Options

Moments in Cartoons that moved you

AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know they're all funny drawings but are there any particular moments in cartoons that you thought were so life-like and sad?

There's one I can think of from Powerpuff Girls when the new sister they created disintegrated and Bubbles goes "We were the ones who were bad" and it zooms up. I thought that was quite sad and something I hadn't seen from a cartoon before.

Comments

• Options
    newda898newda898 Posts: 5,466
    Forum Member
    You just admitted to watching the Powerpuff girls? :eek:
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    In The Simpsons when Homer returned to work at the power plant, Mr Burns and Smithers left a plaque on the wall which said "Don’t forget: you’re here forever". Bart and Lisa then ask Homer what he's done with all of Maggie's pictures. Homer tells them they're in the one place where he needs them the most. The scene then cuts to his workplace with all of Maggie's pictures positioned around the plaque to alter it into saying "Do it for her."

So sweet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newda898 wrote: »
    You just admitted to watching the Powerpuff girls? :eek:

And? I know a few boys who watched it.
  • Options
    TMLS313TMLS313 Posts: 3,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Powerpuff what?????????

Willy Fogg getting back and thinking he hadn't made it got me.
  • Options
    jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    In The Simpsons when Homer returned to work at the power plant, Mr Burns and Smithers left a plaque on the wall which said "Don’t forget: you’re here forever". Bart and Lisa then ask Homer what he's done with all of Maggie's pictures. Homer tells them they're in the one place where he needs them the most. The scene then cuts to his workplace with all of Maggie's pictures positioned around the plaque to alter it into saying "Do it for her."

So sweet.

There's loads of stuff from The Simpsons which is very moving.
    Can't think of any other cartoons with much emotion though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 335
    Forum Member

So sweet.

Thats the one I was thinking of when I read this - very moving!
  • Options
    Paper DollPaper Doll Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grave of the Fireflies is the most moving film I have ever seen and it's a cartoon.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The moment in Thundercats, where Jaga sets the ship on an collision course with Third Earth, and there isn't enough escape pods for him. The fact that he will die, while the others will live, still haunts me to this very day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    The bit in 'The Lion King' when Simba's Dad dies and Simba's eyes well up with tears and he cries! That bit always makes me cry in the film and I've watched it loads of times! Lol!

There are a lot of bits in the Simpsons that have touched me like in the episode where Homer is telling the story of Bart, Lisa and Maggie's first words and at the end of the episode Homer is talking to Maggie in her cot before she goes to bed and he says something like 'I wonder what your first word would be Maggie'. Then after he's left the room, Maggie takes her dummy out of her mouth and whispers 'Daddy'.

Its SO sweet and touching and kind of sad in a way, cause you know that Homer will never find out that her first word was 'Daddy' cause she will never say it again. My fav episode of all time!
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The end of 'When the Wind Blows'.

Two old people preparing for a nuclear bomb using a government guideline pamphlet.

The ending was not what I was expecting at all.

I've just found it on youtube, it's in several parts.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdguWMF1abU
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    jamespondo wrote: »
    There's loads of stuff from The Simpsons which is very moving.
    Can't think of any other cartoons with much emotion though.
    I always found the ending of the 'Homer's Mother' episode of The Simpsons quite moving, where Homer helps her escape, and you just see him sitting on the bonnet of his car, looking up into the sky.... with some solemn music playing.
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Futurama, when Fry decides not to clone his dog because he thinks it probably would have forgotten him after all that time, and then at the end you see that the dog had waited outside Fry's work place till the day he died - in the snow, rain, hail and storm. Oh man :(
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bambi
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YES!
    Bambi!

Willey Coyote.
    Such cruelty.
    I hated Road Runner and Acme.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    Briiiiiiiight Eeeeeeyes burning like fire... etc. etc. :cry::D
  • Options
    phil_rocksphil_rocks Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    powerpuff girls lol haha
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nitpick wrote: »
    Briiiiiiiight Eeeeeeyes burning like fire... etc. etc. :cry::D

Oh NO!
    :eek:
    Don't remind me about the rabbits ....

Thought of another one ... here's your clue

Baby mine, don't you cry
    Baby mine, dry your eyes
    Rest your head close to my heart
    Never to part, baby of mine
    Little one when you play
    Don't you mind what you say
    Let those eyes sparkle and shine
    Never a tear, baby of mine
    If they knew sweet little you
    They'd end up loving you too
    All those same people who scold you
    What they'd give just for
    The right to hold you
    From your head to your toes
    You're not much, goodness knows
    But you're so precious to me
    Cute as can be, baby of mine
    :cry:
  • Options
    Jimmy RiddleJimmy Riddle Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lion King was sad when Mufasa died, also a film called Animalympics had a sad song about a goat that was marathon runner that gave up on love to chase a medal which he won then realized it was all for nothing, the medal was all he had.

Just read that back, sounds like I'm on acid.
  • Options
    jimbojonesjimbojones Posts: 4,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two Stupid Dogs when they found a toilet seat and both wanted it, the bigger one gave this really moving speech as to why he shoould have it :(:cry::cry:
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member

So sweet.

Totally agree with that. :) Lovely moment. There are many sweet/emotional moments in the Simpsons.

The episode of Pokémon - "Gotta Catch Ya Later" from the 5th season "Master Quest" when Ash has to leave his friends Misty and Brock and start a new journey. The initial parting of Ash and Misty is so sad, as we finally learn how the pair feel about each other - and its because of Misty's bike that they met and became friends.

Misty's Goodbye song to Ash

Goodbye
    Funny how thats such a hard thing to say
    Now its time to let go but
    Never thought that I'd feel this way
    Promised not to be sad but
    We both knew I was lyin'
    Gotta fight back the tears 'cause
    Can't let you see my cryin'
    You're more than just my best friend
    What makes me misty of all
    In our final curtain call
    Is knowin' that I won't
    See you....
    Again

:cry::cry::cry::(:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    Paper Doll wrote: »
    Grave of the Fireflies is the most moving film I have ever seen and it's a cartoon.

That's what came to mind when I saw the title. I cried so much:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one of mine was in Dexter's Laboratory (another Cartoon Network show!) when they buried their pet gold fish. While that episode did have some good jokes it did touch on a situation a lot of children have to go through.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember the first time i saw Walt Disneys "Mickey's Christmas Carol".There is a scene where Mickey Mouse who's character is Bob Cratchit is standing at Tiny Tims grave.There is some sad music playing & Mickey sheds a tear & puts Tiny Tims crutch next to the grave.Even to this day i still find the scene sad :(
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Totally agree with that. :) Lovely moment. There are many sweet/emotional moments in the Simpsons.

There are, but that particular moment stands out for me. It's one of my favourite scenes of all time - it gives me a lump in the throat thinking about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChloChlo7 wrote: »
    The bit in 'The Lion King' when Simba's Dad dies and Simba's eyes well up with tears and he cries! That bit always makes me cry in the film and I've watched it loads of times! Lol!

I almost thought no one had mentioned that then!

Makes me so sad :(