SIR BRUCE IS BACK! - Brucies Bandwagon Rolls On! - Will 'Brucie Bonus' Boost Ratings?

Comments

• sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Wonder what odd bookies are offering on FF and whether or not he makes it to the end of the series or does a Tommy Cooper.

I know someone who has placed three bets - that he won't even get to Saturday's opening show; that he'll do a Tommy Cooper; he won't make it to the end of the series but nothing will happen in a live show. He won't say what odds he got, but he will lose money if FF completes the series.

How tasteful and what a lovely friend you have :rolleyes:
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    Sir Bruce has an amazing capacity to prove everyone wrong each year, the BBC would love to have their top man on a 5 year contract but Sir Bruce is modest and prefers to go one year at a time.

Get real, Terry.

FForsyth is lucky to get as long as 12 months on a contract. Realistically he should be on a rolling one month contract..

Incidentally, I must say that nobody, anywhere, has ever before written anything referring to FForsyth and modesty in the same sentence.

The man is an egotistical old fool.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    sueh21 wrote: »
    How tasteful and what a lovely friend you have :rolleyes:
    My friend bets on anything - who will win Strictly; who will be paired with whom; who will end up in a romance; who will be first out in The Great British Bake Off; who will win it; which of two raindrops will reach the bottom of a windowpane first.

He obviously has an addicition problem, but isn't hurting anyone and at least it isn't an activity for which he's likely to end up in court.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terry, please take your medications soon. Your FForsyth delusions are becoming serious and disturbing.

You know, deep in your heart, as we wiser souls already know, that he is well past his prime and needs to return to warmer climes asap.

:D:D:D
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get real, Terry.

FForsyth is lucky to get as long as 12 months on a contract. Realistically he should be on a rolling one month contract..

Incidentally, I must say that nobody, anywhere, has ever before written anything referring to FForsyth and modesty in the same sentence.

The man is an egotistical old fool.

The great attribute Sir Bruce possesses is a unique ability to keep the massive ego's of the judges in check and under control, and to prevent them from taking over the show, never mind the length of his contract he deserves a pay rise for that alone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The great attribute Sir Bruce possesses is a unique ability to keep the massive ego's of the judges in check and under control, and to prevent them from taking over the show, never mind the length of his contract he deserves a pay rise for that alone.

His only aim is to prevent them, anyone, from taking over what he seems to think is his show.

The real test would be for FForstyh to present a regular series of live TV and call it the FForsyth FFun FFilled FFantasy hour. He could perform solo throughout each show, no autocue, no comely assistants to point in him in the right direction, and then we could measure his real appeal to the living audience. And, perhaps sadly, to see just how his performances have deteriorated over the years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His only aim is to prevent them, anyone, from taking over what he seems to think is his show.

The real test would be for FForstyh to present a regular series of live TV and call it the FForsyth FFun FFilled FFantasy hour. He could perform solo throughout each show, no autocue, no comely assistants to point in him in the right direction, and then we could measure his real appeal to the living audience. And, perhaps sadly, to see just how his performances have deteriorated over the years.

As Sir Bruce is the undisputed King of Live TV he could easily handle any show thrown at him.

On Strictly Come Dancing Sir Bruce always gets the balance just right despite the handicap of the auto cue machine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder what odd bookies are offering on FF and whether or not he makes it to the end of the series or does a Tommy Cooper.

I know someone who has placed three bets - that he won't even get to Saturday's opening show; that he'll do a Tommy Cooper; he won't make it to the end of the series but nothing will happen in a live show. He won't say what odds he got, but he will lose money if FF completes the series.

Sir Bruce always has amazing stamina, he's like a daring resourceful rider of the stage boards, a bold sheriff fighting for law and order on the Strictly Dance Floor every week, with his faithful companion Tess by his side, he's just like the 'Lone Ranger' Its going to be great to see Sir Bruce ride again, I simply can't wait.
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .......More like Calamity Jane. :(
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Sir Bruce is the undisputed King of Live TV he could easily handle any show thrown at him.

I certainly wish someone would throw something at him.
    On Strictly Come Dancing Sir Bruce always gets the balance just right despite the handicap of the auto cue machine.

He wasn't too hot on "balance" at Glastonbury, he had to do his tap dance sitting down!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sir Bruce always has amazing stamina, he's like a daring resourceful rider of the stage boards, a bold sheriff fighting for law and order on the Strictly Dance Floor every week, with his faithful companion Tess by his side, he's just like the 'Lone Ranger' Its going to be great to see Sir Bruce ride again, I simply can't wait.

Tess is certainly his companion, a bit like a guide dog to help him negotiate the auto-cue.
    Forum Member
    Is it just me thinking it or are Terry's posts containing more and more over the top superlatives which just don't fit Mr FF at all?

Makes me think he's really is a WUM and revels in the replies he elicits. I think he really doesn't like Mr FF at all and he just enjoys the reactions.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Is it just me thinking it or are Terry's posts containing more and more over the top superlatives which just don't fit Mr FF at all?

Makes me think he's really is a WUM and revels in the replies he elicits. I think he really doesn't like Mr FF at all and he just enjoys the reactions.

I'm beginning to think Terry actually IS Brucie - no one else thinks as highly of himself.
  • fancynancyfancynancy Posts: 7,991
    Forum Member

You don't say.....;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You forgot to add

... and he's a doddering old FFool who is way past his sell by date....

...who FFails to entertain ...

...who FFails to realise that he is the biggest handicap the show has ...

... and he continues to live, (
    like Terry himself), in FFantasy land.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You forgot to add

The sad thing is that he's also getting a lot of stick on other boards I use.
    The man is so self-obsessed that he fails to realise he's destroying what little reputation he once had. He's been just another TV personality for a few decades now, with his best work far behind him. Those memories must be fading fast due to his present antics.
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,429
    Forum Member
    I'm so looking forward to the start of the series.

There is, however, one huge blot on the landscape. How I hoped he would be gone this year.

Just seeing the BF mug on the promo shots has sent me into a decline. :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tess is certainly his companion, a bit like a guide dog to help him negotiate the auto-cue.

Its fairly widely accepted that its the auto cue that's holding Sir Bruce back, everyone that sees him perform live without it says that he is fantastic.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its fairly widely accepted that its the auto cue that's holding Sir Bruce back, everyone that sees him perform live without it says that he is fantastic.

Never the less to get a knighthood for presenting a BBC reality show is rather OTT
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Never the less to get a knighthood for presenting a BBC reality show is rather OTT

Nothing about Sir Bruce is over the top, he is a living legend that proves doubters wrong every year, we really should celebrate his talent to entertain us all much more.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »

What a waste, especially given that he spends most of the year overseas, we do not get any of his "wisdom" in the house of lords either. So what point the knighthood?
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    You forgot to add

I have to agree I used to think Brucie was great when I was growing up, but that is all soured now by the last few series of strictly he has made me cringe on numerous occasions and now ruins the show for me. I can no longer watch it live and need to fast forward through a lot of it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Terry, time to face reality.

If there were no auto-cue there'd be no show.

He's there to do what he's told, (via the auto-cue, he needs it as he can't remember his part), not what he wants to do.
    If anyone thought he was worth it, he'd have his own show, but no one wants him except the BBC for one series of programmes a year.

Even his one man show he had to promote himself and his last CD "was released on QVC."

He's now a "has been" and doesn't know it.
    Forum Member
    Monaogg wrote: »
    What a waste, especially given that he spends most of the year overseas, we do not get any of his "wisdom" in the house of lords either. So what point the knighthood?
    Knights are commoners and do not sit in the House of Lords. And would you really want to see him doing his "Nice to see you ....," "Good game, good game" and "Didn't he do well" in the House of Lords. That's the only "wisdom" I can think of that he shares, and he wouldn't be able to resist it.

I've already said that my brother is a knight and doesn't use his title. Part of the reason is that he prefers to use the title of Doctor which he worked hard to get and partly because of some of those who have also been knighted - one who is now dead and has been the catalyst for criminal investigations and FF who my brother thinks would be better suited to the Mickey Mouse Club or the Council for Corny Comics.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a fabulous Dynamic entrance from Sir Bruce on The Launch Show tonight, dancing, somersaults and head long hoop diving, and don't the audience love Sir Bruce, they are cheering his every move, well done Sir Bruce all your fans are supporting you for another fabulous series, thank you in advance for entertaining us all again this year on Strictly Come Dancing.
This discussion has been closed.