Options

Loose Women facing a panel shake-up or getting a new format?

Comments

• Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    No wonder Jane left - did they even say it was the last show in the series?! See all you guys in September for the new series! :cool:
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Does Nicole realise she is singing to a bunch of women over the age of 60, they won't be raving along :p

Quite sad its over :( At least I won't get jealous of people sitting in my seat until September :p

Thanks for the entertainment over the past few months, its been a laugh!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Does Nicole realise she is singing to a bunch of women over the age of 60, they won't be raving along :p

Quite sad its over :( At least I won't get jealous of people sitting in my seat until September :p

Thanks for the entertainment over the past few months, its been a laugh!

LOL did you see them trying to clap along? They could barely raise their fat arms.

I am too, the show has much improved in the last year :(

Too right, this thread has been great and was only started when all these changes were made :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sunny B wrote: »
    LOL did you see them trying to clap along? They could barely raise their fat arms.

I am too, the show has much improved in the last year :(

Too right, this thread has been great and was only started when all these changes were made :cool:

It was hilariously funny :p

I am enjoying it, but I do miss the fun element, although it slowly is returning, I'd like to see a few of them come back, I will do an end of series report cos I can ;)

I have sat here reading through a few times cracking up
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Based on today's performance they should give Andrea the boot too, she's been appalling!

They should, she's generally dreadful. They should send her back to doing the weather, that was about her capability limit. I think her problem is that she just tries 'too hard' and ultimately comes across as being a bit fake.
    Janet is brilliant :D

I must admit, the thing I'm going to miss more about Loose :):)Women this summer is this thread, its a fantastic laugh!

Yes she is! And that's all that needs saying about her. :)
    The whole show has been diabolical today. Two naff singers publicising their even naffer albums, and slimy bloody da Campo to look forward to. :o

I have had my TV on mute for most of the programme. I always enjoyed Jane Macdonald belting out a song in the last show of the series.

No way will I be watching ITV at the same time next week. He's just beyond irritating.
    No wonder Jane left - did they even say it was the last show in the series?! See all you guys in September for the new series! :cool:

I wonder if it'll be back, hope it is, although minus Jamelia and (no) Klass obviously! :D
    It was hilariously funny :p

I am enjoying it, but I do miss the fun element, although it slowly is returning, I'd like to see a few of them come back, I will do an end of series report cos I can ;)

I have sat here reading through a few times cracking up

Please do, will look forward to that. You might want to cc the show producers too! ;-)
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have a been a lot of laughs at but not alone with this series. I really hope over the Summer they can work on sorting a proper rota out for pannelists and watch back at the shows and see how having stupid camera angles and have exterior sets do not work. Loose Women has always been at its best when its light and you feel like you want to be friends with the pannelists rather then having some you love and some you hate. The reason Zoe Tyler and Lesley Garrett went was because they were not strong enough but we now have people like Jamelia and even Andrew now who are exactly like them and the audience are not warming to them yet they have stayed. I also think they need to work on the guests and go back to having celebrities such as Biggins, Barrowman, Joan Collins who are all part of the LW guest book and are media trained rather then having people will real stories who the pannelists can not all warm to and so you end up having Janet/Jane leading the interview with the others sitting in silence.

When Lisa Maxwell left and said she did not like that the fun had gone I did not believe her but all these months on I really can see that now
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »
    Based on today's performance they should give Andrea the boot too, she's been appalling!

Its always really awkward when she tries to respond to jokes in a serious way and it falls flat. Good example today, when Janet was talking about tackling obesity by putting turnstiles at the entrance of a supermarket and if you're too fat you can't get in. Andrea then piped up with the argument that it should be at fast food restaurants because people need to get into the supermarket to buy their fresh food.

Moving the show forward, they've got a good team in place, they just need to sort it over the summer and get rid of panelists that aren't needed and create more of a staple team, as it used to be with Jackie/Andrea, Coleen, Carol and Jane, with a few recognisable faces working around them (Denise, Sherrie etc). If they then look at the content and keep the topical debate but allow more light and shade, then maybe they can get it back on track next year. I'd go with Kaye and Ruth as main anchors, with Coleen, Jane and Nadia as the main panelists. Use Linda, Sherrie and Janet to accommodate days off/one show each per week and that would be more than enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The report everyone wanted to read ;)

New Features;
    Voting Pads - wasn't the worst feature, seemed a reasonable enough idea.
    Audience 'gifts' - I liked this idea, another way of testing out what the audience thinks.
    Sofa - GET RID, GET RID, GET RID, its truly awful.
    The guests walking through the audience high fiving everyone - NO, NO, NO, NO please don't, I remember Ricky Wilson regretting coming on the show having to high five the old women :p
    The guests mysteriously appearing - Not the worst idea, but I wish they'd bring back the loose lounge and the guests walking through the walkway, when I went to Loose Women all the girls and the two guests walked through that walkway to get to the desk, it was really good that way.
    Going outside for an ice cream/relay race/cocktail - OMG this was bad, seriously bad, it was like they wanted to find the feature that fit in the least.

Permanent Panellists;
    Kaye Adams - Really like her being back, shes funny and a professional host - 8/10
    Ruth Langsford - Again I'm loving her being on full time, shes a lovely lady and is a great host too - 8/10
    Carol Vorderman - For me Carol always lacked something, but ever since she has only been appearing rarely I have really enjoyed her, but she won't be back. 610
    Andrea McLean - Oh Andrea, I wasn't ever against her, she was perfectly fine, but ever since this show got its revamp, she has seemed extremely incapable of presenting the show, I'm just so glad I didn't go on a day she was hosting! Can't see her going anywhere now though :( 3/10

Jane Moore - I've got nothing bad to say about her, but I've got nothing good really to say, she seems a bit forgettable? 6/10
    Coleen Nolan - Was so happy when Coleen was announced to be returning, I didn't expect it due to her slagging off the show when she left, she has lived up to expectation, shes been funny, shes been informal, certainly in my top 5. 9/10
    Nadia Sawalha - Couldn't really stand her before hand, but shes been rather good this series, so happy to have her on the panel! 7/10
    Sherrie Hewson - I wasn't fussed with Sherrie until I went to see it, now she has to stay, shes hilarious and to be honest, shes the only bit of fun left really. 8/10
    Shobna Gulati - I really like Shobna, but shes been wasted for most of the series, can't say I'd miss her massively. 6/10
    Linda Robson - Previously they wasted her a lot, but this series they've started using her as much as they should, she is the perfect panellist IMO 9/10
    Janet Street Porter - Amazing, I previously didn't like her, but she has been amazing and so shady against Myleene and Me Personally, she has been brilliant. 9/10
    Sally Lindsay - Has she even appeared more than once this year? She is possibly the least common regular in the history of television! 1/10 (one for every episode she appeared in)

Now for the terror three.
    Scrappy Doo - Thank god this woman left, she was annoying, pointless and just overall a shit panellist, no loss here. - 1/10
    Little Miss Lazy Eye - Myleene Klass, you're as stiff as brass, as interesting as grass and I wish you'd just go and piss off to France. (Sorry France.) -7000000/10
    Me Personally - Well personally me, I don't like Jamelia, me personally my problem with her is just how self obsessed she is :p she isn't as bad as Myleene, but god shes awful. 0/10

Guest Panellists (god theres more than I thought)
    Claire Richards - Claire has been a breath of fresh air, I was dreading her coming on, but I'm so glad that she has been on so much, surely shes a regular now? 9/10
    Pam StClement - Pammy, didn't add too much, but was nice enough. 6/10
    Jo Joyner - I really liked Jo, I wish she'd come back! 7/10
    Katie Price - Awful, truly awful. 0/10 (One for every successful marriage)
    Lesley Joseph - I really enjoyed her appearances. 8/10
    Sharon Osbourne - Actually really good, thought I'd hate her, but she was great! 7/10
    Trisha Goddard - Loved Trisha, seemed very funny and was fun like the old style of the show was. 9/10
    Rebecca Adlington - Boring really. 4/10
    Karen Barber - Truly awful, but not as bad as Pricey. 3/10
    Michelle Heaton - Again actually really good. 8/10
    Diane Parish - Much better than Cilla :D 7/10
    Cilla Black - Go Cilla, go. 1/10
    Fern Britton - Seemed to really fit in with the format. 7/10
    Jo Wood - Boring? 5/10
    Tina Hobley - See above. 5/10
    Denise van Outen - Surprisingly good. 8/10
    Fay Ripley - Forgettable. 4/10
    Patsy Kensit - Loved her, can only remember her being on once though? 8/10
    Glynis Barber - Very classy and fun. 8/10
    Kimberley Walsh - Nice enough, not the best. 5/10
    Pauline Quirke - Really found her quite opinionated in a good way. 7/10
    Kate Garraway - Leave my TV screen forever please. 2/10
    DS Thread - AMAZING. 11/10

Overall a good series with a great DS thread to cover it!
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with most of what you said although I'd rate Carol V. a bit higher and Claire Richards a lot less.

I do like the idea of the sofa but the one they use is terrible. They need on incorporated into the set so it looks permanent and then I think it will work. Maybe two armchairs for the Loose Women and a sofa for the guest(s).
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D:D*Applauds*:D:D:D

Top marks for your round up, Poth...especially the Klass poem, LOL!

Me personally is really impressed at your recall ability, how the hell did you manage to remember all those guests, especially since most of them are utter non entities! :o

The fun was definitely in the thread this year, roll on September!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wikipedia ;)

Thanks for the comments :p I apologise for going on so much, when I started I couldn't stop.
  • Options
    claire800claire800 Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    lets live in hope for September main panel

Jackie denise/coleen carol Mc & jane McD

Then all will be ok with the world.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire800 wrote: »
    lets live in hope for September main panel

Jackie denise/coleen carol Mc & jane McD

Then all will be ok with the world.

I hope not. Stop living in the past.
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great post pothuthic . God knows how long that took you to do!! :o:D Thoroughly agree with most of your thoughts.

Decided to 'pinch' your idea of rating and commenting on everyone and starting typing earlier. 30 minutes in and 99% completed I hit a wrong button accidentally and 'pow' my draft vanished though. :( Can't be bothered to do it all again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't see Denise returning when Coleen is there, that's the reason why she left. Plus she wouldn't do the same show as Janet.
  • Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonjons wrote: »
    I also think they need to work on the guests and go back to having celebrities such as Biggins, Barrowman, Joan Collins who are all part of the LW guest book and are media trained

They still have these guests..Joan was on not that long ago

They didn't mention they would be back after summer!..could it be over?

Andrea even suggested herself her chair will fall back due to all her mistakes (e.g. she gets the chop)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've heard a few people on the show saying it will be back in September? Plus SRO have said it returns in the Autumn I think?
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

....[snippety snip]....

With one or two minor tweaks for personal preference, this is a great analysis :).
    The show has improved much over the last year.

What's your overall season rating, pothuthic?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    With one or two minor tweaks for personal preference, this is a great analysis :).
    The show has improved much over the last year.

What's your overall season rating, pothuthic?

I'd like to hear what all you would say differently? (I'm a bit of a geek like that :p I love reading what other people think :p)

I'd say 8/10, its still been enjoyable, just missing some of those fun opportunities that Carol and Jane offered (Obviously Martin doesn't want the fun factor there, but personally thats what I would like, his show though :p)
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

New Features;
    Voting Pads - wasn't the worst feature, seemed a reasonable enough idea-- I think the show worked better with out audience participation and they were there to watch the show and laugh along rather then get involved. Eg: when they have a talking point and throw to the audience you can always see other audience members seated around looking awkward on camera and laughing.

Audience 'gifts' - I liked this idea, another way of testing out what the audience thinks.
    Sofa - GET RID, GET RID, GET RID, its truly awful.
    The guests walking through the audience high fiving everyone - NO, NO, NO, NO please don't, I remember Ricky Wilson regretting coming on the show having to high five the old women :p
    The guests mysteriously appearing - Not the worst idea, but I wish they'd bring back the loose lounge and the guests walking through the walkway, when I went to Loose Women all the girls and the two guests walked through that walkway to get to the desk, it was really good that way. I agree, and keeps the idea of being a TV show rather then constantly breaking the fourth wall rule. In addition, it looks very cheap as if the guest is late and would rather they came through the catwalk.
    Going outside for an ice cream/relay race/cocktail - OMG this was bad, seriously bad, it was like they wanted to find the feature that fit in the least. Again, keep everything in the studio, not in the warehouse or the loading lot. At times if the outside is needed then pre-record it like they did last year when Sherrie and Janet were dog training outside.

Permanent Panellists;
    Kaye Adams - Really like her being back, shes funny and a professional host - 8/10
    Ruth Langsford - Again I'm loving her being on full time, shes a lovely lady and is a great host too - 8/10
    Carol Vorderman - For me Carol always lacked something, but ever since she has only been appearing rarely I have really enjoyed her, but she won't be back. 610 - Carol always tried to hard to get laughs in and never anchored debates, she just let them go and go and go realising she wasnt one of the girls.
    Andrea McLean - Oh Andrea, I wasn't ever against her, she was perfectly fine, but ever since this show got its revamp, she has seemed extremely incapable of presenting the show, I'm just so glad I didn't go on a day she was hosting! Can't see her going anywhere now though :( 3/10 I used to like Andrea but she tries so hard to be liked and feels that because she is the anchor her point matters. It is interesting when they have guests on and she is on the panel with Jane or Janet who both become the interviewer and she is very quiet and hates it! 1/10

Jane Moore - I've got nothing bad to say about her, but I've got nothing good really to say, she seems a bit forgettable? 6/10- She has an opinion about a topic like we all do but its never remembered. I like the fact she has a journalistic background and I feel that is important to have as one of the pannelists to have their niche where you kind of trust what they are saying. 5/10

Coleen Nolan - Was so happy when Coleen was announced to be returning, I didn't expect it due to her slagging off the show when she left, she has lived up to expectation, shes been funny, shes been informal, certainly in my top 5. 9/10 Coleen has always been funny but last time she spent too much time complaining about Shane and Ray where as this time they barley get mentioned. I like that Colleen brings the old-feel humour back making jokes at the other pannelists expense and not taking her self serious so that we see her as a friend. 10/10

Nadia Sawalha - Couldn't really stand her before hand, but shes been rather good this series, so happy to have her on the panel! 7/10 I like when she is on with kaye as they do bounce off each other.

Sherrie Hewson - I wasn't fussed with Sherrie until I went to see it, now she has to stay, shes hilarious and to be honest, shes the only bit of fun left really. 8/10

Shobna Gulati - I really like Shobna, but shes been wasted for most of the series, can't say I'd miss her massively. 6/10 I HATE SHOBNA -She could not articulate an argument and was too quiet 0/10

Linda Robson - Previously they wasted her a lot, but this series they've started using her as much as they should, she is the perfect panellist IMO 9/10

Janet Street Porter - Amazing, I previously didn't like her, but she has been amazing and so shady against Myleene and Me Personally, she has been brilliant. 9/10

Sally Lindsay - Has she even appeared more than once this year? She is possibly the least common regular in the history of television! 1/10 (one for every episode she appeared in) Useless, she does it for a bit of money when not filming Mount Pleasent and so comes on for a week or two and leaves again and so you cant form a bond with her 0/10

Now for the terror three.
    Scrappy Doo - Thank god this woman left, she was annoying, pointless and just overall a shit panellist, no loss here. - 1/10
    Little Miss Lazy Eye - Myleene Klass, you're as stiff as brass, as interesting as grass and I wish you'd just go and piss off to France. (Sorry France.) -7000000/10 I like looking at her and so she gets points for that but like Andrea she feels her point is valid and is itching to have her say and doesnt listen to everyone else.

Me Personally - Well personally me, I don't like Jamelia, me personally my problem with her is just how self obsessed she is :p she isn't as bad as Myleene, but god shes awful. 0/10

Guest Panellists (god theres more than I thought)
    Claire Richards - Claire has been a breath of fresh air, I was dreading her coming on, but I'm so glad that she has been on so much, surely shes a regular now? 9/10 Claire has been really good speaking about her experiences honsetly and her cute factor makes you want to hear her opinion.
    Pam StClement - Pammy, didn't add too much, but was nice enough. 6/10 Pam added nothing IMO she had to be asked to talk each time and had no rapport with the other pannelists.

Jo Joyner - I really liked Jo, I wish she'd come back! 7/10 - Jo was warm but had to be asked to talk but I think once she is more comfortable she has the potential to be really good.

Katie Price - Awful, truly awful. 0/10 (One for every successful marriage)

Lesley Joseph - I really enjoyed her appearances. 8/10

Sharon Osbourne - Actually really good, thought I'd hate her, but she was great! 7/10 I loved her, it was so interesting hearing what she had to say and she came across very well other then when she came on high-fiving everyone. They kind of built her up to be another Janet and a bitch to everyone and really rude but she was so relaxed and had her mum head on.

Trisha Goddard - Loved Trisha, seemed very funny and was fun like the old style of the show was. 9/10

Rebecca Adlington - Boring really. 4/10- Awful added nothing!!

Karen Barber - Truly awful, but not as bad as Pricey. 3/10- Too quiet and stiff!

Michelle Heaton - Again actually really good. 8/10

DS Thread - AMAZING. 11/10

I have added to what you have said-great post to build on!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Martin has fired the director and apparently wants to fire Jamelia :D and Sherrie :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    I can't see Denise returning when Coleen is there, that's the reason why she left. Plus she wouldn't do the same show as Janet.

why wouldn't she?
  • Options
    actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    PWSJohn wrote: »
    why wouldn't she?

They refused to be on the same panel,last time
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Martin has fired the director and apparently wants to fire Jamelia :D and Sherrie :(

It would be dangerous firing Sherrie. I know its part of the industry and they aren't a charity but that level of public rejection could be bad for her mental health. It would be much less cruel to just significantly reduce her role and only having her appearing every now and again. I don't mind her anyway, she speaks a lot of sense a lot of the time and she's one of the few remaining that can have a bit of a laugh.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please, please, please keep Sherrie. I know she gets a lot of stick for her ditzy, 'mad auntie' vibe but she really is smarter than she lets on. She's also good fun.