Options

The Matt Cardle Appreciation Thread (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    wkdstepmotherwkdstepmother Posts: 6,563
    Forum Member
    Dutch girl wrote: »
    Hello lovely people,

YESSSSSSSS!
    Just returned from watching at a friends house, we both cried at his 1st performance of the winner's single. Love it, love him, absolutely amazing. He did look like he was about to collapse at the end though, he needs some serious resting to get well but ain't gonna get any soon I suppose...

Question:): being in Holland, I can unfortunately not download any of the iTunes performances nor the winner's single.

Would anyone be willing to help me get those if I send you over my address + money? Will be eternally grateful!

xx
    Tarlon wrote: »
    Winners of the voting each week announced

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHt7MNs4D7M

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

just rewatched whole show - FF over everyone elses performances (though did watch a bit if Rebeccas sweet dreams which was incredible) and I have to say he was un****ingbelievable tonight - even Firework when I watched it back was great. He is so humble and yet so amazingly talented at the same time. His single is fantastic both the single and the live version and its like real music in that the emotion in the live version makes up for the vocal not being quite so good - both stunning

The whole thing just finished off by the look on SC's face when he realised Matt basicially won the whole show and his wand boys were nowhere near him.

Best. Night. Ever. as Sam would say.

can't wait for tomorrow - working at home - woo woo

the single has more than 1,000 reviews already on IT
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    Hi folks, I don't normally post in AT's but wanted to say well done, I'm really pleased for you all.

I'm also delighted so [highlight]*~*CHEERS*~*[/highlight]:)

CHEERS :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mitacond wrote: »
    No ~Simon would not dare and that is not your ordinary winner he has already got Simon to change the winners single format because he wanted to bring in some credibility to the whole thing; no way would they have allowed them to do that before; Matt will be doing originals that has been selttled;)

Poppin in after a nite celebrating Matt's WIN in my local-loads texting/ringing/facebooking me to say congrats..they know i've championed Matt from the moment I set eyes & ears on him!!! This is very personal ha ha...believed in him!!!

I'm so proud of you Matt...I just am so happy,the right man won..I knew he'd be top most weeks,didn't realise every
    week bar one when my lovely Mary smashed it!!

Matt is no ordinary winner....Mita thank you so much for your positivity,Ive studied your posts..among about 6 of u, and me, plus Ali...believed ALWAYS that he would win...in my case it was nothing only me waters/psychic abliltiy to see Dermot calling his name ha ha!!;););)

anyway I'm tired & emotional..I'll see you all tomo for the Monday celebration...night night!!xx
  • Options
    bokononbokonon Posts: 2,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mita, you have been the bedrock of positivity since I joined this thread and I take my hat off to you. You rock :D:D

Yeah, Mita rocks... and so does everybody else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bokonon wrote: »
    Yeah, Mita rocks... and so does everybody else.

Well, we'll all be rocking to more of Matt's music soon!! How cool is that. :):)
  • Options
    bokononbokonon Posts: 2,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crikey I have to get up in the morning and go to bed but another thing to say I am quite glad it was closeish at the end. It makes me feel slightly less ridiculous for piling up the votes today and again when the show was on.

Mind you have a look at the figures for the semis when we al went into multiple voting overdrive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Night everyone :yawn: Off to bed now as suffering from nervous exaustion and can't see page anymore. :yawn::yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't it fitting the way Matt ended his x factor series of performances...going down onto his knees and belting that note out for all he was worth despite his throat issues....amazing...I'm a guy and I welled up:o Just showed how much he wanted it....cant stop playing the song...

Loved it...passion, absolute love of music, emotional, striving to overcome all the odds..beating the system if you think about it...none of the judges gave him a thing..& in the face of that the guy had self belief & love of what he does,,even tho he didn't think he had any..

It's been amazing..Hitting the proverbial hay early Tarlon..listening to YT of Matt's winners single..Beats All!!

Chat tomo :cool::cool:xx
  • Options
    TarlonTarlon Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good 'copy' of the last 8 minutes of the show tonight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNMvyBaE96Y
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right everyone what a lovely phenominal end for Matt he was so pleased it was has if he has set himself a goal, and had actually achieved the goal. Matt I might suggest has many of these goals and will achieve them; however I think he is a legend an absolute legend. Matt we love you oh yes we do;)
    I am off to bed feeling so thrilled for Matt and his family and supporters like us who have has such faith in Matt - this is making me cry -

Nite Nite everyone sweet Matt dreams

mita
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Night mita and foxy xxx:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt cant remember anything...so full of steroids for his throat...set to earn 5 mill in next year and to be given an airing on the US X Factor...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3273049/X-Factor-final-Matt-Cardle-beats-Rebecca-Ferguson.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DenJ wrote: »

Nite Den
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    Matt cant remember anything...so full of steroids for his throat...set to earn 5 mill in next year and to be given an airing on the US X Factor...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3273049/X-Factor-final-Matt-Cardle-beats-Rebecca-Ferguson.html

Aww what a shame he had to be medicated so much to make it through :( He's going to do very well and its great that he'll get the chance to appear on the U.S. version of X Factor.

I especially like this part of the article

In the eighth week he got more votes than both One Direction and Rebecca Ferguson combined :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww what a shame he had to be medicated so much to make it through :( He's going to do very well and its great that he'll get the chance to appear on the U.S. version of X Factor.

I especially like this part of the article

In the eighth week he got more votes than both One Direction and Rebecca Ferguson combined :D[/QUOTE

I know...I really think he will do very well...be nice if he formed a band with guys from Darwyn or seven summers that he still gets on well with after his solo commitments are through.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    foxylox wrote: »
    Loved it...passion, absolute love of music, emotional, striving to overcome all the odds..beating the system if you think about it...none of the judges gave him a thing..& in the face of that the guy had self belief & love of what he does,,even tho he didn't think he had any..

It's been amazing..Hitting the proverbial hay early Tarlon..listening to YT of Matt's winners single..Beats All!!

Chat tomo :cool::cool:xx

Catch ya soon foxy...missed you 2nite;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    I agree Tarlon that it would be great if he could use his band mates in the future.

I'm not impressed with Cher :rolleyes: http://boomnews.info/x-factor-2010-final-cher-lloyd-snubs-matt-cardles-x-factor-triumph/
  • Options
    off the pageoff the page Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Ok, so I'm a few hours late, but so so pleased that our boy won.

And glad too that Rebecca was in the final - he won against a worthy competitor.

So much to say.
    A good 'copy' of the last 8 minutes of the show tonight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNMvyBaE96Y

Just love the Maiden moment in this - I had tears too.
    bokonon wrote: »
    By far the best thing about tonight was it felt like we had the old Matt back on Many of Horror.

I totally agree. I'd not heard the song before, but it sounds like something that the Dave Matthews Band could have done, and is obviously something that Matt is happy to sing (even if it's a cover ;) ).

I actually thought that when he sang it at the end of the show, it was like a taste of things to come - he was just that bit more relaxed without the pressure of the competition, and I noticed he closed his eyes a fair bit, where he was enjoying and getting into the song. Made me feel so happy for him.
    Winners of the voting each week announced

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHt7MNs4D7M

The expression on Dannii's face. She obviously couldn't have known and looks so chuffed.
    An easy to read guide to the voting just to further bask in Matt's glory:

Week 10 - Freeze 1
    Matt 39.92%
    Rebecca 25.71%
    One Direction 18.54%
    Cher 15.83%

Week 10 - Freeze 2
    Matt 39.83%
    Rebecca 32.80%
    One Direction 20.72%
    Cher 6.65% FROZEN

I think his sore throat really affected the voting. You can see that after Cher got voted off, his proportion of the vote did not increase (although obviously the numbers would have done). Cher's votes went mainly to Rebecca, but also 1D.

I reckon a lot of on-the-night viewers/voters might have wondered what quite so much of the fuss was about. As opposed to the way that he wiped the floor with everyone over the previous weeks.

Oh, and this:
    I'm also really grateful not to have made the Cardle journey alone. This is a really supportive place and I want to say thank you to all the lovely souls who keep it that way.:):):)

Even though I don't post much, this place has been such a great place to visit last thing at night. Thank you to everyone for being so lovely, positive, interesting, and also for the occasional forays into filth.

Hopefully I might regain some of my life back (there's revolution breaking out on the streets - while I'm watching the telly!) - but this thread has become such essential reading, I think I'll only regain it if everyone stops posting!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,950
    Forum Member
    I agree Tarlon that it would be great if he could use his band mates in the future.

I'm not impressed with Cher :rolleyes: http://boomnews.info/x-factor-2010-final-cher-lloyd-snubs-matt-cardles-x-factor-triumph/

People on the MF have said they saw her talking to Matt's parents on Xtra... just the DM making more drama ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After the nerves and the subsequent adrenalin rush....is hoping I have had enough beer to sleep well tonight....hiccup:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, so I'm a few hours late, but so so pleased that our boy won.

And glad too that Rebecca was in the final - he won against a worthy competitor.

So much to say.

Just love the Maiden moment in this - I had tears too.

I totally agree. I'd not heard the song before, but it sounds like something that the Dave Matthews Band could have done, and is obviously something that Matt is happy to sing (even if it's a cover ;) ).

I actually thought that when he sang it at the end of the show, it was like a taste of things to come - he was just that bit more relaxed without the pressure of the competition, and I noticed he closed his eyes a fair bit, where he was enjoying and getting into the song. Made me feel so happy for him.

The expression on Dannii's face. She obviously couldn't have known and looks so chuffed.

I think his sore throat really affected the voting. You can see that after Cher got voted off, his proportion of the vote did not increase (although obviously the numbers would have done). Cher's votes went mainly to Rebecca, but also 1D.

I reckon a lot of on-the-night viewers/voters might have wondered what quite so much of the fuss was about. As opposed to the way that he wiped the floor with everyone over the previous weeks.

Oh, and this:

Even though I don't post much, this place has been such a great place to visit last thing at night. Thank you to everyone for being so lovely, positive, interesting, and also for the occasional forays into filth.

Hopefully I might regain some of my life back (there's revolution breaking out on the streets - while I'm watching the telly!) - but this thread has become such essential reading, I think I'll only regain it if everyone stops posting!

Agree...also Rebecca's tears which were genuine, shes a lovely girl and will do well...may have got her some extra votes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm off to bed.....night, night all

PS MATT won the X Factor 2010 !!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nite matadore...yeah dont we know it...sleep wellx
This discussion has been closed.