Nicola McLean admits she has an eating disorder

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember her being on im a celebrity and i had never heard of her before. Usually i even know z listers but she wasnt even known. Shes like the Aldi version of katie price. Gross
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babydoll.. wrote: »
    Shes like the Aldi version of katie price. Gross

Excellent summation.
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only part read about this in todays paper, lost the will to live!!! personally i think it is hogwash, there is NO WAY she has lost six/seven stone!!!! she hardly weighed much more to begin with, many many years ago i was on the verge of being anorexic, her story (words) hardly ring true to me, IMO if one finds oneself in this situation being so calculated and flippant just dosent make sense, I pulled myself out of the "mess" i was in but i will never forget that i survived on maybe half slice of toast a day and only ate "properly" when i could not get out of it because of family situations, i will never forget the mental anguish having to force my self to swallow food!!! Its very much a mental thing IMO that gets out of control, still more than twenty years later it brings tears to my eyes thinking of young girls and woman, whatever their body weight, being made to feel they dont fit in etc and that very much includes girls that are SIZE ZERO!!!! Nicola bringing VB into this story is disgusting, own your OWN SH!T Nicola!!!!!!
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This makes me so sick and disgusted that I'm kicking myself for even reading or writing about it. So eating disorders are a marketable issue now, something to 'sell' to the press to get in the papers? As a former anorexic, I hardly know where to begin. In the 20+ years since I had it, I thought we'd have come further forward than this.
    Go away, you stupid woman, and sort yourself out for your kids' sake. If you gave a damn about your poor mum and kids you'd be dealing with it. Maybe for the first time in your life, you've had to realise that it's not all about you.
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    summerain wrote: »
    That's an insult to people who genuinely have an eating disorder. :mad:

Why on earth is it?

I'm presuming you're referring to the article and not responding to a poster.
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    This makes me so sick and disgusted that I'm kicking myself for even reading or writing about it. So eating disorders are a marketable issue now, something to 'sell' to the press to get in the papers? As a former anorexic, I hardly know where to begin. In the 20+ years since I had it, I thought we'd have come further forward than this.
    Go away, you stupid woman, and sort yourself out for your kids' sake. If you gave a damn about your poor mum and kids you'd be dealing with it. Maybe for the first time in your life, you've had to realise that it's not all about you.

It's always been a marketable commodity. zelebs have always talked about their "anorexia hell"

As a former sufferer too it doesn't offend me whatsoever.

Let them do what they want to do - no skin off my nose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She doesn't look very well- I hope she can sort it out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    I think she's attention seeking:o
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ': wrote:
    Hannah;49290262']I think she's attention seeking:o
    She should find a healthier way to get it. If she's not careful, messing about like that could eventually lead to a real eating disorder.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently (I don't understand how to read "Tweats") but someone in my office says that she is tweeting about the "best cupcakes"......this is quite a leap from only having coke and coffee.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I remember she didn't have a pleasant word to say in the 2/3 weeks she was there and unbelievably negative.

She was just mean, nasty and foul mouthed with ludicrous cartoon boobs. Hugely desperate for fame.

An extremely shallow and materialistic individual, she needs to take a look in the mirror cos she really isn't all that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Such a pathetic waste of skin.

Maybe if everyone ignores her she'll go away?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    Apparently (I don't understand how to read "Tweats") but someone in my office says that she is tweeting about the "best cupcakes"......this is quite a leap from only having coke and coffee.

That's true http://twitter.com/MrsNicolaMclean
    "laboutique2 @bvcupcakes RETWEET these are the best cupcakes u will ever taste @MrsNicolaMcLean loves them they r delicious follow this funny little man"
    her most recent tweet is
    "Just had tea and cakes at Rockys school then watched him doing an Easter egg hunt I love being a mummy"
    Yes you really do have an eating disorder don't you Nicola:rolleyes: what a pathetic human being.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fringo wrote: »
    It's always been a marketable commodity. zelebs have always talked about their "anorexia hell"

As a former sufferer too it doesn't offend me whatsoever.

Let them do what they want to do - no skin off my nose.

I take your point but just wish we had come a little bit further forward than this. That's why it bothers me. My issues with food are well dealt with but I actually think it's worse for people going through it now, despite improvements in so-called 'treatment'. This kind of thing doesn't really help. I'm not 'offended' as such, just sickened.
  • hunniebunhunniebun Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I take your point but just wish we had come a little bit further forward than this. That's why it bothers me. My issues with food are well dealt with but I actually think it's worse for people going through it now, despite improvements in so-called 'treatment'. This kind of thing doesn't really help. I'm not 'offended' as such, just sickened.

I think for me, it's because of the 'topless' glamour shot she did to go along side of the story that cheapens anything she has said about her eating.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1374844/Nicola-McLean-Family-fun-sun-WAG-enjoys-park-husband-Tom-son-Striker.html#ixzz1Ix8LePyO

:rolleyes: and the CAN train rolls on....

"Most of the population dashed to the closest park on their lunch break to roll up their suit trousers and grab a desperate hour of sunshine. But for a lucky few, they had the entire day to luxuriate in the sudden arrival of spring sunshine. Nicola McLean and her family were fortunate enough to take full advantage of the turn in weather, and hot-footed it to their local park to soak up the sun and play with their one-year-old Striker."

A lucky few??? As if she'd taken time off from her important job.. of eating cupcakes in whaterfaces's coffee shop and talking about her 'eating disorder' to any rag that will listen to her. :rolleyes:
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Complete and utter arsehole - can't really put it any clearer than that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skaface wrote: »
    I've just read the Dailywail report and it says she's lost six stone. SIX stone? :eek: I don't see how that can be true, when she's apparently 7.5 stone now ~ that would mean she tipped the scales at 13.5 beforehand. Even during the height of her pregnancy last year, would she have piled 6 stone on? Just can't see it myself.

I noticed she's about the same height as me, and i naturally weigh between 7.5 and 8 stone, despite eating like a horse. The most i've ever weighed is 9 stone in my early 20's (i blame that on too much booze!) and when i was weighed the day before i gave birth in my early 30's, i was only 9.75 even then. I think the 'lost six stone' claim is a bit of an exaggeration....... unless she'd had those ridiculous inflatables removed from her chest to account for it, which she clearly hasn't. :confused:

I was about to point out the very same thing myself! Eating disorders aside I hate how celebrity weightloss is exaggerated, not just the size label on their clothes but the amount they have lost! It amazes me how they drop one stone and it amounts to four dress sizes or they drop four stone and one dress size!
  • mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    I'm anorexic and weigh just under 5 stone. I'm getting help and for this unheard of (by me) woman openly declaring she has an eating disorder without any mention of seeking help is publicity whoring and is sick and vile.

She has not lost 6 stone. Go away and starve yourself woman if that's what you want to do but don't advertise it as though you are proud of it.

Get help or shove off.

Sorry - I'm a tad angry in case you hadn't guessed.:(
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well said mumbles!!!! Wishing you all the best!!!
  • hunniebunhunniebun Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mumbles26 wrote: »
    I'm anorexic and weigh just under 5 stone. I'm getting help and for this unheard of (by me) woman openly declaring she has an eating disorder without any mention of seeking help is publicity whoring and is sick and vile.

She has not lost 6 stone. Go away and starve yourself woman if that's what you want to do but don't advertise it as though you are proud of it.

Get help or shove off.

I'm not surprised at all you feel angry.
    This article from the mirror sums up what it appears quite a few are thinking

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/04/08/just-not-ok-nicola-mcclean-115875-23045479/
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Get help or shove off.

Good for you. I hope your treatment is a success.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Get help or shove off.

Well said.

I wish you all the success in the world.
  • batman.batman. Posts: 8,906
    Forum Member
    I do think she has an eating disorder, as I saw a picture of her the other day and you could count every rid - it's just her boob implants making it seem like she hasn't.

However, I think it is disgusting how she is going round magazines saying that she has anorexia, but it's okay and she doesn't want to do anything about it because she's losing weight, and when she wants to gain weight she'll start eating again.

Why hare her management even letting her do this, it sets a terrible example to young people.

Also good luck mumbles, anorexia is a terrible condition and I hope you get all the help you deserve and become healthy again. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I'm anorexic and weigh just under 5 stone.
    but don't advertise it as though you are proud of it.

Yet you feel the need to tell everyone how much you weigh? :confused: