Katie Hopkins not sorry for anything on The Wright Stuff

Comments

• CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched the moving funeral of Lee Rigby on Sky and note that one of his sister is called Courtney - a name that is no doubt on her hit list.

I haven't seen parents with more class and pride in how they conduct themselves and in their quiet dignity they make Katie look the vacuous, ignorant woman she really is.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Of course she won't regret what she said! It got her the attention she craves! Desperate.

Precisely. It's all about her being desperate for reactions and laughs. She was just behaving like a comedian on The Wright Stuff and not someone who was serious about what she was saying.
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    CFCJM1 wrote: »
    I've just watched the moving funeral of Lee Rigby on Sky and note that one of his sister is called Courtney - a name that is no doubt on her hit list.

I haven't seen parents with more class and pride in how they conduct themselves and in their quiet dignity they make Katie look the vacuous, ignorant woman she really is.

She's probably say they're the exception to the rule.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »

One really must wonder about the mentality of someone who is so desperate for fame and a media career that they willingly attempt to become as 'hated' as possible (within the law, of course). The more negative the attention, the more she thinks she'll earn, I guess.

This is the only thing remotely interesting about her. No well person would want to be "hated" just for a brief bit of fame in the way Hopkins is seeking. It is senseless and sad. Someone should get her to a GP.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a laughably pointless, thick and idiotic moron with a misplaced sense of intelligence and entitlement. The only thing she's good at is dropping her knickers for any old hooray henry that sees her as easy prey. She's failed in every single business endeavour she's ever been involved in so is now forced to earn a crust by being the Daily Mail's resident troll de jour now that Brick and Jones's 'stars' are waning.

I hope her children all disown her once they're older, embrace alternative lifestyles and go on to have lovely well balanced children of their own.
  • Apollo CreedApollo Creed Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a troll. She's simply playing a character. It's like getting outraged by Alan Partridge for saying people who died in the potato famine paid the price for being fussy eaters
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually agree with Katie.

Names like Teighan and Kloeigh are horrific (my friend has kids named that) and urgh, horrific.

On Twitter she was attacking Tyler, Dwaine, Enya (a 5th Century Irish name), Chantelle (fairly normal in France...), Stanley, Robyn, Ethan and other very normal names, calling them common, trashy....They may not to be to everyone's taste but she has trashed the children that have them and their parents...I have come across a Keight, which is not good but she attacked place names when she has a daughter called India and extolled the virtues of names such as George, Henry and Isabella, which she has not used for her own children..

And her attack on ginger hair children is pure viciousness...it is predjudice and attention seeking, say any child is ugly because of their colouring is bigoted.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her daughter's name. There is nothing wrong with not naming your child a traditional name. As for bullying the parents need to keep their kids in check.

Her attcking ginger kids was mean.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Her attcking ginger kids was mean.

I really don't think these "controversial opinions" are stuff she even believes, though.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    She's a troll. She's simply playing a character. It's like getting outraged by Alan Partridge for saying people who died in the potato famine paid the price for being fussy eaters

:D
    I wonder if KH makes up what she says for comic effect - I couldnt believe the nasty stuff she said about some kids names and ginger haired kids. Chantelle is a nice name, so is Christelle. Just because of CBB people think the name alone is chavvy :rolleyes: Whats wrong with Enya (best selling music artist), Ethan (Ethan Hunt - Mission Impossible)!
    She's a professional troll thats for sure. Difference is we laugh at her, not with her.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only really nasty knock-on effect of her comments is the impact they have on her own kids. Fine for her to be a galloping troll if that's what floats her boat but three small school-age kids shouldn't have to deal with the fallout.

Has anyone ever asked her this, if she's happy with her kids becoming potential targets of hate - bullying perhaps - because of her?

@Apolo Creed - that 'fussy eaters' comments still makes me howl! :D
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    That IS funny. :D

Really, why would anyone allow themselves to get outraged over her spewings? She's a troll on a very transparent mission.

No point in complaining about her while creating threads about her and giving her what she wants. :)

What I find most disturbing about her is the size of her head. It's ginormous.

With you all the way on this, lexi. She usually says, to an extent, what many of us might think from time to time but she is so self-serving, boorish and obnoxious with it that she successfully 'gets a rise' out of people. Personally, I pity anyone who needs to 'sell' themselves in that way, no matter how 'successful' they claim to be.

And yes, she is a big-head, lol!:p

ETA: I adore red/ ginger hair, especially on little freckled kids.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the only thing remotely interesting about her. No well person would want to be "hated" just for a brief bit of fame in the way Hopkins is seeking. It is senseless and sad. Someone should get her to a GP.

A good point was made by another poster on the Wright Stuff thread - he noted that she never targets, say, black people - she is careful to be as nasty as she can be without attracting the law. That's one of the giveaways to it being an act - she wants to create a 'love to hate' media image but she's only as controversial as far as she can safely get away with it. I reckon she's gunning for a media career as a 'controversial' columnist.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    I am totally and completely sick of this woman. My issue is how she behaves, which is far worse than what she says. Even for a troll she takes it all to another level. I hope people just loose interest and programmes will stop booking her. It's all beyond boring now.
    I find the programs that book her even more ridiculous. They can't fill their programs with decent guests who actually have something to say - that they have to be cheapskates and get this awful woman on.

Having said that - she does have a point about names. People should watch the Dave Spikey sketch where he talks about being in a pub trying to have a nice quiet meal when a 'Chantel-Demi' is running riot (while its parents are obliviously eating everything on the menu washed down with a 'diet' Coke).

I wouldn't go so far as not letting my child play with another with a dubious name though (then again - I think this Katie woman is just saying what she says for effect - and for the fee!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :cry:
    I find the programs that book her even more ridiculous.

Oh, I couldn't agree more! I have been ranting in the TV Shows forum about how classless and incompetent TV programmes have become and it makes me really sad. There just shouldn't be a place for people like Katie Hopkins on the box, or any idiot wannabes like Katona etc.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think she had a good point about kid's names, what has happened to them? every parent wants to call their child something 'different', at the swing park yesterday the names being called out were "Cody, Kirky, Struan, Harley, Tad, and I kid you not, Honda! There must have been at least three Tylers, plus another Tyler in next doors garden when I got home, I live 2 doors down from a Teigan and a Shan, all horrible names.

What's wrong with Struan or Tyler??

As for Teigan are you sure you got the spelling right??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegan
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    boddism wrote: »
    She's of the Samantha Brick mold,but on TV, not the papers. Progs will book her for the ratings factor but eventually the public will get bored of her.
    Right now we are all feeding the troll...

Exactly this. She's a panto villain, a rent-a-gob, paid to be as ''controversial'' (:yawn: ) as possible in order to get people to react. Her supposed views are so ridiculous, it's obvious. If everyone had the sense to ignore her professional trolling, she'd disappear within five minutes. Same with Sam Brick and that tragic moron Liz Jones.

Hopkins was EXACTLY like this throughout the Apprentice. I remember when Alan Sugar said he didn't understand what she was playing at on the follow up show to the hiring, and her response was ''The panto villain lives on''. That tells you just about everything you need to know about Hopkins and her trolling mission.

Can't stand her and her adopted media **** personality, but I must admit her tweets are hilarious. I find it bizarre that so many people (not referring to people who've posted here) apparently can't see through her - she's completely transparent.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Just sack her, don't give her media space and ignore the silly mare.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    I think she had a good point about kid's names, what has happened to them? every parent wants to call their child something 'different', at the swing park yesterday the names being called out were "Cody, Kirky, Struan, Harley, Tad, and I kid you not, Honda! There must have been at least three Tylers, plus another Tyler in next doors garden when I got home, I live 2 doors down from a Teigan and a Shan, all horrible names.

Cody's a name that has been around for a long time. Kirky is obviously a diminutive/pet name of Kirk, which is very ancient. Shan is Myanmarese, is the name of an ethnic group, and is also ancient. Struan is Gaelic. Tegan is Welsh. Where's the facepalm smiley round here again?
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Samantha Brick was ridiculous as well and had a far too high opinion of herself!
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but what do people think about the other stuff she said on the wright stuff?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Samantha Brick was ridiculous as well and had a far too high opinion of herself!

And she started coming out with her rubbish this time last year because she knew she was booked for CBB. I would not be surprised in the slightest to see Ms Hopkins turn up in the BB house in a few weeks time
  • Rose-AddictRose-Addict Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her. I don't necessarily agree with her opinions but I love how she's not a sheep and says exactly how she feels.
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't got a problem with the likes of KH. In fact, I rather like that style of verbose, opinionated commentry in a posh English accent, saying outré things unapologetically, a la the late Michael Winner and Ken Russell for example. Save for the fact that they were genuine bon viveurs and with that, versed and skilled raconteurs of course, whereas KH is just a wannabe :D:)

The only one time I felt she belied genuine nastiness, as opposed to playing up to a 'persona', was in The Apprentice boardroom where she really layed into the chappie, I think his name was Adam, from 'The North'. She totally lost self-control in that one, her face getting redder and redder and her neck and chin merging into a bloated, seething mass of totally irrational ire and hatred against him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    I find it bizarre that so many people (not referring to people who've posted here) apparently can't see through her - she's completely transparent.

It's bewildering to say the least. Why oh why would ANYONE be taken in by Hopkins' act when it's as obvious as the sky being blue or the grass green? They are either gormless idiots or they crave any bit of drama they can get their hands on.