Options

Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 2)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,851
Administrator
This thread is a continuation of Hollyoaks - losing the will to stick with it at http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1098845

Comments

• Options
    Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh please rename it! The op wanted to but couldn't.
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Yeah - we should get it renamed.. since most of us are gaining the will to stick with it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    'Hollyoaks Discussion' or something similar would be more apt imo, definitely a good time to change it either way.
    Really excited to see the O'Connors come in next week and the start of the school year, loving the show at the moment so I'm expecting them both to be great. Also, the Freshers spin-off starts on Thursday and there's a trailer and a few spoiler videos up here http://www.e4.com/hollyoaks/freshers/watch/ incase anyone hasn't seen it.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    It's the most popular HO thread, but for quite a bit now it's contained nothing but praise for HO. =)
  • Options
    CollybirdCollybird Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not completely pathetic that I'm very excited about a new thread, right? RIGHT!?
  • Options
    Tom MillerTom Miller Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is 'Hollyoaks general discussion' ok?
  • Options
    Dan SDan S Posts: 1,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yep the name is fine :D thanks!

Daves last appearance in the main show is this Friday!

http://www.e4.com/blog/hollyoaks/post/shgqnh1eldcctes2d0fdu/view.e4
  • Options
    surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    Dan S wrote: »

Tony must be going senile. He bars Dave from il Gnosh but lets him back in on E4 last night without a word.
  • Options
    MuteBananaMuteBanana Posts: 3,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed something amusing in the new Hollyoaks ad.

Ashley Taylor Dawson checks out Rachel Shenton's butt and then turns to the guy who plays Taylor and smiles.

Very Darren, a nice touch I thought.
  • Options
    MuteBananaMuteBanana Posts: 3,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surfie wrote: »
    Tony must be going senile. He bars Dave from il Gnosh but lets him back in on E4 last night without a word.

Wasn't that Ste? And didn't he make up some story about 'The List' and Tony now banning him from every food establishment in town?
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone explain this to me. Today's CH4 episode had a "previously on Hollyoaks" bit before the titles (which didn't work IMO) then had another recap after the titles. :confused:

It's very disjointed and messy.
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan S wrote: »

If there was a gong for worst student ever, he would be getting my vote, with India taking the runner up spot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MuteBanana wrote: »
    Wasn't that Ste? And didn't he make up some story about 'The List' and Tony now banning him from every food establishment in town?

Ste was sacked. but Dave tried to make a false claim against Tony for food poisoning to get out of paying from a meal but got found out.

As a result Tony got Dave barred from everywhere in town, including the SUbar.

On another note. Terence Harvey - who is playing Alistair Longford, also played Mr Weaver in 2004 and I'm sure he was also Kurt Benson barrister when Kurt was accused of trying to kill Spike
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    Regarding the re-cap, maybe they were designed to go with the new titles, which is why they don't quite work with these? I agree that the transition from the re-cap clips to the start of the credits is a bit clunky and could be more seemless and flow better, just a bit more polished overall, which may happen when the new titles air. WHEN they air cus i always assume this monday but as yet no word saying so!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    andy614 wrote: »
    Regarding the re-cap, maybe they were designed to go with the new titles, which is why they don't quite work with these? I agree that the transition from the re-cap clips to the start of the credits is a bit clunky and could be more seemless and flow better, just a bit more polished overall, which may happen when the new titles air. WHEN they air cus i always assume this monday but as yet no word saying so!

I wonder how long it will be before they decide to do "next on Hollyoaks" clips at the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually quite like Dave and India, but hate Charlotte whom appears to be the most popular of the three.

I really think that Dave was a little hard done by in being axed.
  • Options
    Dan SDan S Posts: 1,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Dave wasnt axed!
    He quit to appear in some film!
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Glad Dave is going - i really can't stand him, i had no idea he was off either so double yay
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    For me it's definately starting to very much feel like a new show, eps are just featuring more and more new characters, and as a result it's giving new feels to the existing characters cus most of them, if not all, are somehow involved with the new characters and share scenes with them.

I think Malachy for example seems so fresh again now he's been put in with Brendan and Lynsey. It's the same for Cheryl. People are liking Steph scenes with Louis than they are with Gilly. I think having Tex around has given something extra to India also. Tony i think is refreshed with being involved with Gabby and The Sharpes (even if they aren't amazingly popular so far), he's definately becoming established as one of the 'older' characters as a result, when before he was almost in no mans land cus he was over 30 yet still almost being treated like the other characters and it was like they didn't know how to deal with him.

I've enjoyed very much that the show feels far more mature, with less teens, more drama, actual funny comedy. I do however worry slightly becuase soon, infact next week, all the teens will be back to school, the students will be back soon also, so i'm thinking that feel might change and those groups will be focused on alot more.
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And subscription logged!

Glen Wallace is by far one of the better actors in the show and been criminally underused in the past. It's a shame he's quit really because the direction Malachy is going now with Brendan is very interesting to watch.

I'm loving Brendan and Veronica too - feels like they've been there much longer than a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glen Wallace really is going to be a big loss.

When I was watching the E4 episode earlier I was thinking 'I hate Brendan' and then I realised that that's how the character is supposed to make us feel. I'm so glad the show has a new baddie because I think it's something that has been missing from the show since Warren left.
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Collybird wrote: »
    I actually quite like Dave and India, but hate Charlotte whom appears to be the most popular of the three.

I really think that Dave was a little hard done by in being axed.
    Hate Charlotte? Hate is such a strong negative word. What did she do for you to feel that way.

Dave never had any appeal to me because he reminded me of those waste of space bores back in my college days that thinks they're the life and soul of everything when really, they aren't. They make a lot of noise, get drunk and.... well that's about it.

India is annoying and a rubbish actress.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    I'm sure this has been mentioned previously, but why has Brendan got a Dublin accent if he's Cheryl's brother, and she has a broad Northern Ireland accent?
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's explained by him being her half-brother.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate Charlotte? Hate is such a strong negative word. What did she do for you to feel that way.

Dave never had any appeal to me because he reminded me of those waste of space bores back in my college days that thinks they're the life and soul of everything when really, they aren't. They make a lot of noise, get drunk and.... well that's about it.

India is annoying and a rubbish actress.

She grassed up my beloved Zak that's what :p.

Perhaps hate is a bit OTT but I am only talking about a character, I don't have anything against the actress.

I just find Charlotte very tedious; I liked her when she was first introduced but (IMO) she's become a watered down version of her original spunky personality. Her involvement in the Lydia storyline also turned me off.

And Sooboo, apparently Cheryl and Brendan are only half-siblings. :)
This discussion has been closed.