Comments

• legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually America, Obama declared everyone is welcome
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the sort of thing I was talking about earlier. People are quite rightly concerned about the government having access to information because of how they might use it in the future, but they'll happy hand over data - including opting into even more services - to private companies without knowing how they're going to use it. I include myself in this, by the way

Google Drive is a good example. I don't know if they've changed it, but when the service launched, the terms included a WORLDWIDE LICENCE for Google to use any of your stuff in any way they saw fit. You are literally giving away your content to them by using their cloud service. (Dropbox, for comparison, does not include any such licence.)

Of course, this isn't just Google by any means.
    This is often claimed, for all manner of services, but rarely true. In most cases, including Googles, the licence referred to is explicitly for the sole purpose of providing the services to you.

Back on topic, just installed the 4.2 version of Google now. Recommendations for Photo sites working well, waiting on see what news and movie cards come up.