Options

Zen off to poor start

nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
Forum Member
After being forced to change ISP, from UK On-line, I was tempted into trying Zen.

My service went live today, and swapping over the router details resulted in an instant connection, as expected. However, I soon found that my access to the Customer Portal was restricted to cancelling the service!

One phone call later, I had been told that Zen still needed to make some adjustments at their end, and the portal would be available later today. Unfortunately, by 6:30pm, it was still not working. On the Zen website it states that tech support are available from 8:00am to 8:00pm, but as of 6:35pm, all there is is a massage telling me no one is at home!

Worse still, as I have not been able to set up my e-mail, the only way to get at them before tomorrow, is to resort to my Gmail account.

This is a rather poor start; not providing the tech support advertised, and not having my account fully functional. :( At the moment, I am not a happy customer, and am not likely to remain with Zen is this level of nonsense continues.

Comments

• Options
    3dom3dom Posts: 1,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ring them in the day time m8, I've been with them for over 5 years and have had very little problems, there service side is very good.

Come to think about it I've never used the portal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    3dom wrote: »
    Come to think about it I've never used the portal.

So how did you set up your e-mail?

I'll call Zen tomorrow, for sure. I'm sure these are just teething problems, but it is irritating.
  • Options
    OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the have issues with staff due to the snow?

As for using ISP provided email, do you really want to use this as if you change ISP your email address changes again...personally I just buy a cheap domain with email that is not affected by the ISP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe the have issues with staff due to the snow?

I don't know, but I suspect someone bunked off early. ;) This morning, I had a couple of e-mails explaining why my account had not been ready when anticipated - something to do with BT - but also insisting that tech staff had been on duty.... despite the phone message saying that no one was at home.
    As for using ISP provided email, do you really want to use this as if you change ISP your email address changes again...personally I just buy a cheap domain with email that is not affected by the ISP.

Yes, I agree. I neglected to mention that I've had a domain, under my business name, for some time. So my address stays the same regardless of ISP. However, main still needs to be forwarded, and for that I needed the correct settings, etc.

Anyway, all sorted now, and I must say, in all fairness, that Zen do seem a bit quicker in terms of line speed.