Options

The Frankie Boyle Appreciation Thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,599
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone who disagrees... you have your own thread. no need to taint this one.

This is a thread for all those people who understand that Frankie Boyle's jokes are just that... jokes. He doesn't hold these beliefs, he even admitted on Alan Carr's show it was "just an act".

I personally love his dark humour, the fact he dares to push it just a little further than other comedians would. He certainly raised the bar on Mock the Week!

Post your favourite jokes and any other APPRECIATIVE comments here!!

Comments

• Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Certainly one of the best parts of Mock The Week IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone that goes to a Frankie gig not expecting him to go too far is being very naive.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find him more often very funny than not on Mock The Week (I haven't seen him elsewhere).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Frankie Boyle. Saw him live in a tiny theatre near Covent Garden a few years back. Hilarious as ever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "Do you remember years ago when Braveheart was made and they said 'Mel Gibson can't play a Scot'..., look at him now.
    An alchoholic racist"
    :D:p
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, count me in. I'd rather have controversial, interesting comedy than the middle of the road nonsense perpetuated by the ghastly Mcintyre and his ilk.
  • Options
    loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    I love Frankie Boyle! :D (I also love Michael McIntyre - I think there's room for both types of comedy :p)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree with you, I find Michael McIntyre funny too :p
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Frankie Boyle! :D (I also love Michael McIntyre - I think there's room for both types of comedy :p)

Fair enough:)

There is of course room for all types of comedy - but personally, I'd rather chew my own arm off than listen to the smug musings of Mr McIntyre. Different strokes for different folks and all that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I loved Dara's reaction to his "Animals" routine :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is of course room for all types of comedy - but personally, I'd rather chew my own arm off than listen to the smug musings of Mr McIntyre. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

I fully endorse this post. I'd prefer to hear the sound of an oncoming bus braking hard than that shakey-headed tw*ts unfunny rambling. Oh and Frankie Boyle can be good at times. I can't comment much on his Mock the Weak appearances as witless fools like Andy Parsons and Russell Howard ensure I don't watch it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    Yes, no, maybe from behind...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Answer: 9
    Frankie: Is it how many dwarves were there before political correctness forced the removal of Poofey and Rapey?
    :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're always going, don't deal with terrorists. Let's deal with them. What's Allah offering you boys, 100 virgins? We'll give you 50 slags.

'that's your smear test done, and i do have some bad news, I'm the janitor'

when i said i was a positive person, i meant hiv

Things you wouldn't hear on a kids TV show: "Now this drawing has been sent in by Robert Age 9... That's a shit drawing Robert. You know there are children your age in poverty who can make clothes!"

"There is a vegetarian option. You can **** off"
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    any Scot who can take the piss out of the Scots is OK by me...

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Things you wouldnt hear on Songs of Praise

"HELLO CANTERBURY, let's make some ****ING NOISE!!!!!"

:D
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    The dark heart of Mock the Week, MTW rapidly went downhill without him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It lost something without Frankie :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just adding my name to the appreciation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Why do pedophiles all have beards and glasses?? What is it about them that kids find sooo sexy?"
  • Options
    loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member

I wasn't getting at you or anything (just in case you thought I was :p), it was more for the people who don't think comedians should make 'dark' jokes.
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Answer: 9
    Frankie: Is it how many dwarves were there before political correctness forced the removal of Poofey and Rapey?
    :D:D
    Haha, that's brilliant. I forgot (or possibly missed) that one.
    Spanx wrote: »
    "There is a vegetarian option. You can **** off"

That's one of my favourite jokes. I laughed for ages at that. As well as "It's show business, Arlene, not ugly business!" when Arlene Philips was sacked from Strictly. It was his delivery that really got me. :D
  • Options
    Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just ordered his first DVD :D

and if i like that enough - i may chase him doing a live show in May ! we'll see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I liked his response to:
    Answer: 200 days (?)
    Is it how long does Adrian Chiles spend in the chair before the make up lady says "**** IT! THERE'S NOTHING ELSE I CAN DO!!!!" :D

What's that Joker? You'll be back?
    Somehow I dont think you will be.
    :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a word of warning ont he live dvd.. a lot of it is Mock the Week stuff. I think thats why in the latter series before he left he stopped doing the stand up scetion on the show, because it was using up a lot of his material.

Ive got tickets to his latest tour... can't wait!

ICE FISHING!!!!!
  • Options
    skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    He's a breath of fresh air in these days of political correctness.Most other stand ups do almost the same routines these days.