The Big Bang Theory - Season 1 -> E4

degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
Forum Member
E4 must have run out of episodes to show so they're starting from the S1 E1 tonight.

Comments

• tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    E4 must have run out of episodes to show so they're starting from the S1 E1 tonight.

Theyve been repeating them over and over again in that time slot 6pm-7pm as long as i can remember:p
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I know. I emialled them before as I missed S4 so watched the series from the start thinking they'll carry on through to S4 and when they got to the end of S3 they started from S1 again!!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know. I emialled them before as I missed S4 so watched the series from the start thinking they'll carry on through to S4 and when they got to the end of S3 they started from S1 again!!! :D

:p.....
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Yes it's interesting to see how quickly they changed Sheldon's character. In the pilot he drinks and is clearly show to be sexually interested in women.
  • charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Penny is seriously hot in that episode. Been thinking for a while that she's gone a bit downhill and that confirmed it.

I still would though, and the duration would have to be measured in milliseconds, whereas previously it was nanoseconds.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why they stopped showing season 4 without airing the last ep, with Howard going into space?

Anyway, as much as I enjoy the show, 4 seasons is not enough for constant rotation, especially if you are showing two a day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is the only down side that they hammer the series week after week.

There where only about 110 episodes upto the last one in season 5 when Howard went where no nerd has gone before!

I only got into the show originally when it was part of the TV Fav. service via Top Up TV a few years ago and have watched ever since.

The Pilot episode is somewhat different and isn't the original pilot. The first Penny was different and they tweaked the boys a little as well and bang we get a winner.

I really wish E4 would get Mike and Molly another Chuck Lorrie series which I for one found very funny. But I suppose with it being on Comedy Central until quite recently I believe that may mean they can't get broadcast right.

But back to the guys I must admit that I agree with you over Penny I think they toned her down a little so Leonard relationship with her made more sense. I did love the episode where the new girl moved in and out Pennyed Penny. Very funny.
  • Davetherave70Davetherave70 Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I wonder why they stopped showing season 4 without airing the last ep, with Howard going into space?

Anyway, as much as I enjoy the show, 4 seasons is not enough for constant rotation, especially if you are showing two a day.

5 seasons!!
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 seasons!!

Yep, my bad.

Still don't think it's enough for constant rotation.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Pilot episode is somewhat different and isn't the original pilot. The first Penny was different

There was no first Penny. She was called Katie, although presumably she would've been essentially the same character. I know, I'm so nit-picky! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm the same with some things (Stargate film and Stargate TV series totally different but what the heck)

And yes she wasn't called Penny but I though unless someone had, like me read about it, they may not have know (so don't worry)

Anyhow I have dug out my series one of Big Bang and must rewatch the broadcast pilot and laugh along.
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Friends was on an endless loop on E4, the earlier episodes had to be re-colourised to hide the wear.
    Forum Member
    Intersting to remember how long ago this started. I was watching a couple of the early episodes the other night and they referenced MySpace followers in a joke :eek: :D
  • urbancoyoteurbancoyote Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Friends had a lot more longevity that BBT. I watch BBT, but its not overly funny. Its one of those pleasant comedies thats "not too bad". Penny does make it that little bit more worthwhile, and it has been improved with the introduction of the other 2 girls (Bernadette/Amy)
    Forum Member
    Intersting to remember how long ago this started. I was watching a couple of the early episodes the other night and they referenced MySpace followers in a joke :eek: :D
    It is interesting what you pick up or sometimes just forgotten about.

In the first series Sheldon doesn't have a 3 knock rule. It's 4 or more most times.
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Penny has slowly been putting on weight the last few weeks, then suddenly she is looking slimmer again !!!

Was there a break in filming ?
    Forum Member
    Stigid wrote: »
    Penny has slowly been putting on weight the last few weeks, then suddenly she is looking slimmer again !!!

Was there a break in filming ?
    I've only watched a few of the new series. Recording it weekly in order to watch several at a time.

Maybe you should ask in the S6 thread?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everybody Loves Raymond has been on loop on CH4 for at least 6 years:eek:
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only watched a few of the new series. Recording it weekly in order to watch several at a time.

Maybe you should ask in the S6 thread?

I will !!!

Thanks...

I lost count..... :o
    Forum Member
    Annoyingly they got to the end of season 4 and started back at season 1 again.

Why?
    Why not show s5 and then on to s6?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Stupid, isn't it. Mind you, a lot of these TV schedulers seem to be clueless in this respect. Yesterday, for example, Dave showed QI series 1 (A) episode 11, then straight after showed episode 2. Later on, they showed series 7 (series H) episode 8, followed by episode 7, then episode 6! :rolleyes: Sky1 are just as bad with The Simpsons. The evening weekday showings are never in order. Take tonight for example. 5pm brings us Bart Gets an F from season 2, then at 6.30 it's The Italian Bob (S17), followed by Stark Raving Dad (S3) and Treehouse of Horror X (S11). And don't get me started on their treatment of new episodes. Season 24 started in March, 6 months after the States, and they're on a break now over here, whereas it finished back in May in America! :mad:

Sorry about the rant, but inept TV scheduling just annoys me.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting to note that in the earlier seasons Sheldon was more sociable and engaged in conversations more. Now he doesn't give a damn about anyone's personal life and claims he never had.

Also, Leonard feels bad about Penny and he considers getting a cat, something Sheldon points out is not suitable considering he does not like cats and is also allergic to them. A few series later Sheldon goes through a break-up with Amy and proceeds to buy a load [clowder or glaring ;)] of cats as if nothing was wrong.

Also, Sheldon states he can't dance. Then when the episode requires it, he states he is adept at several dance styles.

It's inconsistent storytelling in shows that annoys me!
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Interesting to note that in the earlier seasons Sheldon was more sociable and engaged in conversations more. Now he doesn't give a damn about anyone's personal life and claims he never had.

Also, Leonard feels bad about Penny and he considers getting a cat, something Sheldon points out is not suitable considering he does not like cats and is also allergic to them. A few series later Sheldon goes through a break-up with Amy and proceeds to buy a load [clowder or glaring ;)] of cats as if nothing was wrong.

Also, Sheldon states he can't dance. Then when the episode requires it, he states he is adept at several dance styles.

Also in season 1 Sheldon appears to drink (in the pilot he takes out two beers from the fridge) also his voice is deeper and he also appears sexually interested in Penny at the start (when she asks if the whiteboard is his work he seems to like the attention off Penny)

I think as with all shows the actors tend to play the character as the scriptwriters want but once they get into the character they start to make them more human.

Look at the first season of Star Trek TNG or Stargate for example.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »

Then there isn't a single TV show ever made that you will enjoy. They all do it to some extent.

You have to let them develop characters and plots, otherwise the show is over quickly.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am well aware that TV shows do this sort of thing, but at least they do it subtly most of the time. I wouldn't class the cat situation as a subtle change but more as a glaring ;) plot hole. Oh, and if the writers can't extend a persons character without having to go into their past and change things to suit a few jokes, then you could argue the show was close to being 'over' at that point anyway.

Also, I think the reason Sheldon's voice is lower in the first season is because the first season as a whole seems "slower" like the conversation from NTSC to PAL wasn't done correctly or something. You can also tell that the theme tune is slightly slower and everyone's voices also appear to be a bit lower in register. An episode of the 2nd series of Scrubs is like this too, but every other episode of the season is fine.