Options

DS FM captainkremmen

Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
Forum Member
✭✭
Like many I was saddened to hear rumours that the poster had died.
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1969346&page=22
saddened and also sceptical given there is no "source".

In these situations all we can do is rely on the integrity of an established poster to confirm or deny the claims. I have done some digging on other sites, but again all I see are "unclaimed" rumours.

I am not looking for "proof", and | certainly would not want anyone to "dox" someone. I was just wondering if anyone has anything to add.

In case anyone is suspicious of my motivation in starting the thread, I don't blame you, but in this case please take it at face value.

Comments

• Options
    Danny_SilverDanny_Silver Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG the poster who always post about the job centre?

He was knowledgeable and always give very good advice.

I have been wondering why he hasn't post anymore.

omg very sad if he has passed away.

Cheers Keiō Line for mentioning his name cause I have wondered.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I posted on the other thread, but very saddened if this is the case. He was a lovely poster and seemed a really decent guy.

It seems a shame that someone who knew him well enough to know this happened only posted it on another site and not here on DS, because he was quite a prolific poster on here and I'm sure lots of people will remember chatting to him and would be sad to know that he passed away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone just tell me if he was the FM who always contributed to job seekers/centre threads because they are a lot of FM whose names are Captain something.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, that is shocking. I hope it isnt true.
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's true. If memory serves correctly Captain Kremmen used to use the bus all the time. I don't think he drove, let alone rode a motorcycle.

I hope it isn't true anyway, he was/is one of the good guys.
  • Options
    Cold ComfortCold Comfort Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Doubt it.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone just tell me if he was the FM who always contributed to job seekers/centre threads because they are a lot of FM whose names are Captain something.

If you click 'find all posts' on his profile you can see if he's who you are thinking of.

But from having a quick scan, yes it looks like he posted about the Job Centre.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Personally I don't drive, but due to a cash windfall from my pension which should be with me in a few weeks, I shall be buying a 125 commuter motorbike. 100Mpg, cheap insurance and only £16 a year road tax. :D

Not looking good, RIP :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »

That is who I'm talking about.

He knew the ins and out of the benefit system.

This is very sad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    If you click 'find all posts' on his profile you can see if he's who you are thinking of.

But from having a quick scan, yes it looks like he posted about the Job Centre.

Thanks Bex, that is who I'm thinking about.
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is very sad indeed getting your pension finally, buying a motorbike and then it killing you.

I remember the Captain's username from his posts he was a really nice guy.

R.I.P Captain
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Hope this turns out to be false. I'm not really a regular contributor on these parts of the boards but he seemed like a genuinely friendly, helpful guy who was more than happy to provide detailed advice on subjects he had knowledge on.

My sympathies to all those who will miss him if true.
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    Hopefully not true but looks like the evidence indicates it is.

R.I.P Captain
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard46 wrote: »
    Hopefully not true but looks like the evidence indicates it is.

R.I.P Captain

What evidence?
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad, will be sorely missed by a lot of us. His posts regularly blew the benefit claimant demonizers clean out of the water. RIP Cap'n.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What evidence?

Am pretty sure that he would've been on to quash the rumours if it wasn't the case. He certainly wasn't a fantasist. Its been 9 months since suddenly topping his activity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member

That post was made 2 and a half years before he last logged in, so not sure that is definitive proof that anything has happened to him.

Whilst it is sad to hear the demise of anyone you have conversed with, people come and go on forums all the time, so if someone hasn't logged into their account for ages, it doesn't mean they have died. Is this just rumour, or has someone who knows him in real life confirmed it?
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad to hear. Not sure if anyone who really knew him or family will ever read this, but my condolences.
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    Am pretty sure that he would've been on to quash the rumours if it wasn't the case. He certainly wasn't a fantasist. Its been 9 months since suddenly topping his activity.

Perhaps he's just decided to stop posting for whatever reason. I'm certainly not going to take the word of an anonymous baghead 'guest' post on a forum that's known to be 99% bullshit as gospel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That post was made 2 and a half years before he last logged in, so not sure that is definitive proof that anything has happened to him.

Whilst it is said to hear the demise of anyone you have conversed with, people come and go on forums all the time, so if someone hasn't logged into their account for ages, it doesn't mean they have died. Is this just rumour, or has someone who knows him in real life confirmed it?

This.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Whilst it is said to hear the demise of anyone you have conversed with, people come and go on forums all the time, so if someone hasn't logged into their account for ages, it doesn't mean they have died.

True, but friendships do flourish on here and people do exchange emails. A enquired about another long time poster who suddenly stopped posting only to receive 3 pm's from other FMs who are still in contact. It appears that no one has heard from him in 9 months.
  • Options
    zedzzedz Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    I also gave up smoking last month, must be my mid life crisis kicking in, if I could afford it I'd probably buy a motorbike and some dolly birds :)

Ironically, it's giving up smoking that killed him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad, will be sorely missed by a lot of us. His posts regularly blew the benefit claimant demonizers clean out of the water. RIP Cap'n.

Absolutely.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    Perhaps he's just decided to stop posting for whatever reason. I'm certainly not going to take the word of an anonymous baghead 'guest' post on a forum that's known to be 99% bullshit as gospel.

It would be a pretty sick thing to make up, and what would the actual point be in doing so? There's forum bulls**t then there's saying someone's died.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope these rumours aren't true. I interacted with CK on many occasions. He was a good egg. Maybe still is.