Sunset Overdrive

Comments

• fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The humour in this game seems really really annoying

Eurgh. Worst fears realised. I'm gonna have to check out some Youtube footage. Didn't want to due to spoilers, but if the humour is off then it will just kill the game for me.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The humour in this game seems really really annoying, just installing it now. Why the hell do you have to install so much before you can play it on xbone?

This thread is too dead for a new game, are you all playing? or has nobody bought except the tax dodgers?

wow really? You've not even played the game yet your already saying the humor is annoying? It's one of the things most people who have played the game love including myself.

Plus most X1 threads aren't as busy as PS4 ones. Probably because we all actually have good games to go play instead of sitting on a forum all night :p;-)
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having played the humour isn't as annoying as i expected actually :).
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people who bought the Sunset Overdrive Xbox One Bundle are being sent codes to download Ryse for free.

Seems like a kick in the teeth to those who have had a One from day one...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Glad to hear it. How you finding the game itself?
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's good to know. I watched a couple of vids on the dashboard last night and I may even have had a titter. Might pick this up if I see it at a reasonable price.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so glad i bought this. This must be the best game i own on XBone by far. More enjoyable than forza, and the humour doesn't get annoying at all for me which i really did think it might. Like someone else said once you get used to the controls they are fantastic, and its really rewarding to fight.

One thing i've not seen anyone mention is the respawn anims, they are hilarious and i've not seen a repeated one yet. Things like a train going past and you climb out or Tutankhamun coffin come out the ground and you walk out like a zombie :).

It felt sometimes like i was playing infamous with the air vents you bounce off :).
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    I am quite worried about the sales of this game, i have 256 friends on xbox live, 60 of them are online right now, out of those 60 only 2 are playing SO, which seems really low for a big new release.

Everyone seems to be playing Destiny!

I will be buying it but I can't afford it yet, come at a rather shit time for me. I guess the game has niche appeal or everyone's skint and waiting for Halo instead.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be buying it but I can't afford it yet, come at a rather shit time for me. I guess the game has niche appeal or everyone's skint and waiting for Halo instead.

I've played it today, really good...

Can't open anymore xmas games
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so glad i bought this. This must be the best game i own on XBone by far. More enjoyable than forza, and the humour doesn't get annoying at all for me which i really did think it might. Like someone else said once you get used to the controls they are fantastic, and its really rewarding to fight.

One thing i've not seen anyone mention is the respawn anims, they are hilarious and i've not seen a repeated one yet. Things like a train going past and you climb out or Tutankhamun coffin come out the ground and you walk out like a zombie :).

It felt sometimes like i was playing infamous with the air vents you bounce off :).

The respawn animations are excellent and like you I am yet to see a repeat. My favourites so far are the Bill & Ted phone booth and the van full of OD that pull up and chuck you on the street.

I was wondering about the script and whether they even bothered or just wrote down a bunch of pop culture references and filled in the blanks.

I was a bit on the fence beforehand but I really like what I've played so far
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SO has debuted at #2 behind Fifa 14.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    End game spoilers below:
    Loved the ending! That skirmish in the square was intense and just goes on and on but was so much fun.

But the 'fake' ending was just what you would expect from this games humour. Credits roll with the hero dead after destroying the weapon to then have him walk on the screen and basically say that is a crap ending. He comes back to life and then the building is the end game boss which was hard but a lot of fun too with Fizzie taunting you the whole way. :D

Anyway, I've put about 15 hours into this game and that includs most of the side quests. But still a lot to do, haven't even touched the time trails nor found have all the stuff to make the amps or even tried multiplayer yet. This will no doubt keep me going for some time.

Overall it's a really fun game for those who haven't picked it up yet I really recommended it. It had me smiling a lot and quite a few laughs along the way,
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    I will definitely pick this up at some point, so I'm glad to see it's getting good reviews. Just a shame it's released in such a hectic period!
  • Alex_kingsleyAlex_kingsley Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Probably played an hour of it so far.....and I'm really not sure what I'm meant to be doing?
    Other than just talking to people and then killing ODs....
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I've played it today, really good...

Can't open anymore xmas games

Finally bought it the other day, enjoying it too. Not recommended for casuals, it's not what I would call an easy game and it has a pretty unintuitive control system (it was always Y or Triangle to grind on rails in Tony Hawk, pressing X just feels wrong to me!). I'm getting the hang of traversal though and sowly the combat on top. I feel if you got real good at this it would be a rush jumping around the whole city and shooting everything that comes your way.

Love the graphics, love the character customisation, weapons are fun, don't care for the music and the humour is ok, good at points not so good at others. I wouldn't say it's annoying though. Will be interesting to see how the game pans out and hopefully won't be bogged down with those "protect the base" tower-defence missions.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on the DLC for this? Considering the season pass. Only ever bought one season pass in the past before - for Bioshock unlimited (it was accidentally reduced to £4 during the Steam Summer Sale 2013!). I really love the game :blush:
  • Tictac2Tictac2 Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    I think I'm finally getting the hang of this game. Enjoying it immensely, but was getting a bit overwhelmed by the mod system (amps, overdrives, badges etc). It's all starting to make sense now.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Someone I follow on Twitch was streaming this this morning. It looks really good fun but I didn't expect all the swearing!
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    There is a profanity and gore filter in the game so you can choose turn them off if you wish.
  • MmmbopMmmbop Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only played it for an hour late last night after it finished installing. Not sure yet, so far the humour doesn't seem to my taste. Like the look of all the interesting guns you can get but as a poster said above, I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the amps and upgrades stuff at the minute. The controls seem fine to me but all the frantic moving about when fighting isn't my style so will have to get used to that.

Will have a session on it tonight after work and hopefully get more used to it. It was only the game I got as a free download with my console so if I don't like it then it's no big deal.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listen to the disembodied voice from Crackdown and "Dave Chapelle" and they'll tell you what you need to do.

Unlike other hack n slash games you can't plonk yourself in the middle of a group of OD and live to tell the tale. So the grinding, bouncing and flipping is actually essential for survival. Once you get the hang of it you will enjoy it more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Put another couple of hours in to it last night and starting to enjoy it now, the frantic pace is taking some getting used to still, I like to calmly go about my way in games but in this one you don't get a second to yourself! The humour is starting to get better too, the mission with the flushing the drains to get to the water factory had me laughing out loud (LOLing if you will).

How do you get more amps though? Do you have to collect so many of the shoes/toilet paper first or will whatever his name is just randomly call to help you defend the vats when he's making one again?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah you have to collect the toilet paper, shoes etc and once you've got enough of a certain type you can purchase an amp from the amp store. Next to that chaps store there is the amp store.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Yeah you have to collect the toilet paper, shoes etc and once you've got enough of a certain type you can purchase an amp from the amp store. Next to that chaps store there is the amp store.

Thanks, managed to buy a couple of the location maps from Two Hat Jack so went around collecting a load last night. Game has really grown on me, enjoying it now.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This game will be free to play for 24hrs tomorrow, bit on the fence with this one so hopefully if it downloads in time I can get to try it.