotionally with the audience. I'm a Pink fan too, but I'd say TreyC's the girl with the best voice :)

Katie - Cry Me Out (Pixie Lott) Not too vocally challenging, but keeps her current, good song even though Pixie has her vocal faults too :)

Mary - I'm With You (Avril Lavigne) Hopefully she'd show more emotion too, but she could keep her power! :)

It's my birthday today so I'm going to spend a bit of time with my family now, will keep thinking though! :D

xxxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-TKfmtyCycLittle Bit - Lykke Li and Drake for Cher
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faria262 wrote: »
    Rebecca - I Bruise Easily (Natasha Bedingfield) - can imagine it ev en though I prefer Natasha to Rebecca and doubt R would better the original :)

Cher - No Air (Jordin Sparks/Chris Brown) - Again, brave from a big Jordin fan but I prefer Cher to Rebecca so she might pull it off, and it'd give Jordin more exposure :)

TreyC - Family Portrait (Pink) Might give her a chance to connect more emotionally with the audience. I'm a Pink fan too, but I'd say TreyC's the girl with the best voice :)

Katie - Cry Me Out (Pixie Lott) Not too vocally challenging, but keeps her current, good song even though Pixie has her vocal faults too :)

Mary - I'm With You (Avril Lavigne) Hopefully she'd show more emotion too, but she could keep her power! :)

It's my birthday today so I'm going to spend a bit of time with my family now, will keep thinking though! :D

xxxx

Happy Birthday! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Find Your Love - Drake for One Direction > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIKD7bpcRC8
  • Options
    LittleNothingLittleNothing Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everybody Hurts has been covered to many times before dont want him to go there, rather see him do something like Nightswimming whichwill feel fresher because its not been done to death.

But I would really like to see Aiden do something more upto date because all his songs on the lives have been oldder tracks from previous eras.
    I think he could take Cover My Eyesby La Roux and do something very special with it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt - If you're not the one, Bedingfield
    Rebecca - Heartbreaker, Dionne Warwick
    Treyc - Hurt, Christina Aguilera
    Cher - Big Girls Don't Cry, Fergie
    Katie - Nothing compares to you, Sinead O'Connor
    Paije - Run, Amy McDonald
    Aiden - Love is a Losing Game, Winehouse (leftfield I know, but I can see it!)
    Mary - Chasing Pavements, Adele
    Wagner - I want to know what loaf is, foreigner
    One Direction - What about now, Westlife
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone should do 'I Don't Want To Miss A Thing'
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,219
    Forum Member
    Someone should do 'I Don't Want To Miss A Thing'

Danyl did it last year
  • Options
    StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Treyc- Alone (Heart)
    Katie- Warm Whispers (Missy Higgins)
    Rebecca- Other Side Of The World (KT Tunstall)
    Wagner- You Got The Love (Candi Staton)
    Mary- Don't Cry Out Loud (Melissa Manchester)
    Aiden- Never Tear Us Apart (INXS)
    Matt- In My Place (Coldplay)
    Paije- This Woman's Work (Kate bush)
    One Direction- Feel (Robbie Williams)

These are BRILLIANT suggestions! Don't Cry Out Loud for Mary would be sensational. She would bring the house down! Likewise This Woman's Work for Paije. Not a dry eye in the house.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cher did say she wanted to do a country-style song didn't she? So this could be it, although I prefer Downtown
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cher did say she wanted to do a country-style song didn't she? So this could be it, although I prefer Downtown

No please don't - there are some songs that are sacred
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faria262 wrote: »

xxxx

There are some really talented budding musical directors out there! 'I'm with you' is an inspired choice for Mary.
  • Options
    loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JusW wrote: »
    I think lifehouse could suit Aiden. which song were you thinking of? Hanging by a moment?

I love Jason Wade's voice - he's got a really special tone.

lol i wrote the song there all im asking for, thats the name of the song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub_qXhGTHAI
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt - If you're not the one, Bedingfield
    Rebecca - Heartbreaker, Dionne Warwick
    Treyc - Hurt, Christina Aguilera
    Cher - Big Girls Don't Cry, Fergie
    Katie - Nothing compares to you, Sinead O'Connor
    Paije - Run, Amy McDonald
    Aiden - Love is a Losing Game, Winehouse (leftfield I know, but I can see it!)
    Mary - Chasing Pavements, Adele
    Wagner - I want to know what loaf is, foreigner
    One Direction - What about now, Westlife

Again,these choices are all spot on, really intuitive and all the contestants would really shine with these songs. How I would love to see Mary sing Chasing Pavements in the final, and win the competition :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    Cher is a fan of Dolly Parton- so I will always love you (Dolly Parton style) or Here You Come Again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It has got to be Sitting on the dock of the bay by Otis Redding for Paije - it is perfect for him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cher is a fan of Dolly Parton- so I will always love you (Dolly Parton style) or Here You Come Again

Dolly doesn't deserve that:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    footygirl wrote: »
    It has got to be Sitting on the dock of the bay by Otis Redding for Paije - it is perfect for him

Yeah and if not that A Change Is Going to come by Sam Cooke or maybe a Marvin Gaye song?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah and if not that A Change Is Going to come by Sam Cooke or maybe a Marvin Gaye song?

Paije is going to shine this week - this is perfect for him - and by heavans can he put emotion into his singing