On screen Android volume control. Please recommend one.

Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
Forum Member
Hi.

I am a novice with phones so I hope someone can advise. I have just bought a Moto G 4G LTE. I love the phone. However, I'd like to know if anyone can suggest an Android app which allows me to control the volume of whatever screen I'm on by using an on-screen slider. Basically, something exactly the same as what happens when you press the master volume buttons when you are viewing any app, but activated by touching the screen. I don't want or need anything complicated - just the volume slider to be visible onscreen.

I have bought a cover for my phone and this somewhat obscures the volume buttons which is why I'm looking for the onscreen solution.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated. :)

Comments

• npah3npah3 Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Have a look at the Google Play store under volume control apps

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.hinterhofapps.sliderwidget
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    Hi.

I have looked in the Google Store but I can't see anything that fits what I want. They all seem so complicated. I wonder if anyone has one installed that they can recommend.

I have uninstalled an app which I think was making the volume on my device reset every 5 minutes. I'm hoping that means I won't need this on screen facility as much but having one would be useful.
  • !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would go with Widgetlocker, which puts toggles for anything you like in the notification shade. One of those can be volume, which puts a slider (actually several, so you can adjust all the various volumes) on screen. Advantage of this is that you don't need to leave an app to fiddle with volume, just pull down the shade.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Hi.

I am a novice with phones so I hope someone can advise. I have just bought a Moto G 4G LTE. I love the phone. However, I'd like to know if anyone can suggest an Android app which allows me to control the volume of whatever screen I'm on by using an on-screen slider. Basically, something exactly the same as what happens when you press the master volume buttons when you are viewing any app, but activated by touching the screen. I don't want or need anything complicated - just the volume slider to be visible onscreen.

I have bought a cover for my phone and this somewhat obscures the volume buttons which is why I'm looking for the onscreen solution.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated. :)

What version of android do you have? Some already have that feature if you swipe the screen down there is often a slider to adjust screen brightness and one for volume.
    Forum Member
    What version of android do you have? Some already have that feature if you swipe the screen down there is often a slider to adjust screen brightness and one for volume.

This phone, so it's Kit Kat 4.4, I think. http://www.cnet.com/uk/products/motorola-moto-g-4g-lte/ I have tried the 'swipe' you referred to but it doesn't seem to work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried Widgetlocker? It'll add just what #5 refers to
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    This phone, so it's Kit Kat 4.4, I think. http://www.cnet.com/uk/products/motorola-moto-g-4g-lte/ I have tried the 'swipe' you referred to but it doesn't seem to work.

My tablet has 4.4 and when you swipe down the slider for volume and brightness is there.
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all your replies and suggestions. I had already installed both the slider widget and the volume control. Unfortunately, neither seem to work for what I want. eg, If I'm on youtube, I want to be able to adjust the volume onscreen from that app and the same goes for any other app I'm on at the time. Oddly, the 'swipe down' that Rodney (above) mentioned doesn't seem to work either. Wonder if it's something to do with my phone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all your replies and suggestions. I had already installed both the slider widget and the volume control. Unfortunately, neither seem to work for what I want. eg, If I'm on youtube, I want to be able to adjust the volume onscreen from that app and the same goes for any other app I'm on at the time. Oddly, the 'swipe down' that Rodney (above) mentioned doesn't seem to work either. Wonder if it's something to do with my phone?

Out of interest, why can't you just use the volume buttons on the phone? If you're watching YouTube and it's too quiet/loud that's exactly what it'll do.
  • 1saintly1saintly Posts: 4,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    !!11oneone wrote: »
    Out of interest, why can't you just use the volume buttons on the phone? If you're watching YouTube and it's too quiet/loud that's exactly what it'll do.

So you didnt read the OP.

The bit that says...
    ''I have bought a cover for my phone and this somewhat obscures the volume buttons which is why I'm looking for the onscreen solution.''
    Answers that question.
    Forum Member

Thank you SO much. Have just installed this and it's exactly what I needed. :) Many thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply to me.