Lana del Rey Appreciation Thread

BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
Forum Member
Okay then guys here we go! Really looking forward to the album, loving Video Games so much and Blue Jeans as it reminds me of a Dickens novel and I really like A Day At the Races, it's such a contrast as to how you think it is by just reading the title

Born To Die out 30th January! :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YES!!!!! This is what i wanted to see...love the other thread too but about time ;)

and yeah pre ordered Deluxe for it! woo
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I've loved all her little videos, but seeing the Born to Die video just shows how she'll grow and make some really fantastic videos
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i love the Off To The Races snippets used...Video games also has that similar style...Born To Die is such an epic feel! Have rewatched it a few times i love it!

Cannot wait to see how far she will push everything forward with this. She has a massive future a head i tell you that now....well you know it anyway ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Not been this excited for a new artist since Nicki Minaj over... 14 months ago!!! (well thats when I discovered her anyway :P)

Her performance on JR wasnt her best, though she still sounded fantastic! love the little changes she makes to the chorus!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    It was an average at best...her performance on Holland was SO much better. But then again she's new so she gets nervous...great recording artist...not so great live...at least not yet. I'm sure she'll grow as a performer within the next few months. I'm still going to see her at KOKO at the end of the month but I don't expect to be blown away (most of the live clips on youtube kinda let me down). Having said that I'm 100% sure her album will be a smash. I've heard 5 tracks so far and love all of them. Born To Die video is so epic too. It will surely boost her sales. She is a true talent...people just need to give her a little more time to brush up on her life performances

JakeM641 wrote: »
    Not been this excited for a new artist since Nicki Minaj over... 14 months ago!!! (well thats when I discovered her anyway :P)

Her performance on JR wasnt her best, though she still sounded fantastic! love the little changes she makes to the chorus!
    Forum Member
    I could see she was nervous last night but it was still a good performance, really liked the spooky disco ball affect
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naww yeah she was nervous...still a good peformance though, yeah i love how kinda eerie it is in her performances...she wil definitely improve....i mean her first hit was only a few month ago really so taking it all on board that she is known really will be a lot...but she pulled through a strong vocal and set so yeah two pluses :)

Canno wait to see how she grows though, this debut album...aaah cannot wait to hear it all, methinks it will be one to re-listen and re-listen to...which is only a massive plus!
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Nice to see an appreciation thread at last although to be fair there have only been the 'usual suspect/s' on the 'anything goes' threads on Lana who have sort to disrupt. A good sign IMO. Not her best performance last night, she's still like a rabbit caught in the headlights on live TV but she's been thrown in at the deep end with the unexpected success of VG so will need time to grow as a live performer. She certainly has the voice, that's for sure.
    Forum Member
    I only saw the performance last night, he didn't interview her did he?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Blue Jeans slays me! I really wanna see how she performs it, and Born To Die and Off To The Races for that matter....we will see soon :)

And yeah, I actually like the performance on Ross, the vocals are still strong and the glitter disco ball is very effective too, it is so very old skool and powerful!
    Forum Member
    To me it was like a haunty high school prom :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it brought back vibes of Carrie :cool:

And i am addicted to This is what makes us girls! It is a bit like What It Feels Like in content...i love it...very light and emotive and different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXARlZcTt1I

Has a kinda psychadelic vibe about it...i love the arrngement. Oh this is so gearing up to be THE debut album of the year :cool:
    Forum Member
    Yeah it brought back vibes of Carrie :cool:

And i am addicted to This is what makes us girls! It is a bit like What It Feels Like in content...i love it...very light and emotive and different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXARlZcTt1I

Has a kinda psychadelic vibe about it...i love the arrngement. Oh this is so gearing up to be THE debut album of the year :cool:

It kind of does remind me of What It Feels Like for a Girl due to the chorus, loving "don't cry about it" that's what gets me with it, the repetition
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    It kind of does remind me of What It Feels Like for a Girl due to the chorus, loving "don't cry about it" that's what gets me with it, the repetition

Yeah i love that....message to Bey - THIS is a female anthem...but inclusive :cool:

dont cry about it, dont cry about it :cool: beautiful!
    Forum Member
    Yeah i love that....message to Bey - THIS is a female anthem...but inclusive :cool:

dont cry about it, dont cry about it :cool: beautiful!

Woah! With the new this morn I think she'll have enough on her plate ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha yeah, is that true or not? lol....just seems a bit fast really lol...hmmmmmmm

But yeah...this is how its done though :cool:
    Forum Member
    Haha yeah, is that true or not? lol....just seems a bit fast really lol...hmmmmmmm

But yeah...this is how its done though :cool:

DS have reported it so it must be true...anyway that story is for another time

Yes I love Blue Jeans...say you'll remember, say you'll remember :eek: as well as giving me Miss Haversham vibes it reminds me of Kate Bush
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Kate Bush....that spiritual repetition....jeee she has a lot of references to our faves! :cool: I absolutely love it! And her style reminds me a lot of American grindhouse movies....like what Tarantino did recently with Rodriguez! that grainy, retro style with it...bad taste/good taste stuff...how exciting!
    Forum Member
    Yeah Kate Bush....that spiritual repetition....jeee she has a lot of references to our faves! :cool: I absolutely love it! And her style reminds me a lot of American grindhouse movies....like what Tarantino did recently with Rodriguez! that grainy, retro style with it...bad taste/good taste stuff...how exciting!

Indeed LOADS of references. She's like a wild flower child :cool:
    Forum Member
    I really am loving This is What Makes Us Girls what a song!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    I'm loving Lana Del Rey, she's like Stevie Nicks mixed with Nancy Sinatra, which is beyond awesome. Hers is the first album I've ever pre-ordered off Amazon, too!
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    I'm loving Lana Del Rey, she's like Stevie Nicks mixed with Nancy Sinatra, which is beyond awesome. Hers is the first album I've ever pre-ordered off Amazon, too!

Agreed, but with a bit of Cat Power and Fiona Apple thrown into the mix. Oh,and Julee Cruise.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    I really am loving This is What Makes Us Girls what a song!

Very much so here too :D

and yes to those references...thats where that old skool vibe kicks in...she is soemthing precious and epic! :cool:
    Forum Member
    I like Born to Die more now, liking National Anthem and Mtn Dew
    Forum Member
    She's the gangsta Nancy Sinatra :cool: