Reasonably priced cabin in Scotland for new year?

Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
Forum Member
✭✭
Looking to surprise my OH with 3 nights away at a cabin in Scotland for her birthday on the 30/12 and then to stay in for new years eve. So ideally 3 nights.

Trying to find one that has a log fireplace to make it feel cozy and also a bit secluded. As a lot I've seen are really just in holiday parks and you are a few feet away from the next cabin.

Not wanting to go too far north as I don't think my little car would cope well if the weather is bad. We currently live in the central belt.

Anyone got any suggestions? The ones I've found so far are asking for upwards of £700+ for 3 nights :o

Comments

• linmiclinmic Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trouble is that prices are always high at this time of the year, especially in Scotland during hogmany. Have you thought about maybe going to Northumberland instead? Its beautiful and maybe prices will be more reasonable.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    linmic wrote: »
    The trouble is that prices are always high at this time of the year, especially in Scotland during hogmany. Have you thought about maybe going to Northumberland instead? Its beautiful and maybe prices will be more reasonable.

No I haven't, but will have a look as well thanks.
  • Fists of FedorFists of Fedor Posts: 786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looked for some myself. You might be looking at paying x3 times normal seasonal prices for new years.

My suggestion would be... January 2-4!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    http://www.mackaysholidays.com

You might find something on the above site.