Options

Ebay and Paypal. Can I refund a seller who has refunded me?

Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
Forum Member
Hi. Wonder if anyone can help? I ordered something from the US and the seller didn't send it out for three weeks and only did so after I went through the resolution centre. Anyway, they have given me a full refund & P&P but looking at the tracking, it seems I may now get the item in a couple of days.

I don't want to keep the item if I haven't paid for it so is there a way of transferring the funds back to the seller's account? I've looked for info on the Ebay message boards, but no joy. I reckon I can only do it outside of Ebay and by using paypal and having the seller's e-mail address.

Anyone know if that's the case? I wouldn't be happy keeping something that I hadn't paid for, even if the seller was at fault originally for not sending it out on time. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    VioletSummersVioletSummers Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait until it arrives and contact the seller, apologizing and explaining the circumstances. If they would like payment, contact an eBay helper for how is safest for you to send the seller the money.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This happened to me on something coming from China after 3 weeks i opened a dispute as item never showed and the seller refunded me. A few days later the item arrived i contacted the seller who simply just gave me their paypal email address. I paid them via paypal making it clear what the payment was for and including the item number. Everyone was happy.
    This will be what Ebay will most likely tell you to do op.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    This happened to me on something coming from China after 3 weeks i opened a dispute as item never showed and the seller refunded me. A few days later the item arrived i contacted the seller who simply just gave me their paypal email address. I paid them via paypal making it clear what the payment was for and including the item number. Everyone was happy.
    This will be what Ebay will most likely tell you to do op.
    That seems the sensible thing to do.
  • Options
    lem ramsaylem ramsay Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you should be able to reverse the refund within 30 days.