Options

Bruce Forsyth would like to be a judge on SCD

Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
Forum Member
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity-interviews/bruce-forsythe-returning-one-off-children-4586331

According this article he would like to be a judge on Strictly.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no .........................................................................

I definitely would watch then.

Comments

• Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    My goodness, NO.
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NO the panel lacks technical knowledge now without adding him
  • Options
    EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    No Donny 10s from Brucie ... except for himself.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noooooo
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely no!
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I don't want Bruce to present the show now, let alone be a judge on it! >:(

What does he know about dancing anyway?
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Actually to be fair to Bruce he was a good dancer in his day. I recall him in the Generation Game being very good at the tasks involving dances of all types. I suspect he is trained although it might only be in tap.

He did a TV series some years ago about Latin American dancing which took him out to Cuba and Puerto Rico. One of the Cuban dancers that worked on that show is someone I knew and he said he was really impressed at how quickly Bruce picked up the various things they - the Cuban dancers - showed him. It only took one demonstration and he got it.

He may not have the technical expertise but he isn't a completely mismatch.

But I thought he found doing a live show of that length too tiring these days. I am not sure how judging would make that any less of a problem apart from permitting him to sit down.
  • Options
    MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BFFFFS. No thank you
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If his his wife comes along I'll sign up as a runner ready to provide comfort to her in case anything happens to him ...

Sir Bruce & Lady Wilnelia Forsyth Salsa Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eruJr1H745M

At 86 he moves better than the likes of Scott and Judy
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    If his his wife comes along I'll sign up as a runner ready to provide comfort to her in case anything happens to him ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9msjEn9lLw

He's not bad in this either ( at about 4mins) although his partner is less pretty. :D
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually to be fair to Bruce he was a good dancer in his day. I recall him in the Generation Game being very good at the tasks involving dances of all types. I suspect he is trained although it might only be in tap.

He did a TV series some years ago about Latin American dancing which took him out to Cuba and Puerto Rico. One of the Cuban dancers that worked on that show is someone I knew and he said he was really impressed at how quickly Bruce picked up the various things they - the Cuban dancers - showed him. It only took one demonstration and he got it.

He may not have the technical expertise but he isn't a completely mismatch.

But I thought he found doing a live show of that length too tiring these days. I am not sure how judging would make that any less of a problem apart from permitting him to sit down.

Really interesting. I love those little outside glimpses of people we tend to dismiss or know in just one sphere. Good for Brucey. I wouldn't mind him as a judge, it would be a challenge though... He's always been the dancers' friend, a buffer-zone between their feelings and the judges' comments. Would he be able to deliver criticism??
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bruce would score entirely on whether the men are wearing tails and whether they're dancing to that modern rubbish.
  • Options
    tangos_with_timtangos_with_tim Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bruce has already made it clear he couldn't cope with the hours required for a whole series including results shows, I can't believe this is a serious prospect.
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show has become Light Entertainment (sic) like The Generation Game and Blankety Blank. Might as well go the whole hog.
  • Options
    missiemoomissiemoo Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hell no! Just got rid of him and certainly do not want him back,
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liking to do it and being able to do it are two different things. He's too old and not as sharp doing piece - to - camera work anymore. What I love about Craig and Bruno is that they give very good critique and don't waffle, especially Craig. Darcey hasn't mastered how to do it yet, she goes on and on. Bruce wouldn't be able to say what he had to say in the allotted time given, which I think Craig said on ITT was 20 seconds.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, a million times no. :o
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The forum meltdown would be glorious.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    No! No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

The old fart has finally gone - let him stay away!
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member

Sorry but that was absolutely DIRE! he was shuffling about worse than Judy and Scott and looking down at his feet - he was a so-so tap dancer in his youth and was shown up as totally mediocre when he tried to duet with the consummate song and dance man Sammy Davis Junior - who out sang him and danced rings round him!
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an interview in a tabloid!

He will have been asked if he would like to be judge and said 'Yes' just as probably most of the people here would. Imagine him saying 'No', it would headlined as him snubbing the show and all sorts of other interpretations put on it.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just the thought of it takes me to hell :o
  • Options
    supersezzasupersezza Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    No no noooooooooooooo!

There is no way he could see the dancers properly....maybe for a charity one at a stretch.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Bruce has already made it clear he couldn't cope with the hours required for a whole series including results shows, I can't believe this is a serious prospect.
    To quote from the article:

But Brucie doesn’t want to stop there. He’s got a seat on the judging panel in his sights. He laughed: “Well why not? Put it up to the BBC and let me know if they answer you."

So he’d be up for it?

“Oh crikey, yes.”
  • Options
    simfransimfran Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    No, thank you. Enough is enough.