Way to Go - new BBC3 show

M1010DM1010D Posts: 413
Forum Member
This is the new sit-com with Blake Harrison (Neil from Inbetweeners) about assisted suicide so black comedy show really but what are people's thoughts on it? I liked the first episode and seems fairly funny considering the subject matter and the scriptwriters seemed to have handled it well :)

Comments

• M1010DM1010D Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    What does everyone else think about it?
  • bobgeorge7912bobgeorge7912 Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    not alot by the look of it....lmjlgao
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Considering I was expecting this to be completely awful, the show's actually quite good.
  • timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it straight away,having expected
    to be disappointed by the usual BBC3
    tripe!
    Baffling that episode 2 was on the following
    night though,I bet a lot of people missed it!
  • kramstan70kramstan70 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    timebug wrote: »
    Baffling that episode 2 was on the following
    night though,I bet a lot of people missed it!

Was it? I've got it set up on sky plus series link and episode 2 was on last night. Are you sure the episode the following night wasn't a repeat of episode one? As you say, it would be a bit baffling if they had put the next episode on the following night. I know BBC3 often show the first 2 episodes of a new series consecutively on the same night; I think they did that with Pramface recently.

For the record I'm enjoying it- subject matter that hasn't been covered in a comedy before as far as I'm aware and so far it's being treated well by the script writers imo. One thing that is bugging me though and which I may have missed in the first episode. Why did they feel the need to invent a machine to administer the lethal injection rather than just hand the person the syringe? I can understand that they wouldn't want to do it themselves but I was wondering if they explained why the need for the machine arose, other than just for pure comedy value?
  • Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Derek Griffiifs ever age, apart ftom the hair he has Hartley aged from when I used to watch preschool TV almost 40 years ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it quite good but not laugh out loud funny. He never going to do better than the inbertweeners, lets be honest.
  • timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I meant was that episode one was
    shown on wed night followed by episode
    two on thursday night!
    Usually,at the end of one episode the
    announcer will do a voice over saying
    'next episode is to be shown...' and they
    didn't!
    I found episode two purely by chance!