EastEnders 22.4.14 - The Darkest Hour (Merged)

1323334353638»

Comments

• madmumof3madmumof3 Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    10/10
    I thought this episode was amazing, Adam Woodyatt really shone out for me, he portrayed the character so well. I had a lump in my throat watching, Ben Hardy was good too at the end when Ian told him about Lucy. All in all, a good episode and I look forward to seeing this storyline continue.

I know the reveal isn't until next year, but in a way I think it's a good thing. In real life murders aren't always solved within a couple of weeks, and the fallout for the family and friends of the victim would never be over and done with quickly.

Top marks to the writers and especially the actors for this episode. :)
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    10/10
    edduk1981 wrote: »
    After being told off by another user for starting a new thread about my thoughts about last nights episode I was told to post it in here.

Wow what an episode

Adam Woodyatt imo is an amazing actor and last night again highlighted this.

Emotional stuff had the hairs on the back of neck standing up and goosebumps all throughout.

I can see the funeral being very emotional and surely some kind of Julia theme as her coffin is being lowered into the ground if she is being buried or as the curtains are being closed if she is being cremated (burial would be better)

Ben Hardy I think will start showing some great stuff going forward I must admit right at the end when the camera panned out I thought he sound like Chewbacca from Star Wars but overall I give it 10/10.
    I think Lucy is going to be buried to the pics from the filming of her funeral. I think Murder victims have to be buried
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    10/10
    Just rewatched the last scene and I like how we can see the Beale's stall in the final shot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10/10
    My two favourite scenes were when Ian was sitting waiting to see Lucy's body and he talked about his nan going to the bingo and then when he told Cindy and Bobby but the entire story was told by Denise's reaction. Two subtle but beautiful moments.

I just love how Denise's guilt about wanting to leave Ian, could be guilt about having done something to Lucy.

Some people have said Peter's reaction must mean he didn't do it, but what if he did but didn't realise it yet? The killer blow may not have been struck on the common (remember Micheal's stabbing?)

Great writing. Great acting.

I've just put money on when Tina cops it in the "other" soap the Mirror and the Sun will try to convince everyone that EE's murder was rubbish... :D
  • Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »
    Just rewatched the last scene and I like how we can see the Beale's stall in the final shot.

Yes, they really managed to squeeze so many wee touches into that episode - the blond girl, the reference to Ian's gran, Kat and Alfie and the twins kicking, and so on. So much so it should have seem contrived but it didn't, it really worked. I think largely due to the spot on, almost underplayed, performances and writing.

I really, really didn't expect that from EE. I was suitably impressed and I take back everything I've said about their poor writing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10/10
    Yes, they really managed to squeeze so many wee touches into that episode - the blond girl, the reference to Ian's gran, Kat and Alfie and the twins kicking, and so on. So much so it should have seem contrived but it didn't, it really worked. I think largely due to the spot on, almost underplayed, performances and writing.

I really, really didn't expect that from EE. I was suitably impressed and I take back everything I've said about their poor writing.

BIB - i saw that but totally didn't connect the twins thing. Genius!
  • Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totem_Bern wrote: »

Yeah, it was brutally poignant. I didn't pick up on the twin thing either (I had forgotten they were having twins actually). Some bright sparks here picked up on that. I just figured they were driving at the life vs death sentiment. I found it even more heartrending when I was reminded of the twins. :(
  • yidarmy123yidarmy123 Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Was it just me or anyone else think Danny dyers missus in eastenders is really fit. She looked great in that dress today nice set of legs as well
  • sloe_ginsloe_gin Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Totem_Bern wrote: »

There was even a resonance when Ian mentioned his gran Lou, as she was a parent of twins herself. It is obvious that she would be the first family member to come to mind in those circumstances. The whole thing blends together so movingly.
  • ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10/10
    Just catched up with this episode on iPlayer tonight. The end was the bit that really got me. That scream is pure pain. Gosh! Brilliant performances from Adam, Ben, Diane, Laurie and even Hetti as a corpse.
  • CharentonCharenton Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yidarmy123 wrote: »
    Was it just me or anyone else think Danny dyers missus in eastenders is really fit. She looked great in that dress today nice set of legs as well

Not really. She reminds me too much of Bianca, just not so gobby.