Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 20)

Comments

• misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought our game management last 10 mins was superb. Really kept the ball well and never allowed them to put us under pressure.
  • LONERIDER37LONERIDER37 Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't care who we get in the next round. We need to beat the Arsenals and Man Uniteds to win it anyway so would rather get them sooner than later.

On another note, how awesome was the double dance after the equaliser?

Moreno could improve his armography though, it's only a 7 from me I'm afraid.
    No, no no from me, We done that in the League cup, got a tough draw, deserved to win but lost!

Loved the double act - I saw Moreno in training mimicking Sturridge and Sturridge saying we do it together, I can tell you the dance was much better in the match than in training haha!
    Dandem wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind drawing Arsenal, but I would love a Liverpool-United final.
    Why Arsenal? I want Reading at home. I'd rather get Arsenal in the final not quarters and risk missing out on further progression.

on the game I thought we played pretty well, no stand out performers just a good all round team performance, with perhaps a special mention to Mignolet.
  • alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    I don't care who we get in the next round. We need to beat the Arsenals and Man Uniteds to win it anyway so would rather get them sooner than later.

On another note, how awesome was the double dance after the equaliser?

Moreno could improve his armography though, it's only a 7 from me I'm afraid.

MUFC and AFC are not through yet remember :D

I too like the dance duet as it shows team spirit - there has been lots on FB this week of Moreno copying Studge's dance so to see them do it in a game situation was just a laugh tbh

Must comment on Mig - totally unrecognisable from pre Christmas. hope this is not tempting providence but I now feel he is unlikely to make a rick and have a growing confidence in his ability to do the right thing as a keeper. He is still dodgy in terms of his distribution but even then he is not as much of a liability as he was in that the worst he does is often just hacking the ball clear and it then goes to an opposition player near the half way line which I can live with. If I had to name a LFC MOM today I may even say Mig, that's how much he has improved. Nobody of the outfields stood out for me but nobody was that bad either.

Overall I was very pleased with the win - till we scored I was a bit in panic mode as I feared we would not as it felt like 'one of those games' but I admit that that is illogical and in the end we easily deserved the win.

The ref is getting stick I see, I have seen worse but he did make mistakes - denying the Studge pen being the worst. Gayle dived twice and conned him twice but for that I blame Gayle more than him as I was not sure it was a dive till the replay was shown.

I am still not an Allen fan but he does a job when others are unavailable. I hate myself for saying this but I would prob rest Cout for Besiktas as we have enough other options and need to keep him fresh as I felt he looked a bit off today compared to recently - I am not a fan of resting as Luis and others from the past never needed rests but I guess different players have different physical make up and we have to treat them all as individuals.

The run continues - happy days - onwards and upwards.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For a a team with a manager who has no plan B we seem to be able to tinker with formations when necessary quite often.

BR is the man!!!
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    BR is the man!!!

Absolutely. I have to admit, I was a little bit aghast earlier in the season when some knee-jerky fans were calling for his head. I always had faith he'd turn it around, there's no way he fluked last season's 2nd place finish.
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought our game management last 10 mins was superb. Really kept the ball well and never allowed them to put us under pressure.

That's what I was saying after we went 2-1. How good our game management was by passing it round and killing the game. I think I've been Brendanised!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For a a team with a manager who has no plan B we seem to be able to tinker with formations when necessary quite often.

BR is the man!!!

I think some people need to realise having a plan B doesn't necessarily mean you bring a big bruiser on and fling the long balls up! Remember when we got rid of Andy Carroll? People were saying BR hadn't given him a chance and that he was the perfect plan B. How wrong they were!
  • taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,950
    Forum Member
    No Gerrard, no Sterling, no Ibe but still played well enough to win and get our name in the pot for the next round. I don't care much who we get, but a home tie would be very much appreciated considering what our schedule is looking like.

Another awkward week coming with the Thursday-Sunday routine. Ideally you'd want to put the best team out against Besiktas and try to win the tie in the first game, but the game at Southampton is also huge game. And with the return EL game and City the following week, it's hard to see where guys like Coutinho, Skrtel, Sakho and Hendo will get a break. A replay from today would've been a real headache.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see that Berahino (sp) tried his own attempt at the Sturridge dance.

Imitation not always the sincerest form of flattery...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liverpool record with Henderson as captain: P8 W6 D2 L0 F13 A3. And Hendo has 4 assists in those games. Henderson has 10 assists in all comps 4 more than anyone else. I'll leave you to think about that ; )
  • OrchideamOrchideam Posts: 5,480
    Forum Member
    seellee wrote: »
    Liverpool record with Henderson as captain: P8 W6 D2 L0 F13 A3. And Hendo has 4 assists in those games. Henderson has 10 assists in all comps 4 more than anyone else. I'll leave you to think about that ; )

That is very impressive, and gives us a massive boost for our future without SG, we are finally getting it all together, the future is bright! :D
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still don't like him though. Sharpie stealer. :P
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope we don't get Bradford! :eek:
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »
    Hope we don't get Bradford! :eek:

At this stage, non are going to be easy, and we would be doing homework on who we do get to play anyway. The non PL clubs play a lot tougher and harder a game than we do, on rougher pitches, and have got where they are on full merit.

I would sooner we got another PL club next mind, those lower league clubs can be deadly.
  • South Coast52South Coast52 Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Tusk0312 wrote: »
    well done guys. A shame we couldn't be arsed in trying to give you a game today. good luck for the rest of the competition.

Cheers for that.

Sporting of you.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone still following Suarez's games? Just scored a fantastic volley.
  • NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member

Great goal. Loved how he shifted his body and instantly knew what he was going to do and executed to perfection.

https://vine.co/v/OP9PnxnIEZj
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good to see the goals coming for him now. His been playing well for weeks without scoring but now it seems his finding the net.

Barcelona the last 6 weeks have been mighty impressive. Front 3 is ridiculous and I don't think City have enough to get past Barca this year.

Messi looks unplayable right now.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member

I don't usually watch Barcelona's games but I have been since he went there. Unbelievable technique for that goal. Not many players would even attempt such a volley with their weaker foot.
    Forum Member

I'd still have him back here in a nanosecond - warts and all. Always follow what he's doing, and how he's doing and wondering if he would ever come back.

That was one hell of a goal, just stunning!
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orchideam wrote: »
    I'd still have him back here in a nanosecond - warts and all. Always follow what he's doing, and how he's doing and wondering if he would ever come back.

Don't do it to yourself. #Ronaldo.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orchideam wrote: »

That was one hell of a goal, just stunning!

Me too think most fans would, I don't usually follow players after they left us but he was just that good really enjoy watching him.
  • mattlewis86mattlewis86 Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good comeback against a tough Palace side, looking forward to the draw tonight although I think we will draw Arsenal away, we always seem to get the tough games, would obviously love Arsenal v Man U should they progress but it never happens, I think the draw will be....

Aston Villa v Reading
    Arsenal v Liverpool
    Manchester United/Preston v Bradford
    West Brom v Blackburn Rovers

United always seem to get easier routes, wouldn't surprise me should they win tonight they will get Bradford at home. Not a pushover obviously but despite what they have done so far in the cup people will still favour a home draw against them.
    Forum Member
    Don't do it to yourself. #Ronaldo.

I know Jim, still have to hold onto dreams though. :p
    Forum Member
    Feb 19 - Besiktas (h) - Europa League

Feb 22 - Southampton (a) - Premier League

Feb 26 - Besiktas (a) - Europa League

Mar 1 - Man City (h)- Premier League

Our schedule over 11 days.

Courtinho needs a break really, Sterling should be back, but we will still be short of Lucas & Gerrard. However, I have great faith that Sturridge and Balo will begin to gel, we have Toure back to come in and relieve at the back, Ibe is looking amazing, in fact, we're looking good for the battles ahead.
This discussion has been closed.