Options

Best and worst dances (Saturday night)

Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
Forum Member
✭✭
For me, it's the two women who are 'ace-ing' it at the moment, both tonight and over this weekend. They and their partners have both produced fantastic dances. For me, it's hard to put one at the top, but overall, they are still a joint first for me, though in terms of my personal taste of choreography, dance, etc, Pamela has the edge. But then, Kara has danced like a pro, so... maybe... err, I dunno.... they are both joint first for me, lol, it's a difficult one.

For me, after tonight, third place is now Matt, though I felt his AG was a little overrated. Not that it wasn't good, but he is still lacking a bit of control and I felt he was a little awkward in some places.

Fourth place would be Scott, I think he peaked to early in the series, sadly.

Fifth place to Gavin. I'll give him credit, he has made a huge improvement, but he is still trailing behind.

My thoughts overall is that, in terms of dancing, there is a huge gulf between the men and the women.

What's your best and worst dances, and general thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    babyboomer10babyboomer10 Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    1 Kara by a country mile
    2 Matt
    3 Scott
    4 Pamela - overmarked by a distance
    5 Gavin
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kara
    Matt
    Scott
    Pamela
    Gavin
  • Options
    salsamegsalsameg Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 Kara by a country mile
    2 Matt
    3 Scott
    5 Gavin

I agree with this although I enjoyed Gavin more Than Pamela.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 Kara by a country mile
    2 Matt
    3 Scott
    5 Gavin

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kara (I think she was head and shoulders above the others this weekend and should have had a 80 for her two main dances0

Scott ..Only because both his dances were ok if not great

Pamela... as for scott but I didnt particularly enjoy either of them

Matt....hated the Salsa but the Tango was better

Gavin....not a good dancer but I love him anyway
  • Options
    Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm noticing there's a lot of huff about Pamela being overmarked. Whether she was or wasn't is down to personal taste, but does that make her dances 'bottom-of-the-leaderboard' bad? For me regardless of marking, it's the women who are out dancing the men by a significant gap this weekend. Not that the guys are bad (except Gavin perhaps at times), just, I think Pamela is deservedly second place overall.
  • Options
    millie3millie3 Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best Kara
    Worst Pamela
    Worst dress Pamela too
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girls are, for me, definitely outshining the boys. The order I would put them in would be;

Pamela - based on dance ability, choreography, music, entertainment, grace, acting ability & general performance. Pamela has it all :)

Kara - Much the same as Pamela, but I still think Pamela has a slight edge

Matt - Always consistently good, but rarely has the 'wow' factor for me. Love how he mixes the gymnastics into the routines though

Scott - A few weeks ago, I thought he was a definate contender but now I'm not so sure... Haven't seen much improvement recently. Sometimes his routines are great and other times they're terrible

Gavin - He's clearly made some improvement, but no where near as good as the others
  • Options
    Sam WeissSam Weiss Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Pamela/Kara
    Matt
    (big gap)
    Scott
    (big gap)
    Gavin
  • Options
    strictlyawesomestrictlyawesome Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 Kara by a country mile
    2 Matt
    3 Scott
    5 Gavin

Totally agree !!!
  • Options
    strictlyawesomestrictlyawesome Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donna16 wrote: »
    The girls are, for me, definitely outshining the boys. The order I would put them in would be;

Pamela - based on dance ability, choreography, music, entertainment, grace, acting ability & general performance. Pamela has it all :)

Matt - Always consistently good, but rarely has the 'wow' factor for me. Love how he mixes the gymnastics into the routines though

Scott - A few weeks ago, I thought he was a definate contender but now I'm not so sure... Haven't seen much improvement recently. Sometimes his routines are great and other times they're terrible

Gavin - He's clearly made some improvement, but no where near as good as the others

Why has Pamela got the slight edge over Kara in your opinion ? Interested in your thoughts

Sorry ignore the question just read the line above think that answers my question. Don't agree though ! Kara is just awesome and has the wow factor for me !
  • Options
    miss_minervoismiss_minervois Posts: 2,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Friday, I'd have said
    1. Kara
    2. Scott
    3. Pamela
    4/5 Gavin / Matt

On Friday I'd have said

1. Kara
    2. Matt
    3. Pamela
    4. Scott / Gavin
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    This is just my favourite dances of the night.
    Kara
    Scott
    Matt
    Pamela
    Gavin
  • Options
    parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda_Dean wrote: »
    I'm noticing there's a lot of huff about Pamela being overmarked. Whether she was or wasn't is down to personal taste

Apparently not - according to a couple of "expert" DS-ers, there was a lot of spacing and other technical shortcomings - and she's never mastered having a neck.

Kara is so good that she shouldn't have been there in the first place. Quite simply, she's a dancer.

Be that as it may, the finishing order should be:

Kara
    Matt
    Pamela
    Scott
    Gavin

But I want it to be:

Matt (following a spectacular and faultless display :p )
    Kara
    Pamela
    Gavin
    Scott
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In terms of dancing ability the order should be:-

Kara
    Matt
    Pamela
    Scott
    Gavin

However, I would like to see Gavin instead of Pamela in the final...........simply because I sick of having Pamela Stevenson pushed down my throat.
  • Options
    fjiffjif Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donna16 wrote: »

Grace? You genuinely believe Pamela is more graceful than Kara? :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kara - Looks like a pro, I rewatched countless times and it still looks amazing; they have great chemistry and are a joy to watch.

(big gap imo)

Matt - I feel like he tries to hard and some it feels a little forced, but mostly enjoyed it. But his face always just looks so strained and I don't really feel the chemistry betwen them. Although the choreography wasn't bad this week and he is always precise with his action.

Gavin - I actually enjoy watching Gavin dance; he has come so far and he is now a decent dancer. He had a smile on his face while dancing and it was easy to watch; despite not being technically brilliant, it was still fairly good imo.

Scott - I always feel like Nat is working so hard that it makes Scott look worse. It wasn't particularly in time and there were a few bits where he looked like he didn't know what he was doing. I don't feel like he is leading her.

Pamela - I literally do not get what people see i her. I know that she is an older lady and she does well for her age, but if we are taking that into account then we should start taking how much other dance, acting etc. everyone has done into account too. I don't enjoy watching her dance, the simpering sickly sweet fake smile and the odd frame makes her not look very elegant (in my eyes). Often she looks stompy and makes a fair amount of mistakes. imo she has been overmarked for the entire series. But I like James.
  • Options
    reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kara. Exquisite, out of this world. I did think you could sense her nerves but it didn't make her mess up, it just added to the delicious atmosphere of excitement! Real edge of seat stuff!

Pamela. Her timing was faultless, her sense of fun and enjoyment was great, she is a phenomenal dancer and if she weren't being overshadowed by Kara I'd be raving about how good she is.

Matt. I love, love love Matt, he is also so naturally gifted it's frightening, I can't get the judges' gripes at all. He is never less than enjoyable to watch and last night he was superbly macho, which I didn't think he could do, he's normally so 'nice' and wholesome.

Scott and Gav, about equal - Scott because he's capable of better, Gavin because he's better than I thought he could be.
  • Options
    sonic157sonic157 Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kara - beautifully danced but I expected it to be more emotional

Matt - this dance really suited him and Aliona steered clear of gimmicks

Joint first

3. Scott - enjoyed his Charleston but it took a while to get going

4. Gavin - a creditable attempt, much improved

5. Pamela - she is so over-rated by the judges.
  • Options
    blueabublueabu Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kara. I know nothing about dancing, but hers moves me
    Matt I just love him
    Scott I just love him too, but he's not as good as Matt

Gavin/Pamela Tough between these two. Cannot stand Pamela, (but do like James) and Gavin just leaves me cold.
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kara
    Matt
    Pamela
    Scott
    Gavin

Scott and Gavin are interchangeable though
  • Options
    TheoLTheoL Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Kara (by a big country mile)

Big gap

Pamela
    Matt
    Scott
    Gavin
  • Options
    NooneNoone Posts: 6,048
    Forum Member
    Best: Kara

Worst: The rest - didn't really like any of the dances particularly, pretty meh. I expected more from a semi-final I suppose.
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturday rating:

1. Kara (She's sublime - nuff said).
    2. Matt (His best dance of the series and v close to Kara's rumba but she just edges it).
    3. Pamela (It was a decent enough dance and I think those who are rating it any lower than this may not be being totally objective ;). However, it didn't deserve the score it got. Craig seems to have a weakness for Pamela. Does she have compromising photos of him?)
    4. Gavin (V close again between him and Scott but I preferred this because Scott should have been capable of so much better while Gavin isn't and was therefore more enjoyable to watch.)
    5. Scott (Bearing in mind what he can do this was pretty rubbish and marked very generously. The over-scoring for this was as bad as it was for Pamela imo. It wasn't much better than Matt's salsa.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Based on how well they danced it:
    Kara - 10
    Matt - 10
    Pamela - 8
    Gavin - 8
    Scott - 7

The reality is I vastly prefered Gavin and Scott's routines to Pamela's though. Where does James get this cringeworthy choreography? :eek: