susan boyle rumours

Comments

• cath99cath99 Posts: 6,826
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I like Susan Boyle and think her voice is pretty damn good. She's done well despite her difficulties and some of the terms being used to describe her mental health status are patronizing and derogatory. Having been involved with mental health issues for most of my life, I find it sad. Just because she has these difficulties, should she have been excluded from having her chance to shine? I don't know. What I do know is that people being spiteful about her looks and demeanour won't help one bit. It's the old 'point, look and laugh' Bedlam mentality that we should have grown out of by now and moved on from. I'm not humourless and can accept banter about physical and mental disabilities, both of which I've got experience of in one way or another. I just don't get the level of nastiness some people have directed at Susan Boyle. In some cases, it's the people who are saying she shouldn't have become famous because she is 'not all there' who actually create that situation in the first place....and I'm not referring to anyone in this thread. Have seen and heard much worse elsewhere. The best person to know whether or not it has all been worth it is Susan Boyle herself. A great many talented people, dead and alive, have had mental health issues. Because of this, should they be prevented from expressing their talent and capability? I hope SB is as well and can be and has the right kind of love and support around her to get her through the tougher times.

Great post. Really sad that it seems it's still the majority belief that someone with learning difficulties or mental health issues should be hidden away in a quiet and safe environment, rather than having the opportunity to make decisons (good and bad) for themselves. We all have the right to make unwise decisions. Susan doesn't lack capacity to do that.

She (like anyone else thrust into the limelight) needs support and someone who is truly looking out for her interests, and if she decides enough is enough, will repsect her decision. Suggesting she should stay in a tiny Scottish villiage and not pursue her dreams, just because she has mild learning difficulties is pretty outrageous actually.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Tackomacko wrote: »
    i really hope i am wrong, i was only asking if other people had heard anything, she has actually been in ward 1 of that hospital before and it was never reported on the news or anything, even seen her sitting on the street in blackburn in her jammies and cars couldnt get passed, it was awful. she spends a lot of time just walking the streets.

i know this sounds like a load of rubbish but trust me, the women is in a dark place atm.

why its not in the news well, maybe they are trying to keep it quiet or something i dont know.

YOU are a hoot. Yeah, there's Subo sitting in the middle of the street in her jammies again. That pic would have been to sold to the tabs in seconds! I think YOU are in a dark place, a very dark one.
    Forum Member
    17 to be correct, do your research.

11million 4million 2million

By the IFPI 2012 :D

Haha. Got me. Still a nice round number you'll have to admit for 3 years in the business.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decades of some performers out of their heads on drugs or drink or both. Car crash personal lives. Stints in rehab. Lots of performers can't cope.

Susan Boyle seems to have coped well by comparison. As someone has said, there was oxygen deprivation at birth. That has caused some problems but whenever i've seen Susan Boyle on camera she has been chatty, articulate, warm,intelligent and has a great sense of humour. I'm not even a fan but a slight, disability doesn't make her incapable of coping pretty well.

I like Susan, she's amazing.
    Forum Member
    Just read the IFBI report again.

It's most about Adele and her 18,000,000 sales of 21 for 2011, also says about 2009 sales by SuBo and Adele sold more than all of SuBo's albums added together with one album. It breaks it down from

Nobody said that Adele hasn't had a phenomenal year. Spectacular.

But I was responding, as were you. to the idiot who didn't believe Subo had sold many CDs. !7 million, as you pointed out. That has made her financially secure for life. She could quit tomorrow and live pleasantly without another nickel. What perhaps some here don't realize, is that she lives on about $30,000 a year for daily living expenses, owns 2 small houses and a car and invests the rest. No limousines or yachts or multimillion $ mansions, like all these pop stars of the moment, who suddenly find they're bankrupt.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    I have no doubt that she can sing, but I've yet to see her give a performance where she's singing in time to the music and has a real connection to what she's singing. I first noticed the lack of rhythm/timing on BGT. I thought it was something she'd get to grips with in time, then I saw a performance from her on TV this year (guest performance on BGT, I think...when she was singing a Madonna song) and she was still ignoring the tempo of the music and singing at her own speed.

I agree with the timing issues thing, Susan has a good voice, but that performance of You'll See by Madonna (I think it was that?) was horrible, her timing was all over the place or she just wasnt paying attention to the music. Other performances on BGT she sounded out of tune imo (maybe nerves, bad day at the office?)
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trennie wrote: »
    YOU are a hoot. Yeah, there's Subo sitting in the middle of the street in her jammies again. That pic would have been to sold to the tabs in seconds! I think YOU are in a dark place, a very dark one.

Actually if she is mentally ill (as in proven history, been alerted there are serious problems) they will not print anything about her under the PCC and especially with Levenson. Plus she'll have Max Clifford looking after her.

Not saying its true. Just saying there are points where the tabs will say no in certain situations. There have been a couple of celebrities with similar problems who have been kept out recently even.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Subo in Benidorm last week. Some hints that she was there to tape an episode of "Benidorm".

Bendorm isnt even in production at the moment so thats definitely not true :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    She'd sound like Cher in Believe :eek: :D

There is deliberate over-autotuning (which sounds like cher) and there is natural sounding autotuning which is just tweaking it.

Wouldn't surprise me if they did autotune her on BGT. Remember the first episode of XF last series when everyone complained the acts were autotuned and suddenly it was removed on the 2nd episode. Syco used it for a publicity stunt.

She can sing though, thats undeniable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    At the final when her behaviour was nothing other than very worrying & then we learned she had been taken into mental health hospital I know that nationally MENCAP were contacted by a no. of very concerned people. They did make contact with ITV & I think it was reported at time what had been said.

At the final she allegedly attacked the floor manager backstage. That was the real reason why she was taken into mental care more or less straight after. She is a remarkable lady with a gift who deserves for that gift to be heard by peope. I agree they used editing or whatever to over hype that performance but it was great regardless. They just have to make sure she gets the treatment she needs so that she is safe and so are the people around her and above all want to do it and not be forced.
    Forum Member
    The autotuning on XF was so obvious though it was painful, like with the girl in the duo who sang Don't Stop Believing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    The autotuning on XF was so obvious though it was painful, like with the girl in the duo who sang Don't Stop Believing.

Thats because they wanted it to be obvious.

They even have live autotuning now which has been used in quite a few concerts *cough* girls aloud, x-factor tour */cough*
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Susan should have stayed where she was and where she was happy and functioning....people like Susan are not made for being the focus of such intense attention. fame is not for everyone. What worries me is who is looking after her finances....she's made a lot of money and when you have a lot of money you find yourself with a lot of friends and relatives...

Except she wasn't happy. When she first auditioned there really was no telling what would happen next. No other act on any of these shows has experienced that kind of overnight success. But once that had happened, there was little alternative. It would have been exceedingly callous to send her back to Blackburn (against her will) and end it all because of an apparent learning difficulty.

At some point she will stop releasing albums. There's no guarantee that they'll continue to sell in the 7 figures forever. But fortunately she wasn't a one album wonder and while sales for subsequent albums have fallen, they have still sold well enough and kept her busy. That may be particularly helpful in allowing her to transition to a less hectic lifestyle.

When her recording career does stop, she'll still be in an infinitely better position than if she'd spent the past few years unemployed living in her mothers old house in Blackburn in total misery. She'll always have options now.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »

G&S's audition amused me, when the audience cheered every time the robot-voiced girl sang!
  • thistledounthistledoun Posts: 40
    Forum Member

Yes, now I see that Benidorm series 6 doesn't start filming until March 2013. :) I was hoping for a cameo more substantial than her Rab C Nesbitt turn. The rumour was based, mainly, on her being seen in the same hotel where the Benidorm cast were also staying (the MedPlaya Riudor, near the Sol Pelicanos Ocas Hotel where the series takes place).

However, while Susan was in Benidorm (arrived Sat. evening, left Tues.), she did tell someone that she was there on business, & she certainly was dressed that way throughout her stay, not the typical beach-holiday look; in fact on Monday, her hair had been professionally styled - a rarity for Susan!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.343531719023298.76888.198117626898042&type=1

Then on Wednesday, the day after she returned to the UK, her PR tweeted,

"There are wonderful things coming up in the world of Susan! Keep your eyes peeled"

So - what could have been her business in Benidorm...?
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    G&S's audition amused me, when the audience cheered every time the robot-voiced girl sang!

:D The sad thing is the girl was probably actually good, but placed next to the guy (who couldnt sing for toffee at all) it made her seem better than she was I guess :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »

The funny thing about it was how they had episode 2 ready to go, without autotune for the next week.

Whole thing, and getting the public to react was a stunt
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, now I see that Benidorm series 6 doesn't start filming until March 2013. :) I was hoping for a cameo more substantial than her Rab C Nesbitt turn. The rumour was based, mainly, on her being seen in the same hotel where the Benidorm cast were also staying (the MedPlaya Riudor, near the Sol Pelicanos Ocas Hotel where the series takes place).

However, while Susan was in Benidorm (arrived Sat. evening, left Tues.), she did tell someone that she was there on business, & she certainly was dressed that way throughout her stay, not the typical beach-holiday look; in fact on Monday, her hair had been professionally styled - a rarity for Susan!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.343531719023298.76888.198117626898042&type=1

Then on Wednesday, the day after she returned to the UK, her PR tweeted,

"There are wonderful things coming up in the world of Susan! Keep your eyes peeled"

So - what could have been her business in Benidorm...?

Could have been spanish tv maybe.

but its possible if they had one of the benidorm actors out there they could have filmed some inserts for later.

whatever it is, hope she enjoyed x
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is it that when certain people/celebrities behave badly in music/the arts they are given a certain kind of kudos. Sometimes, their behaviour is seen as 'cool' (admittedly, not by everyone). Someone like Susan Boyle (who has difficulties which aren't the consequence of her being off her face on drugs and alcohol) is reported to be kicking off and we hear lots of patronizing comments about her not being able to cope- or to the effect that she is some kind of demented loony who should have never tasted fame in the first place? Seems a bit inconsistent. I am referring to comments that I've seen elsewhere, not just on DS.
  • NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the final she allegedly attacked the floor manager backstage. That was the real reason why she was taken into mental care more or less straight after. She is a remarkable lady with a gift who deserves for that gift to be heard by peope. I agree they used editing or whatever to over hype that performance but it was great regardless. They just have to make sure she gets the treatment she needs so that she is safe and so are the people around her and above all want to do it and not be forced.

BIB - even if it is to her emotional detriment. :confused: Strikes me that Susan 'winning' is about far more for her fans than just hearing her sing. She is for them representative of the underdog breaking through for success. It is about the story & how it makes them feel about themselves.

Susan could make a living enough to provide her with what she wants. She doesn't need this level of success to provide her with stability & basic luxuries in life. The money will become (if it isn't already) a burden for her with a parasitic family after it when the media eyes are long gone.

This whole situation has disaster written all over it. I just hope when the fame has gone & she is left abandoned that those adoring her on here learn a lesson. Money & fame don't buy you happiness. Certainly not for someone of limited capabilities/expectations like Susan.

As for her gift. You'd think she was the only person with learning difficulties to have a half decent singing voice. Fact is she isn't (go to Festival Hall every year to annual concert) but most parents/family would never dream of exposing someone with her limitations to the fickle/cruel world of showbiz.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    How is it that when certain people/celebrities behave badly in music/the arts they are given a certain kind of kudos. Sometimes, their behaviour is seen as 'cool' (admittedly, not by everyone). Someone like Susan Boyle (who has difficulties which aren't the consequence of her being off her face on drugs and alcohol) is reported to be kicking off and we hear lots of patronizing comments about her not being able to cope- or to the effect that she is some kind of demented loony who should have never tasted fame in the first place? Seems a bit inconsistent. I am referring to comments that I've seen elsewhere, not just on DS.

I think it's because it's new and we don't know how to react. The first step is seeing vulnerable hurting is to take them away from the situation that we think is the cause.

It's a learning curve for everyone because it's new. At the same time why shouldn't vulnerable people take part in life and have all the opportunities we all have, given the chance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    BIB - even if it is to her emotional detriment. :confused:

No, i'm with you there. I think the person has to be able to handle it and be in situation where they arent forced in anyway and can end things if needed - and more importantly the people who work with them be prepared to put up the emotional backing as well as the business as well as sufficient aftercare so they aren't left on there own after. Easier said than done i guess.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    I think it's because it's new and we don't know how to react. The first step is seeing vulnerable hurting is to take them away from the situation that we think is the cause.

It's a learning curve for everyone because it's new. At the same time why shouldn't vulnerable people take part in life and have all the opportunities we all have, given the chance.

Really good points there. I agree :)
    Forum Member

Subo was in Spain for a quick vacation, before promo season starts.
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »

Susan Boyle has a large family of brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews, all of whom live close to her. She has one of the best and most honorable managers in the business, Andy Stephens, arranged for her by her niece, who's an entertainment lawyer in London. She is not managed by Syco's in-house "Modest Management". Last, but not least, after the huge success of her debut album, she and Syco renegotiated her contract, with much more generous terms.

Unlike most pop stars, old and young, she has become a multimillionaire without having to tour. They're knocking themselves out and Subo manages to stay successful with a light schedule geared to her temperament. No worries.