Options

hetti bywater backstage scenes

jcotter779jcotter779 Posts: 787
Forum Member
✭✭
anyone else think she was putting a brave face on things, I think behind it all shes gutted, it shouldn't have been lucy that was killed off she was the future of the beales, the next cindy or Janine type character? such a shame and a waste, I hope this bobby kid is worth it because peter isn't going to be there either!

Comments

• Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jcotter779 wrote: »
    anyone else think she was putting a brave face on things, I think behind it all shes gutted, it shouldn't have been lucy that was killed off she was the future of the beales, the next cindy or Janine type character? such a shame and a waste, I hope this bobby kid is worth it because peter isn't going to be there either!

I often wonder if she's related to Anthea Turner. There are some similarities in the face.

Hetti shouldn't have any trouble getting more TV work though.
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a huge shame Lucy is now gone. Bringing in Cindy was a wise decision but she isn't and never will be a Beale but I suppose like Steven she is an honoury one by default. Peter will probably be back at some point but I think storywise it makes sense he leaves for a bit.

Kathy is coming back and maybe even Steven will reappear at some point himself.
  • Options
    Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only now I realize what a loss Hetti Bywater is to the show. Anyway, nothing we can do about it but I think she's great :)
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is a shame, I loved the Whodunnit and reveal but Lucy had so much potential.
  • Options
    HelicaseHelicase Posts: 4,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melissa did a better job than Hetti anyway so the cock up with Lucy Beale was made years ago with her recast. Perhaps DTC thought the same.
  • Options
    MikaRimmerMikaRimmer Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've said since it was announced, Hetti was incredible as Lucy, really loved her when she took over the Beale empire and saw a more vulnerable side to her, and her cancer scare which brought her close to both Denise and Tamwar. And I said Lucy was the twin who should of lived because of her potential, and Peter, although he's been brilliant is a much blander character compared to her, he should of died, although the impact probably would not have had the same effect. At least we have Cindy and Bobby still loved that last scene where they all hugged showing the future Beale family, plus we have Cathy coming back too.
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    It would be good to see her in other things.
  • Options
    summerbunnysummerbunny Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No hated the new Lucy with a passion
    Melissa was always Lucy to me, as for peter I actually like ben the new actor
    It should have been Melissa and ben.
    They were to quick to recast Lucy after she was sacked.
    Hetti should have been a Mitchell she looks a lot like the family.
  • Options
    WilkcoWilkco Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »
    It would be good to see her in other things.

She was in Death in Paradise a few weeks back. She looked very thin.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helicase wrote: »
    Melissa did a better job than Hetti anyway so the cock up with Lucy Beale was made years ago with her recast. Perhaps DTC thought the same.

I agree.:)
  • Options
    MissMonkeyMooMissMonkeyMoo Posts: 3,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like hetti and thought she did a good job, but I always thought Melissa was an amazing actress who was perfect as cindy's daughter.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

yes, I thought she was putting on a brave face

What a stupid end to what has been a gripping 10 months, to be killed of by your 10 year old half brother
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think anyone would be she unemployed and back to a jobbing actor now, but she been a good sport in doing all the aftermath stuff.

I do feel for her cause on retrospective although it's been a brilliant week I think perhaps she was the wrong person to choose and and as time goes on it wasn't worth loosing her character over but it done and dusted now, the storyline coming to a close and Lucy Beale is no more.
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think her acting ability was the main reason this storyline went ahead.

Had it been Melissa i douby they would have killed her off
  • Options
    DebDynamiteDebDynamite Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    She may have been gutted, but if you have to leave, what an amazing way to go. A 10 month wait to find out who her killer was - she'll never be forgotten.
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually preferred Hetti's Lucy to Melissa's, tbh. I think she was under-rated and I really hope she goes on to have success elsewhere.
  • Options
    jboy2k8jboy2k8 Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted or not, she had an amazing storyline to go out on, and her storyline was the main one behind the 30th Anniversary.
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member

He could easily got her back if he wanted, as long as Mell agreed not sure she would though maybe he did and she said no.
  • Options
    StroudyStroudy Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    In the backstage show it looked like she couldn't wait to leave, But let's be honest it was rubbish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    It's a shame they picked Lucy because she was the most interesting of the Beale children with the most potential, but that's probably exactly the reason they did pick her. Both for the impact and the fact there would be a lot more opportunity to explore suspects etc because she was a character who could believably give lots of people reason to dislike her. Part of me would rather Peter had been the one to die, but what would the storyline have been? Who would have reason to kill him? Not to mention it would be difficult to string out for so long because Lucy certainly wouldn't have let that case go. Obviously they would have come up with a decent storyline etc had this been the case, but I think it made more immediate sense to choose Lucy.

Plus let's not forget, as a female (who is more likely to change her name through marriage), Lucy was the one of Ian's three biological children who was least likely to carry on the Beale name. At least with Bobby and Peter being alive they have two opportunities to create the next Ian Beale (perhaps less so now with Bobby lol), rather than the next Cindy Beale, which they can fulfil with Cindy Jr anyway.
  • Options
    puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She was too one dimensional when Melissa played her with that permanent sneer on her face. Hetti fleshed her out and gave her vulnerability. Lucy had such great potential, it should have been Peter or even Bobby, if they needed to make Ian lose a child.
  • Options
    StroudyStroudy Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdxpm-7WW98

at 1:33 you can tell she was surprised that Lucy was being killed off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Melissa was perfect as Lucy but I think Hetti did a great job. I wished they did not kill her off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I honestly think in the long term they have made a mistake killing her off...I guess the specific strands of her various failing relationships just reached boiling point all culminating in that night.
    Just still feel she had a lot to offer as both an actress and character. They will drag the aftermath of this out for as long as they can but really feel that it will be a difficult gap to fill
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    On the bright side for Hetti, surely the storyline will have massively raised her profile? There should be plenty of work she can get as a result.