Options

Britain's Tudor Treasure: A Night at Hampton Court

lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Did anyone else think that sound and vision were not in sync in Britain's Tudor Treasure: A Night at Hampton Court?

I thought it was just Freeview HD so tried Freeview SD and that was the same.

Enjoyable and interesting programme, even David Starkey was tolerable.

Comments

• Options
    MeridaMerida Posts: 2,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't have any problems at my end (virgin media). Enjoyed the programme :)
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught some of it on Freeview HD, no problem for me.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    Caught some of it on Freeview HD, no problem for me.

Thanks, I have had someone else say that a neighbour reported the same fault.
  • Options
    damianswifedamianswife Posts: 1,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching it now and enjoying it. Very colourful and informative.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Watching it now and enjoying it. Very colourful and informative.

Except for Worsley's blatant lie at the end that William III retained the old part of Hampton Court out of respect for Henry VIII.

The reason he didn't knock the rest down was because he ran out of cash, as everyone with even a passing interest in the palace knows. 'Respect' for the Tudors had nothing to do with it.

I'd also take issue with her opening statement that Hampton Court was "Tudor England's finest building". I suspect that Greenwich, Richmond and Nonsuch would've given Hampton Court more than a run for its money.

It's a catastrophe for posterity that almost nothing is left of the great Tudor palaces or prodigy houses, like Theobalds and Holdenby. Take away Hampton Court and we'd have very little idea of the domestic architectural grandeur of the Tudor age.

Much of continental Europe kept their Renaissance palaces. In England we couldn't wait to get them down.