A Jubilee Tribute to the Queen by Prince Charles

Comments

• habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its made me want to sort out all my old cine films now :)
  • Neda_TurkNeda_Turk Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    dome wrote: »
    Why are you watching?

Hey! I paid for this and am more than entitled to see where my money has been wasted.

Could you explain to me why yours is the standard dismissive question to everything about the Royals?

We PAY FOR THESE PARASITES! :rolleyes:
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neda_Turk wrote: »
    Yes Charlie they are called Rolleiflex cameras - They are of course the top of the range most expensive camera you can get. Many of your mother's subjects couldn't afford them.

Not that that every crosses the Royals minds.

can I ask why you are watching something like this as you obviously dislike the royals
    Forum Member
    habby wrote: »

That's interesting. Did you have 16mm cine cameras and Rolleiflex cameras? Or were yours what normal people had to have?
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    spookyLX wrote: »
    Yes the press has been particular hard on him which was not fair , I do hope he gets his chance to be our King one day :)

So do I!

Edward VII was much maligned, but ended up loved by his subjects. Hope the same happens for Charles.
  • Beau_SoirBeau_Soir Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can I ask why you are watching something like this as you obviously dislike the royals

Exactly what I was thinking. It's quite bizarre.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's interesting. Did you have 16mm cine cameras and Rolleiflex cameras? Or were yours what normal people had to have?

I'd stop sucking those lemons if I were you
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,699
    Forum Member
    So lovely to see Prince Charles genuinely having a great laugh at the old footage.

He doesn't comment much about his father though.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Hey! I paid for this and am more than entitled to see where my money has been wasted.

Could you explain to me why yours is the standard dismissive question to everything about the Royals?

You obviously hate them, I personally wouldn't help with viewing figures if I felt the same way as you do.

I don't and am loving it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They've lasted well over the years, the quality of what he was showing is pretty decent
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And they bring in more revenue to the country than they cost us. And only cost a tax payer 62p a year
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ok ...why the little digs? You can see that the rest of the fms posting here are enjoying the programme.
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,699
    Forum Member
    Lord Mountbatten was like a father to Charles, he was so sad at his death. :(
    Forum Member

Fully explained in previous post.

Why is the answer to the Royals to just ignore them if you don't like it? We can ignore them if they stop taking our money and have back all the things that where handed to them on a plate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    You obviously hate them, I personally wouldn't help with viewing figures if I felt the same way as you do.

I don't and am loving it!

Me too, and I'm by no means pro royal. It's nice to see behind the scenes footage when everyone is far more relaxed
  • squadgesquadge Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Charlie they are called Rolleiflex cameras - They are of course the top of the range most expensive camera you can get. Many of your mother's subjects couldn't afford them.

Not that that every crosses the Royals minds.

why are you so bitter?

:)I'm no aristocrat but we had little movie cameras back then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thoroughly enjoying this. Loving the home movies.
    Forum Member
    Ok ...why the little digs? You can see that the rest of the fms posting here are enjoying the programme.

So where does it say that this is a Royal appreciation thread?

Disgusting that people are trying to close down free speech.

Shameful!

They take people's money and then people rush to suppress, stop and cover up any other view than that of treating them like gods.
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fully explained in previous post.

Why is the answer to the Royals to just ignore them if you don't like it? We can ignore them if they stop taking our money and have back all the things that where handed to them on a plate.

hmmm you do know that at least 99% of everything they have actually belongs to the state ie land , property , Jewels etc

And they pay quite a bit of tax these days :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone think that young blonde Charles in his blue coat, looked like William at that age??
  • SnikpohSnikpoh Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lovely programme - really enjoying it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmmm you do know that at least 99% of everything they have actually belongs to the state ie land , property , Jewels etc

Just ignore it, it will eventually get bored and go away. Meanwhile back to the show...:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So where does it say that this is a Royal appreciation thread?

Disgusting that people are trying to close down free speech.

Shameful!

They take people's money and then people rush to suppress, stop and cover up any other view than that of treating them like gods.

oh dearie me, you do have a case of envy don't you. lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone think that young blonde Charles in his blue coat, looked like William at that age??

Yes I thought that too, he was a cute little chappy at that age little Charlie
    Forum Member

Big WHIOOP! You offer that as an excuse when everyone else has to pay full tax?

Talk about not getting the whole point.

Well if it all belongs to us then we should sell it and get the country out of the mess it's in. Stating with Cornwall!