Comments

• Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    Don't you think it is better not to rush into marriage

Possibly.
    But bear in mind that they have already rushed into having a baby, which in my mind, is way more of a lifetime commitment than a wedding.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    I think the days of having to get married before a baby is born are over, even for those with old fashioned family values.

If a person constantly tells you they have a set of values then they should live by that set of values ...not pick n choose the ones they like to fit what they want..you either have them or dont
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't have to get married to have a happy long lasting relationship, and you don't have to marry someone to prove your are committed to them for life. :) (and you can get married and cheat/ be cheated on)
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Surely you mean "my good pals Madge and Wazza"?;)

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    You don't have to get married to have a happy long lasting relationship, and you don't have to marry someone to prove your are committed to them for life. :) (and you can get married and cheat/ be cheated on)

I agree but the point is what do we need to know for. Its disrespectful to Emily to tell the world you have no plans to marry. I bet she feels so special carrying his baby and all.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did he actually bring up the subject of marriage? I haven't been here for a couple of weeks so missed a lot

There is nothing wrong at all with having a child and not being worried about marriage but why mention it at all?
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Possibly.
    But bear in mind that they have already rushed into having a baby, which in my mind, is way more of a lifetime commitment than a wedding.
    If a person constantly tells you they have a set of values then they should live by that set of values ...not pick n choose the ones they like to fit what they want..you either have them or dont
    Badcat wrote: »

Again, it's not really about the rights and wrongs of marriage with someone like him, is it?

This is the same script as the Kp relationship, although I suspect the price tags are smaller.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Again, it's not really about the rights and wrongs of marriage with someone like him, is it?

This is the same script as the Kp relationship, although I suspect the price tags are smaller.

My point was Andre keeps telling us how old fashioned he is and how he wants to take his time with this relationship and do it "right" having a baby with someone you don't even live with not old fashioned at all..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Precisely.
    It doesn't matter a jot to me whether people get married or not.
    But it's clearly an issue for PA - particularly given the amount of wittering he's been doing about "doing things properly" and how "different" things are this time.
    goldiloks wrote: »
    I agree but the point is what do we need to know for. Its disrespectful to Emily to tell the world you have no plans to marry. I bet she feels so special carrying his baby and all.
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Did he actually bring up the subject of marriage? I haven't been here for a couple of weeks so missed a lot

There is nothing wrong at all with having a child and not being worried about marriage but why mention it at all?

Exactly.
    It's just PA all over.
    He does the pathetic "tummy patting" thing, which has the effect he was intending - masses of speculation - and then he "grudgingly" responds to the speculation HE caused, by announcing that the blessed Emily is indeed carrying the Spawn of Andre.

It does seem that the only person who is pushing the engagement/marriage issue is PA himself - by going on about the fact that he's not going to do it (yet).
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member

That's kind of how I feel, it's not the fact their not getting married, it's purely down to him feeling he had to tell the world.
    Blondie X wrote: »

I think he mentioned it in his column or somewhere that he wasn't in a rush to marry her, hence all the speculation as to why not.
    He'd have been far better saying nothing but saying nothing doesn't give him the column inches he so desperately craves;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Precisely.
    It doesn't matter a jot to me whether people get married or not.
    But it's clearly an issue for PA - particularly given the amount of wittering he's been doing about "doing things properly" and how "different" things are this time.

Exactly.
    It's just PA all over.
    He does the pathetic "tummy patting" thing, which has the effect he was intending - masses of speculation - and then he "grudgingly" responds to the speculation HE caused, by announcing that the blessed Emily is indeed carrying the Spawn of Andre.

It does seem that the only person who is pushing the engagement/marriage issue is PA himself - by going on about the fact that he's not going to do it (yet).

This is why it is important that this is seen as a "happy accident". It was only May he was banging on about wanting more kids. And lo, did the Sainted One not fall pregnant within a moment of that. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I know the adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" but the CAN repertoire is more repetitive than Neighbours and their legendary plot recycling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is why it is important that this is seen as a "happy accident". It was only May he was banging on about wanting more kids. And lo, did the Sainted One not fall pregnant within a moment of that. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I know the adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" but the CAN repertoire is more repetitive than Neighbours and their legendary plot recycling.

Or did he know she was pregnant already so was paving the way for their announcement... By saying he wanted more kids just before they announce it ..it makes them look happy it's happened
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or did he know she was pregnant already so was paving the way for their announcement... By saying he wanted more kids just before they announce it ..it makes them look happy it's happened

Oh I think he knew alright.
    He seems to forget what he's said almost the minute it's out of his mouth.
    One minute they are "taking things slowly/doing it properly" blah, blah blah, and the next minute, she's pregnant by a "happy accident" and poor PA is being forced to deny that he won't be proposing (until they've done a mega-bucks deal with some crappy magazine or another).
    ARSE.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's kind of how I feel, it's not the fact their not getting married, it's purely down to him feeling he had to tell the world.

I think he mentioned it in his column or somewhere that he wasn't in a rush to marry her, hence all the speculation as to why not.
    He'd have been far better saying nothing but saying nothing doesn't give him the column inches he so desperately craves;)

Not exactly endearing himself to the in-laws is he.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not exactly endearing himself to the in-laws is he.

If the stories about them are true ..they might be doing a massive sigh of relief that he isn't in a rush to marry her..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She might be the one who doesn't want to get married - she may be the one stalling and he is trying to save one of his faces.
  • Options
    hunniebunhunniebun Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has made his little home video to say that the 'article' about him not proposing - missed out the word 'yet'
    But wasn't it his 'column' - his own words - (the only place where he says his fans should believe whats written) where he said said there was no truth in the rumours saying he was going to propose?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hunniebun wrote: »
    He has made his little home video to say that the 'article' about him not proposing - missed out the word 'yet'
    But wasn't it his 'column' - his own words - (the only place where he says his fans should believe whats written) where he said said there was no truth in the rumours saying he was going to propose?

Maybe he has read the comments in the DM ..and decided to add the Yet so he stops getting slated ;)
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe he has read the comments in the DM ..and decided to add the Yet so he stops getting slated ;)

either him or the wifi is working at the CAN barn:D I doubt if he reads DS after all, he has someone to do most things for him. I do wonder if his DJ brother keeps an eye on forums for him etc -

Just my opinion - I have no proof of this.
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    cazzz wrote: »
    either him or the wifi is working at the CAN barn:D

Nick my line!
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    Nick my line!

haha I new you were watching:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree Betty
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    I agree Betty

Thank you... I just don't get how he is allowed to change the goal posts
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bigger the cheque the bigger the wedding. Maybe no mags have got their pens out yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barneyboy wrote: »
    The bigger the cheque the bigger the wedding. Maybe no mags have got their pens out yet.

If he is doing everything different this time ..he won't sell it to a mag..surely...and anyway so far he hasn't..he got Katie pregnant and then married her...
This discussion has been closed.