Options

Pobol Y Cwm

Comments

• Options
    welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    I liked reading that
    I forgot about Clive when him and Yvonne use to speak in English I use to think WOW lol
  • Options
    sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Basilbird thanks for the info great as always. Not sure that I agree about the sexy D.I. Williams bit though lol.

Why is Garry so unconcerned with who actually set the fire? All he seems to care about is framing his "enemies".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gary with D.I. williams is making me feel sick
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    welshsarah wrote: »
    gary with D.I. williams is making me feel sick

Yeh it's horrible :mad:
  • Options
    BasilbirdBasilbird Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    sderr123 wrote: »
    Basilbird thanks for the info great as always. Not sure that I agree about the sexy D.I. Williams bit though lol.

Why is Garry so unconcerned with who actually set the fire? All he seems to care about is framing his "enemies".

"Y fod en joc" (it's a joke - the D.I.Williams part!). I can't believe how easily she was taken in by him. Unless, of course, it's a cunning plan to arrest him for something else!

See... that's "Garry logic" all over again. The "guilty party" is whoever wronged Garry. Not the actual person responsible for the fire. Makes perfect sense... to him!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you know if although it is a Welsh language soap, do the cast members offscreen speak in their native tongue or use english
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you know if although it is a Welsh language soap, do the cast members offscreen speak in their native tongue or use english

I would imagine, like most other Welsh speakers, it depends where they are. If they live in Welsh speaking area and their family is Welsh speaking they would speak Welsh. But if they are interacting with non-Welsh speakers, they'd speak English.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am loving Pobol Y Cwm, my fave characters so far has to be Eileen, Colin and absolutely love Anti Marion
    I really loved her searching for the custard powder last Tuesday.
    I have noticed that BBC Iplayer does not always have subtitles when someone is speaking and S4C is more reliable
  • Options
    linc52linc52 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am loving Pobol Y Cwm, my fave characters so far has to be Eileen, Colin and absolutely love Anti Marion
    I really loved her searching for the custard powder last Tuesday.
    I have noticed that BBC Iplayer does not always have subtitles when someone is speaking and S4C is more reliable

s4c is very reliable thats where we watch
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am still puzzled as to why Garry Monk is still reluctant to visit Britt. Ironically the only time he went to see her was the time Danni turned up and spilled the beans. Part of me thinks that Britt will be able to see what a liar Garry is and knows Garry was behind the fire somehow.
    I can`t wait til it`s discovered about the relationship between DCI Williams and Garry. I still don`t know who is using who. And why did the police take Yvonnes scarf and gloves away with them? To plant DNA evidence?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wavlovr wrote: »
    I am still puzzled as to why Garry Monk is still reluctant to visit Britt. Ironically the only time he went to see her was the time Danni turned up and spilled the beans. Part of me thinks that Britt will be able to see what a liar Garry is and knows Garry was behind the fire somehow.
    I can`t wait til it`s discovered about the relationship between DCI Williams and Garry. I still don`t know who is using who. And why did the police take Yvonnes scarf and gloves away with them? To plant DNA evidence?

Garry won't see Britt because he knows he is responsible for Brandon's death. Either he actually set the fire or he knows he is morally responsible for it. Garry is a lot of things but he is not stupid. He knows on some level his abusive behavior got Brandon killed.

I think that Garry planted the hat and gloves. That is what I think he was doing last week when Gwyneth and Yvonne were at the Deri.

DI Williams is a hag. I got the impression she knows that Garry planted the evidence against Yvonne.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    aunti maron searching for custard powder is this a start for a new story
  • Options
    will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aunti maron searching for custard powder is this a start for a new story

Is Anti Marion about to get Alzheimers??
    :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really hope not
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chwaraeteg wrote: »
    There were a lot of elderly people at the very beginning as many scenes were set in an old people's home. Fond memories of the wonderful Harri Parri and Magi'r Post and Mr Tushingham.

I had hopes for a story line for Sion's Dad then he disappeared to South Africa, returned and then went again.

Apart from his flirtations with Aunty Marian he had some complex problems with Sion and really good relationships with the boys.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    I had hopes for a story line for Sion's Dad then he disappeared to South Africa, returned and then went again.

Apart from his flirtations with Aunty Marian he had some complex problems with Sion and really good relationships with the boys.

Oh, I had forgotten about him. Yes... they need to bring him back, if only for the holidays. Not that I want any more stress for Sion but it would be good for Macs and Huw, especially
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is Sioned up to with Marian? Does she really have a memory problem or is it all Sioned?

In real life how old does Huw have to be to join the army without his Dad's permission? If he is still 16 its a year before he could do anything right.

And does anyone else think it was very unrealistic that Macs is suddenly enthusiastic to spend more time at school?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i find macs is spending more time at school
    and with debbie going to france do you think anything happen between mark and elieen ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i find macs is spending more time at school
    and with debbie going to france do you think anything happen between mark and elieen ?

Mark wants something to happen. I don't know of it did tonight, I haven't seen the episode yet

I know Macs is spending more time at school. I thought his big breakthrough was admitting to Sioned he didn't want to be at school. Now he is fine with school, its as if nothing ever happened. All his problems were magically solved by one conversation with Sioned. A little too unbelievable for me.

Is Sioned going to do a complete turn around too? She is going to go from ultra supportive girlfriend to uber bitch trying to convince Marian she is losing it.
  • Options
    linc52linc52 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poor mark
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hope she dont do that to aunti marion
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hope she dont do that to aunti marion

I hope not either. I think she might be trying to get back at aunti marion for not loaning her money.

It seems a little bi-polar to me these big emotional shifts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know Macs is spending more time at school. I thought his big breakthrough was admitting to Sioned he didn't want to be at school. Now he is fine with school, its as if nothing ever happened. All his problems were magically solved by one conversation with Sioned. A little too unbelievable for me.

Same here. Also, it's such a small village yet no one has been seen gossiping about what poor Macs has been through or actually showing any interest in how he is. Does Huw even know? I think something else has to happen in this storyline - surely they've invested too much in it to just let it fizzle out?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Same here. Also, it's such a small village yet no one has been seen gossiping about what poor Macs has been through or actually showing any interest in how he is. Does Huw even know? I think something else has to happen in this storyline - surely they've invested too much in it to just let it fizzle out?

Sez_babe the whole thing just screams deliberate soap opera plot contrivance.

Macs storyline was so realistic and well researched and the current resolution is so false and unbelievable that it just makes no sense.

Surely if they wanted to end Macs story, the court could have sent him to therapy. In real life if you end up court because you have a ptsd trauma reaction and punch someone that is what would happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sez_babe the whole thing just screams deliberate soap opera plot contrivance.

Macs storyline was so realistic and well researched and the current resolution is so false and unbelievable that it just makes no sense.

Surely if they wanted to end Macs story, the court could have sent him to therapy. In real life if you end up court because you have a ptsd trauma reaction and punch someone that is what would happen.

Yeh definately. Didn't he mention going to see a counsellor to Sioned and then admitted that he didn't go? I can't remember.

I just hope the writers will remember about the storyline soon!
This discussion has been closed.