Options

Neighbours - Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    lybertynelybertyne Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's got a weird top lip that makes him look like he is snarling a lot.
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    This explosion storyline with Paul is just ridiculous. It's obvious he didn't do it, yet he's now just given up fighting his innocence and is willing to go to prison for 15-20 years!? Like ANYONE would just give up like that, and especially Paul Robinson.. It's so out of character.
  • Options
    Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really enjoying Xanthe. I think the self-hate storyline has been really well paced. She's a really pretty girl but she doesn't realise it herself. Presumably it's going to be one of those nice feel-good message stories that a Neighbours does so well when they put there mind to it.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Towie1977 wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying Xanthe. I think the self-hate storyline has been really well paced. She's a really pretty girl but she doesn't realise it herself. Presumably it's going to be one of those nice feel-good message stories that a Neighbours does so well when they put there mind to it.

She is the best out of the teens tbh. Piper,Ben, Angus annoying as hell.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tweety Pie wrote: »
    For me it all went downhill with the aftermath of the explosion but like you I still tune in!

It really has, there is not one likeable story atm. Maybe a new family needs to be introduced, to freshen things up.
  • Options
    Super- GirlSuper- Girl Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    I was expecting Karl to pop out from behind the door of the cosmetic clinic and give Xanthe a consultation.
  • Options
    Tweety PieTweety Pie Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was expecting Karl to pop out from behind the door of the cosmetic clinic and give Xanthe a consultation.

Yes that wouldn't have surprised my seeing as Karl is the Jack of all trades when it comes to being a doctor (and he's apparently the only doctor in Melbourne) :)
  • Options
    vixkivixki Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    Did we ever find out what was going on with Xanthe's mum? I remember when she first arrived she was off making suspicious calls and trying to get money off Sheila...but then it just suddenly became accepted that her mum was AWOL and that was that.

Also who was Mandy really? I think I missed a bit, one moment John Doe was telling her he was allergic to pineapple and the next, she was saying that he didn't say anything much to her the morning of the explosion?
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    This explosion storyline with Paul is just ridiculous. It's obvious he didn't do it, yet he's now just given up fighting his innocence and is willing to go to prison for 15-20 years!? Like ANYONE would just give up like that, and especially Paul Robinson.. It's so out of character.
    I don't think it is out of character for Paul to be resigned to his fate. They have said he is depressed and, we know he battled depression after Kate died; he feels he's lost Terese to Walter; Amy and Jimmy don't believe he's innocent; the cops have no other suspects - it makes sense that he would give up and run away at this point. He's a broken man. He's still acting selfish with no regard for Steph's investment, and is stuck in self pity mode - so still Paul Robinson, then.

Bring in fake gf Mandy kinda piqued my interest in the John Doe story. I think they could have had another scene explaining why Mandy concocted such an elaborate lie for a man she doesn't know. Must be a really lonely, isolated woman.

Add me to Team Xanthe. Really love her character. I am a bit Piper'd out right now - she needs to have less episodes for a while. I get the feeling they don't quite know how to write for Ben.

I have a horrible feeling that Ned will be responsible for the explosion. They have ruled every other suspect out, and Ned is linked to Jacka who framed Paul, plus he's only a guest character. I hope I am wrong.
  • Options
    emma_92emma_92 Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Would someone Xanthes age be allowed to have surgery without parental consent?! She's a teenager!

I know a comment was made in today's episode that her mum sent an email but would an email be enough? I'd of hoped a written signature would be required and that the parent would be present at all times.
  • Options
    retrovertigoretrovertigo Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    That's some shoddy service at that cosmetic surgery clinic. They keep you waiting so long that you have time for four lots of visitors!
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's some shoddy service at that cosmetic surgery clinic. They keep you waiting so long that you have time for four lots of visitors!
    Seemed like that receptionist was enjoying herself.
  • Options
    Fee77Fee77 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ned kissing Lauren......as if that would ever happen in real life :D
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fee77 wrote: »
    Ned kissing Lauren......as if that would ever happen in real life :D

We didn't see that one coming a mile off.
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Just remember Lauren, you are still technically "the other woman" and you may have exploited your grief to get close to Brad (after Matt died) but don't judge Terese by your own standards.
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    fiagomez wrote: »
    It's good to see Lauren getting a taste of her own medicine i reckon...

Disagree, you make it sound like Lauren was being deliberately calculated but she'd known him since they were both teenagers so naturally he was the one she felt most comfortable turning to after Matt died rather than any of the neighbours.

Well the kiss wasn't much, something of nothing really. Lauren needs to put Brad on notice instead of letting him run off all the time to console Terese.

I enjoyed Aaron's talk with Xanthe, he continues to impress me as the nicest of the Brennan bros. He was gentle, kind and most of all honest. At first I thought Sheila was just being a silly old bat but she does have a point. That clinic obviously didn't bother to do any kind of checks on her age or the veracity of the permission she said she had gotten from her mum. It was all about the money, money, money...

Seems like Steph has twigged to who might have paid Cecilia off now I'm wondering if she's going to act on her hunch?
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    deleted post
  • Options
    NoxyNoxy Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    Why is Sheila's dialogue in particular shockingly bad?
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, Paul is fleeing the cops and Nate thinks he might be hiding in the Lassiter's complex??

Anyway, turns out, Paul is in the woods, sitting on a log.
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    I'm really intrigued to find out who Jacka is working for. It sounds like it has to be someone who has a grudge against Paul, so problably (and thankfully) not Ned. I love how Paul is hiding in the bush and thinks Jacka is someone he can trust.

Really liked the Ned/Lauren/Brad scenes.

Also loved Xanthe's scenes with Ben, and the one with Sheila talking about loving her body and going into awkward detail about breat feeding, etc.

I also liked that scene with Aaron opening up about his past, but is it just me or does Aaron have more of an interesting back story than a present one? He was bullied at school, so decided to bulk up, but had low self esteem and got pec implants. None of these issues ever seem to influence his current storylines. There has been plenty of times when they could have used those issues to enrich his dramas with Nate, Tom and even his father. It just feels like if you missed any of those throwaway scenes, Aaron would still feel like he lacks development. It's a shame, b/c these are topical subjects that affect a lot of young men, and I think they could have done a better job with developing Aaron's character.
  • Options
    wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,773
    Forum Member
    I'm starting to wonder if Julie Quill was behind the explosion.
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    We were on the tour when the scenes were filming surrounding the reveal of Lassiters. We weren't allowed to watch obviously, but, one of the guys had sneaked onto the set and hid behind some of the big pot plants for a bit, and told us what happened. You won't be disappointed.
    Nene is accused and the evidence is damning. She is chased onto the roof of Lassiters by police and fearing for her life and going to prison, falls / jumps. Paul and Amy rush over, and in all the drama Shelia pulls Jimmy away from the scene, where he breaks down and reveals it was him and was angry with Archie Quill calling him names, and wanted to help his G dads motel.
  • Options
    ChzzaChzza Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We were on the tour when the scenes were filming surrounding the reveal of Lassiters. We weren't allowed to watch obviously, but, one of the guys had sneaked onto the set and hid behind some of the big pot plants for a bit, and told us what happened. You won't be disappointed.
    Nene is accused and the evidence is damning. She is chased onto the roof of Lassiters by police and fearing for her life and going to prison, falls / jumps. Paul and Amy rush over, and in all the drama Shelia pulls Jimmy away from the scene, where he breaks down and reveals it was him and was angry with Archie Quill calling him names, and wanted to help his G dads motel.

Wow.if that's true it's brilliant. Very unexpected.
  • Options
    MadgeMadge Posts: 6,492
    Forum Member

Wow :o
  • Options
    Fee77Fee77 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds ridiculous tbh.
This discussion has been closed.