Humax HDR1000S 1TB

2»

Comments

• IanLIanL Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    delboy85 wrote: »
    Is it still the case that you can't add an extra few minutes to the start/ending of recordings?

On mine, I can set a "padding time" of 2, 5 or 10 minutes to all start times, and the same choice to all end times. You can also choose values for instant replay and skip forward.

As others have said, my IPlayer will not work. Other than that, the only problem I have experienced is loss of a series record setting over a non-transmitting weekend. It has only happened twice, and may be due to an transmitted EPG error, rather than the Humax unit.
    Forum Member
    ...Full Manual - You set start time end time and channel. No series recording or AR but you can set a repeat pattern

Graham,

I can't find how to do that - could you point me in the right direction, please?
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IanL wrote: »
    Graham,

I can't find how to do that - could you point me in the right direction, please?

Recordings/Planned press right to enter list and right again to select setrecording
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. Somebody had told me previously that you couldn't add extra time to the start/end of recordings. I'm glad to hear that they were wrong!
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Thanks guys. Somebody had told me previously that you couldn't add extra time to the start/end of recordings. I'm glad to hear that they were wrong!

Could they have been mistaken with the YouView Humax DTR-T1000?
    Forum Member
    Recordings/Planned press right to enter list and right again to select setrecording

Thanks. How on earth did you find it? Nothing in the manual that I can see.

There seems to be a bug in the time setting - if you wish to set a time starting with 2, you have to set 00 in the hours and then overtype it.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member

It wasn't really that hard to miss when looking at the Planned menu and seeing the big blue arrow with set recording written on top :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There seems to be a bug in the time setting - if you wish to set a time starting with 2, you have to set 00 in the hours and then overtype it.

Been a while but as I remember the format is hhmm so 2h35m would be 0235. As already said the option is fairly obvious once you enter the planned recording list.

What manual :eek:, basically all you get is a get you started guide.

Did you know that while in the guide pressing a channel number jumps to the appropriate epg line.

eg

With 108 highlighted typing 119 jumps to ITV-HD.
  • bampsambampsam Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been thinking of buying one of these boxes for some time now but was wary after reading about all the bugs/glitches it had. But if these have now been mostly resolved I think I might take the plunge!

Is it still the case that you can't add an extra few minutes to the start/ending of
    Forum Member
    Been a while but as I remember the format is hhmm so 2h35m would be 0235.

Ah, but I was trying to enter 2200
    Did you know that while in the guide pressing a channel number jumps to the appropriate epg line.

eg

With 108 highlighted typing 119 jumps to ITV-HD.

Good tip, thanks.
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    It wasn't really that hard to miss when looking at the Planned menu and seeing the big blue arrow with set recording written on top :D

Now you say so, it is pretty obvious - I guess I was blinded by the 90 deg, rotation :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, but I was trying to enter 2200

Good tip, thanks.

A 22hr programme would be rather a long programme :D

For future reference UK time frame accurate time codes are HH:MM:SEC:Frames. Normally 25 fps

Unneeded leading zeroes are ignored provided each pair is specified.

Extreme example

04:59:59:24 add 1 frame (00:00:00.01 will take you 05:00:00:00 (5hrs exactly).

Feel sorry for the US who have 29.97 fps, they have to drop the odd frame which is hard to follow.
    Forum Member
    A 22hr programme would be rather a long programme :D.

Indeed, but the time I was trying to insert was the start time, 2200 (10pm), and the field should have accepted the leading 2, but it would not, unless I first inserted zeroes and then overwrote them.

That has to be a bug.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed, but the time I was trying to insert was the start time, 2200 (10pm), and the field should have accepted the leading 2, but it would not, unless I first inserted zeroes and then overwrote them.

That has to be a bug.

See what you mean. It's an odd one that may have crept in a later firmware upgrade. The first time I tried it the start time defaults to the current time. I didn't have to enter all zeros entering the time starting from the right works OK (least significant first). Not sure it's a bug though as you can't input an invalid number. For instance if the set time is 0928 you cant input a 2 in the left hand digit you can input a 1. Starting from the right ensures you can't have an invalid time.

Somehow mine now defaults to not set rather than the actual time. No idea how this changed.

PS

After a reset still get not set :confused:
    Forum Member
    See what you mean. It's an odd one that may have crept in a later firmware upgrade. The first time I tried it the start time defaults to the current time. I didn't have to enter all zeros entering the time starting from the right works OK (least significant first). Not sure it's a bug though as you can't input an invalid number. For instance if the set time is 0928 you cant input a 2 in the left hand digit you can input a 1. Starting from the right ensures you can't have an invalid time.

Somehow mine now defaults to not set rather than the actual time. No idea how this changed.

PS

After a reset still get not set :confused:

After inputting all zeroes, mine now does not default to present time either. Very strange, although not a problem.
  • ShaunWShaunW Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, back again. Still thinking about this box, probably June when my Sky broadband contract expire's.

I have another question, does the box pass Dolby Digital through the HDMI lead or Optical only.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ShaunW wrote: »
    Hi, back again. Still thinking about this box, probably June when my Sky broadband contract expire's.

I have another question, does the box pass Dolby Digital through the HDMI lead or Optical only.

Both (obviously only for HD channels).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both (obviously only for HD channels).

Brilliant, until about 12 months ago my Sky Box was Optical only (until an HDMI update), good to know I wouldn't have to go back to the bad old days of the receiver hogging the sole Optical output connection on my "stupid" sound system.

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant, until about 12 months ago my Sky Box was Optical only (until an HDMI update), good to know I wouldn't have to go back to the bad old days of the receiver hogging the sole Optical output connection on my "stupid" sound system.

:D

Humax Freesat boxes have always had Dolby Digital over hdmi starting with the first one (Foxsat-HD - mid 2008) and optical s/pdif both active at the same time.
  • FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member

Why's your BB running out in June got any bearing on buying the Hummy? You can have BB only with Sky and no TV package.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faust wrote: »
    Why's your BB running out in June got any bearing on buying the Hummy? You can have BB only with Sky and no TV package.

Got half price B/B for 12 months if I remained a Sky Sports subscriber during that period, it expires and the 22nd June.

So (at the moment) my plan is :- Freesat, Bt Infinity and chromecast for the BT sports channels and any Sky Sports games I want to see via NowTV on my smart TV.
  • victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Posting just to update some of the earlier points in this thread.

The current Grade A 1tb price from Humax Direct is £189. Ordered mine Thursday afternoon and it arrived at 10am on Friday. It is replacing the Foxsat HDR I have had for several years so it was just a matter of swapping it over using the same cableing.

Very impressed so far and it works well with the iPad App.

It came loaded with Software Version 2.00.13 which I assume is the latest version available.

Only gripe so far is that it won't do basic control of TV. However I have it connected to a Panasonic TH-PZ TV and putting the TV into standby mode also does the same for the Humax box automatically which is very handy. Is this normal with all TV's connected via HDMI?
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    victorslot wrote: »
    Only gripe so far is that it won't do basic control of TV. However I have it connected to a Panasonic TH-PZ TV and putting the TV into standby mode also does the same for the Humax box automatically which is very handy. Is this normal with all TV's connected via HDMI?
    Yes It is called HDMI-CEC however it comes in several release versions and does not work well for all. Most TV's have an option to turn it off. Every manufacturer seems to have invented their own name for it however.
  • victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that information, I have also discovered that taking the Humax out of Standby also turns the TV on, still requires the use of both remotes though.

The User manual is very limited and I haven't been able to find any more information on line. The blurb I have seen states that you can play audio and video content from a PC or Mac computer, I have been able to see all my media on my Mac through the Humax but it won't open music or video stating it is the wrong format. This seems odd as to state it will read from a Mac implies it would read the media formatted for iTunes. Has anyone else come across this issue?