Options

The Daily Holden: That time of year again

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
Forum Member
✭✭✭
BGT is round the corner and I only know that because Amanda Holden is blabbing to the press about things we don't care about and surprise, surprise, relating to Simon Cowell, a man she is so obviously in love with but isn't quite up to standards for his harem.

Comments

• Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandy tells the world Cowshed doesn't wear undies.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/simon-cowell-reveals-never-wears-1817620

Mmmmmm. Crusty. :p:p;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/simon-cowell-reveals-never-wears-1817620

Oh god I just threw up a bit *voms*
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,314
    Forum Member

:mad: I was eating. Not anymore.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BGT again. :yawn:

That show is more about camp bitchfighting and Holden's wardrobe, never mind the gullible contestants they like to patronise and laugh at.
  • Options
    Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate, hate the way they all drop snippets about SC into their interviews like we give a toss? Do they think these articles are more readable with a SC 'gem' in them? :yawn:

Amanda has enough interesting to say about her life without having to be an SC mouthpiece.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    Amanda has enough interesting to say about her life without having to be an SC mouthpiece.

Does she?

You'd never know. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does she?

You'd never know. :D

Actually I think she does.....She's feisty, opinionated and quite intelligent. Strangely feminist in some of her thinking. She has all the health and birthing problems to share her experiences of.

Put it like this I would rather listen to AH talking about empowering women than Amy Childs, Kerry Katona and their ilk discussing their latest fake tan or relationship troubles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I think she does.....She's feisty, opinionated and quite intelligent. Strangely feminist in some of her thinking. She has all the health and birthing problems to share her experiences of.

Put it like this I would rather listen to AH talking about empowering women than Amy Childs, Kerry Katona and their ilk discussing their latest fake tan or relationship troubles.

Sorry, I disagree.

She's a woman who found a dead body hanging from a tree in the park whilst jogging and all she was worried about was the papers getting her age wrong.
    'When I found a dead body, they said I was 39. I'm 36. I was more traumatised by the fact they got my age wrong than the fact I'd found a stiff.'

Actress Amanda Holden gets her priorities right.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theobserver/2008/jan/20/7days.observermain1

If it was meant to be a joke, it wasn't funny, and if it wasn't it shows how self centred she is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I disagree.

She's a woman who found a dead body hanging from a tree in the park whilst jogging and all she was worried about was the papers getting her age wrong.

If it was meant to be a joke, it wasn't funny, and if it wasn't it shows how self centred she is.

I never said she was likeable, selfless or the milk of human kindness. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never said she was likeable, selfless or the milk of human kindness. ;)

I never said you did.

She's neither feminist, nor intelligent in putting worries about papers getting her age wrong before thinking about the dead man's family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never said you did.

She's neither feminist, nor intelligent in putting worries about papers getting her age wrong before thinking about the dead man's family.

No she is not a feminist but she does express some feminist ideas and principles. Mail on Sunday this weekend being a case in point. And whilst your example makes her thoroughly vain and self centred in doesn't make her stupid. As I say she is surprisingly intelligent, informed and smart. Not particularly likeable, I agree but not stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No she is not a feminist but she does express some feminist ideas and principles. Mail on Sunday this weekend being a case in point. And whilst your example makes her thoroughly vain and self centred in doesn't make her stupid. As I say she is surprisingly intelligent, informed and smart. Not particularly likeable, I agree but not stupid.

And how is it not stupid to make a remark about papers getting her age wrong over the tragedy of a suicide? The stupidity of that far outweighs her so-called 'feminist ideas and principles'.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't mind her at all.
    Just proves we are all different.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't mind her at all.
    Just proves we are all different.;)

There are people I find a lot more irritating for sure. At least she only touts herself once a year unlike Katie Price, Michele Heaton etc who make a career of it.

And she has a talent......she can actually act, sing, dance and do comedy. As opposed to those whose only talent is to walk down a street with and orange face, bad eyebrows and a designer bag on their arm.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are people I find a lot more irritating for sure. At least she only touts herself once a year unlike Katie Price, Michele Heaton etc who make a career of it.

And she has a talent......she can actually act, sing, dance and do comedy. As opposed to those whose only talent is to walk down a street with and orange face, bad eyebrows and a designer bag on their arm.

Ain't that the truth Mrs BBV.:)
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I have always liked Amanda and thought she was a good actress and lovely looking.

Then she goes and spoils it by having Botox and being Cowells lackey.

Her remarks about finding the body and Tom Jones agist comments about him in the Voice are really out of order, I am going off her quite quickly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand her, but hey, at least she has a job and only parades herself around once a year.