How many strangulated "yahs" can Darcy

1234568»

Comments

• mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a relief to find this thread. Her continuous 'yahs' made me want to punch her. Other than that, she seems to be a good, judge so I just hope a helpful producer tells her to stop with the 'yahs'.

I thought there were noticably fewer Yahs on Saturday, so she's getting there.
  • CoronisCoronis Posts: 24,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Late to the thread but has someone mentioned a 'take a drink everytime she says yah game' It might increase the enjoyment of the programme. :p
  • ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I say 'Yar', the Made in Chelsea peeps say 'Yar', Darcey says 'Yeah' & not very often. I didn't even notice at the time.

I'd suggest the real problem is not the yeahs or her nose but the fact that she is beautiful, talented, rich etc etc...
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl423 wrote: »
    Darcey did far better on Saturday. She's just trying to be friendly with the celebs.

I imagine she listened to the criticism on Friday/Saturday morning and did what all dancers do - picked up the corrections quickly! No-one is perfect.

I wish people could focus on what she is saying. The number of people who have searched on my website for "Darcey's nose job." I mean, come on, she was born with that upturned button nose. Give her a break. Why does every aspect of a person have to be scrutinised to the nth degree by everyone ? Especially online, where you can hide behind anonymous identities ?

Darcey has given the sort of advice that the show has lacked from day one. The celebs seem to take what she says on board and if it helps them.... job done !

She's never going to please everyone and the trouble with dancers, even ex-dancers, is that they try to please everyone. So please, give her a break.......

Can somebody explain to me what is supposedly wrong with Darcey's nose? I think she looks wonderful and is doing a fabulous job. And I'd say that if she had a nose like Pinocchio's but she doesn't, so what on earth is the problem?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read a comment that her "yah" is a posh person's version of a common person's "innit".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    sofakat wrote: »
    No it's real. That is how she speaks. Alesha is great but dead common. Would you like Darcy to fake 'common' to make you feel better? :confused:

No, I would like her to talk in a normal way, and not fake anything, that was kind of my point!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I would like her to talk in a normal way, and not fake anything, that was kind of my point!

But that's how she talks - it's normal for her! :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    But that's how she talks - it's normal for her! :confused:

Well, if it is, then fair enough, but I'm still not convinced that it is natural!