Options

Best brands for kitchen ovens and hobs

13»

Comments

• Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    There is a long story behind my needing a new cooker. It's too convoluted to post all the details but I actually purchased a Rangemaster Classic in Cream 60cm. I bought it from Currys as this particular model is only available through them. Unfortunately I have had one problem after another.

I am on my second cooker (first one arrived damaged and the bottom door fell off of the second one) and I have just had the Engineer out to fix it. He arrived with the wrong parts (black door instead of cream and hinges for the top oven instead of the bottom) and when he called his office to re-order the new parts I was told they will take 60 days to arrive as they are out of stock. I drove straight to Currys and calmy told them I want a refund and I no longer want the cooker. It is being collected this Saturday ;-)

I have since found out that the 60cm Rangemaster cookers are not actually manufactured by Rangemaster but a sister company. I am very annoyed about that as I assumed I was paying for a quality product. I have been in touch with Rangemaster CEO and they have been very helpful but I have had to go back to Currys as I purchased from them.

It's a shame as the cooker looked great and in some ways I will be sad to see it go but last straw was the most recent Engineer telling me that I would be lucky to get 3 years out of it....

Looks like I will be cooking on my camping stove for a while until I decide what to get. I normally buy all my white goods from John Lewis because of after sales so will probably end up with one of theirs.

I am very envious of you having a proper sized Rangemaster because they are fab!

Crikey, what a hassle! It's a shame, because they are actually great cookers, but I don't blame you for giving up on it. I've got a Kitchener in cream, and I really do love it, and the way it looks.

Better luck with your next one, whatever you go for!