Tory Chair of the Health Select Committee takes a swipe at Jeremy Hunt

HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
Forum Member
https://mobile.twitter.com/sarahwollaston/status/661694486523809792?p=v

I think this very independent minded MP makes many valid points and her criticism of Hunts inflamatory non constructive tactics are spot on.Her whole recent twitter history shows why shes a brilliant MP but who is someone unlikely to be promoted into government!

Jeremy Hunt really has played this dispute badly.

Comments

• HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    I wonder why so few tories are keen to get the ball rolling on this! 😁
  • OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think this very independent minded MP makes many valid points and her criticism of Hunts inflamatory non constructive tactics are spot on.Her whole recent twitter history shows why shes a brilliant MP but who is someone unlikely to be promoted into government!

What you mean THIS Jeremy Hunt?
    http://www.greenbenchesuk.com/2012/09/jeremy-hunt-co-authored-book-calling.html

Nine quotes from book/s co-authored by JH
    1. Page 98 of the 2008 book mocks the NHS as "the national sickness service".

2. The problem with the NHS is not one of resources. Rather, it is that the system remains a centrally run, state monopoly, designed over half a century ago.

3. Page 78 of the 2005 book says the following "Our ambition should be to break down the barriers between private and public provision, in effect denationalising the provision of health care in Britain"

4. Page 31 of he 2005 book says the following "They are told that record investment has transformed the NHS; but their hospital seems as grimy as ever."

5. Page 40 of the 2008 book mocked the NHS as a Quango "The NHS is one among many institutions that make up the quango state."

6. Page 74 of the 2005 book states the following "The problem with the NHS is not one of resources.
    Rather, it is that the system remains a centrally run, state monopoly"

7. Page 76 of the 2005 book states "The NHS was designed over half a century ago, at a time of rationing and deep poverty. It was, and remains, a child of its time".

8. Page 80 of the 2005 book states "a 1940s monopolistic structure is no longer relevant in the Twenty-first
    Century."

9. Page 74 of the 2005 book states "We should fund patients, either through the tax system or by way of
    universal insurance, to purchase health care from the provider of their choice."

So what does Cameron do? he puts him in charge of the NHS, this shows the utter contempt that the Tories have for the UK public in general and their ultimate intention to destroy the NHS,
    Talk about putting a fox in charge of the hen house?
    Forum Member
    What you mean THIS Jeremy Hunt?
    http://www.greenbenchesuk.com/2012/09/jeremy-hunt-co-authored-book-calling.html

Nine quotes from book/s co-authored by JH

So what does Cameron do? he puts him in charge of the NHS, this shows the utter contempt that the Tories have for the UK public in general and their ultimate intention to destroy the NHS,
    Talk about putting a fox in charge of the hen house?

It's amazing that Jeremy Hunt doesn't receive more scrutiny over this as simply claiming it no longer reflects his beliefs is not credible in my opinion.
  • OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's amazing that Jeremy Hunt doesn't receive more scrutiny over this as simply claiming it no longer reflects his beliefs is not credible in my opinion.

Clearly had his name been Jeremy Corbyn it would never have been enough, the very fact that he once held such beliefs should be enough to prevent him ever being put in charge of the very service that he said those things about,
    As I say it's just more proof of the Tories utter contempt for the British people they don't even try to hide the fact that they are taking the proverbial, no wonder they believe that they can get away with anything,
  • mRebelmRebel Posts: 24,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

MP's who are any good rarely get promoted to the front bench.
    Forum Member
    mRebel wrote: »
    MP's who are any good rarely get promoted to the front bench.

Sadly that is often true