• Options
    lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    Beauty pageant mum and chantal are highly irritating :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    A pageant... at a zoo... hosted by Chico?! :D:D

ETA: Did it just flash up she's pregnant again?
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    oh dear pushy mom

She's had plenty of experience at pushing!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barelyreal wrote: »
    A pageant... at a zoo... hosted by Chico?! :D:D

ETA: Did it just flash up she's pregnant again?

I thought it was a joke that she was so close to Chicco she would soon be pregnant again.
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    The Bland family look like your typical benfit scroungers who live in a dirty house with dogs. They all live in a 3 bedroomed house!
    Yuk.

The all girl family (apart from Dad and Charles) at least have their own garage business and are at least comically entertaining and live in a nice house and aren't dirty and scruffy!

By the way, why are beauty contests now called pageants? Or is the answer obvious?: It's what they're called in America.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beauty pageant mum and chantal are highly irritating :mad:

With very pink lips
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the bland family. were gypsy's esp with the horse on the pavement.In the housing estate..
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    I thought the bland family. were gypsy's esp with the horse on the pavement.In the housing estate..

And they've been given an 8 bedroom house! How much is THAT costing the tax payer!

They keep saying the Dad is putting his hands in his pockets to pay for ... whatever. Yet he hasn't got a job so he's on benefits.

Ha! Imagine this lot having to 'survive' on £500 a week!
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    The Bland family look like your typical benfit scroungers who live in a dirty house with dogs. They all live in a 3 bedroomed house!
    Yuk.

I only tuned in half way through, and heard that the father Fabian had just lost his job . His wife was just at the end of her tether really. She looked careworn and miserable - all I kept thinking was if only you had used contraception you wouldn't be living like this. Silly woman.
  • Options
    gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only tuned in half way through, and heard that the father Fabian had just lost his job . His wife was just at the end of her tether really. She looked careworn and miserable - all I kept thinking was if only you had used contraception you wouldn't be living like this. Silly woman.

How on earth did they all live in a 3 bedroomed house?

3 of the children actually belong to her sister who couldn't keep them, so it was very nice of them to take them all in. But I would have thought they would be getting payments from the Local Authority to help keep them?
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those Lewis girls ........ what names:eek: Do you think Porsha was because they couldn't spell Portia? :D I have to say they all seemed polite and well brought up. I get the feeling they didn't have much choice in going into those beauty contests though, which is a shame.

At least both the Dads were working (The Bland Dad had just been laid off from van driving after 20 years it said). But they must be getting loads in Child benefit alone. There was a tender moment when he spent a little while with his daughter Chloe who was mixed up about where she wanted to live. I hope it works out.
  • Options
    QTC13QTC13 Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    you would if you lived next door to them

Why would I :confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    Here's some articles from the local Bradford newspaper regarding the Bland family.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/local/district/district_bradford/district_bradford_hay/district_bradford_hay_holmewood/8361232.Family_of_12_living_in_three_bed_house_want_bigger_home/

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/local/district/district_bradford/district_bradford_hay/district_bradford_hay_holmewood/8361232.Family_of_12_living_in_three_bed_house_want_bigger_home/

The 8 bedroomed house you saw them get at the end of the show, is an ex Council childrens care home. It had stood empty for over 2 years, so I suppose it makes sense for them to have it rather than it be left unused.
  • Options
    RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last week and this week. I take my hat off to the parents that are bringing up all their kids because I know that I couldn't have coped with all that amount of kids.
    Both the families last week and this week are doing a good job bringing up their children. I don't know how they cope but they do.
  • Options
    keicarkeicar Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looked careworn and miserable - all I kept thinking was if only you had used contraception you wouldn't be living like this. Silly woman.

And she is only 34! Fabian 41.

After watching this, Coppers and the program last night about dangerous dogs, one begins to see the sheer bill of benefits that are being paid out and the sorry state that our society is in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member

thats a bit unfair, the narrator said that they were an example of a blended family; both parents each had a couple of kids from a previous relationship and then had 3 together. He took in his daughter from the previous relationship because of problems with her mother. His wife then took in her sisters 3 kids rather than see them split up and put into care which i think is admirable given their circumstances.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    keicar wrote: »
    And she is only 34! Fabian 41.

After watching this, Coppers and the program last night about dangerous dogs, one begins to see the sheer bill of benefits that are being paid out and the sorry state that our society is in.

She's never 34. :eek: I thought she was about 50. I do think they were trying to make a good life for the kids though and hope that their new home gives them all a bit more privacy and time to themselves.
  • Options
    princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once again, this show fascinated me last night. As I didn't write about it last week, I'd like to say what a lovely family the bakery owners were! The other family with the control freak mother were a bit weird. This week, the pushy mum was just awful, and along with the 'good-looking' gene she claimed to have passed down (although her and her husband were hardly oil paintings), she also seemed to have passed the weird teeth gene down. Only bearable child was Carly, who seemed against most of the things her mother loved. And, what to say about the other family? I thought they were less irritating than the girl family, but still just a bit odd. I thought it was nice that she'd took in her sister's kids though.
  • Options
    keicarkeicar Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    She's never 34. :eek: I thought she was about 50.

Its in one of the above links from local newspapers.
    I thought it was nice that she'd took in her sister's kids though.

Call me cynical but, I do wonder if it was to assist them in obtaining a larger house? If so it certainly worked.
  • Options
    Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for the children of these big families. especially for the ones with parents who really can't afford it. have no room. and no patience with kids. The Bland family woman looked depressed and worn out. and just seemed to ignore the fighting.

The Lewis family, seemed happy enough. although the mum was barmy....that Chazney girl, even said that she doesn't like dressing up. so why is her mum taking her to a pageant.
  • Options
    PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    gillypanda wrote: »
    How on earth did they all live in a 3 bedroomed house?

3 of the children actually belong to her sister who couldn't keep them, so it was very nice of them to take them all in. But I would have thought they would be getting payments from the Local Authority to help keep them?

When relations take in children they don't get anything from social services, they would only qualify for child benefit and tax credits, or additional benefits if they are on JSA.

If those three children had been taken into care, they would have cost the tax payer much, much more.

I think this couple were doing their best, and I'm gobsmacked by some of the nasty comments on here. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    My son got his GCSE'S, then went on to college and then uni, he is now a B.A.

Good on you & your son :) You must be proud!

I enjoy this programme. I think the first family on last weeks were the most 'sensible'...at least he was working and she did when she was able to. Did feel a bit sorry for Fabien on this weeks having lost his job. All he seemed to want was for his family to get on bless him.